Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Tamea Goldenrod
Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk

Yes THIS, all the way.

Precious Feeder

Nezzie13
But why?! Please tell me CVS and Target will still carry them?!

Nope. The cards they had would not activate at all, at least where I live. Honestly, I think pulling them from the shelves is rather dumb on their part. Yes they are coming up with methods for people who don't want to deal with credit cards and the sort, but what about people who don't want to deal with prepaid cards. Most prepaid cards or cards where you can load money back onto it have reload it fees. Unless they are going to wave the reload it fee, why bother? Honestly I don't see what they had to mess with something that was working so well.

Schnakey 's Girlfriend

OG Bunny

13,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Fapkin
PLEASE tell me that Wal- Mart will still carry them! The rest of the stores are quite a bit of a drive for me... D:

wal mart doesn't carry them any more

Original Sex Symbol

I3 U N N E Y
Fapkin
PLEASE tell me that Wal- Mart will still carry them! The rest of the stores are quite a bit of a drive for me... D:

wal mart doesn't carry them any more

That friggin' breaks my heart now. I refuse to use my debit card online, and now I'll have no way to get Cash if I have the sudden urge to buy some. :c

Witty Conversationalist

9,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Dawn Morningstar
Nezzie13

Nope. The cards they had would not activate at all, at least where I live. Honestly, I think pulling them from the shelves is rather dumb on their part. Yes they are coming up with methods for people who don't want to deal with credit cards and the sort, but what about people who don't want to deal with prepaid cards. Most prepaid cards or cards where you can load money back onto it have reload it fees. Unless they are going to wave the reload it fee, why bother? Honestly I don't see what they had to mess with something that was working so well.

Wow, that's horrible. eek Have you tried telling anyone at Gaia? In my city CVS and Target are the only stores where I can get cash cards and they work just fine.
I don't want to bother with re-loading or buying cash online, so brick-and-mortar stores are my best bet; I don't have to worry about security issues or what's in my account (I use debit, not credit), I just grab 26 bucks and get myself a card. It's quick, easy, and it works for me.

Charitable Sweetheart

13,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
if walmart does not carry them then i don't know what i'll do because i'd rather buy it there since i work there and i can pick it up when i work no special trips. and i don't like using my money online as for other places aside from game stop is the only place remotely close and even then all i would want is maybe $10 at a time not like $25 otherwise i might burn through it all too fast however if gaia does not want to let me buy it then i guess i will have to keep earning it from videos unless i want to pay flipin fees and buy a prepaid credit card which is not cool

Quotable Shade

Worlds Worst Thief
Queen Qcoeurleene
Worlds Worst Thief
Well seems I'm out of luck, Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and GameStop don't have them.

Just what I was stating.

You live in Idaho?

Nope.
I live in Georgia.

rite-aid has NEVER had them where I live in Georgia. o.o;;
Then again, I think I'm the only one that has a gaia in this town... ><

STILL. I haven't seen them in Statesboro's, Hinesville's, or Vidalia's Wal-Marts and those are the only ones we go to. ; w;

Precious Feeder

Nezzie13
Dawn Morningstar
Nezzie13

Wow, that's horrible. eek Have you tried telling anyone at Gaia? In my city CVS and Target are the only stores where I can get cash cards and they work just fine.
I don't want to bother with re-loading or buying cash online, so brick-and-mortar stores are my best bet; I don't have to worry about security issues or what's in my account (I use debit, not credit), I just grab 26 bucks and get myself a card. It's quick, easy, and it works for me.

I wasn't sure if this was an issue that I could bring up with gaia because I didn't know if these cards were coming straight from their offices or if their working with a third party.

Desirable Lover

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
They havent been able to activate the cards where i live too, and now no store i go to in the DFW area has them. Man, what were the admins thinking. this isnt a "slow phase out" and the ultimate game cards arent in my area!

11,925 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Interesting topic. I for one am concerned, I only recently started buying cash cards cause I am worried about credit card use over the internet. Of course the cards are only so good. Sometimes you just dont have the money to pay for cards and what not, while earning it over gaia also only goes so far. If you're like me and only do the free advertisements cause you're uneasy with downloading things onto your computer for Gcash, you dont have much of options to earn. Especially if you have problems like I used too where you take a free quiz for Gcash, make it all to the end after all the advertisements you had to go through to get the answer and in the end it doesnt give you the Gcash. Man I hate that, cause even after I had reported it, I'd never hear back about it. Sorry to say.lol. Anyway, I'd like to see Gcash offered through the Daily Chance or even be able to use gaia gold to purchase cash. Of course you'd probably end up having to spend more gold for cash than what its worth, it certainly is something to think about right? lol. Anyway, I'm glad to see gaia moving up but I'm not sure getting rid of cash cards is the greatest idea.

Mythical Shapeshifter

siskataya

I had gone to four different GameStops in one day, searching for a Gaia Card. Three out of the four said they had never heard of Gaia and that they didn't carry them. One told me to try Toys R Us, I did & didn't find any, I never expected to anyhow because on the "Redeem a card or Pin" page, there is a list of stores they say have these cards:

Target, Walmart, 7-11, AAPES, meijer, F.Y.E., CVS, goHastings, Blockbuster, Rite Aid, Speedway, and GameStop.

I have never seen half of the stores on this list in my area, there are no more Blockbusters in my area, and the stores that I go to regularly, like Walmart, Target, and GameStop, no longer have the cards.

Now, I understand that these stores may want to phase out old merchandise, and want to start up something new. But for those like myself who, not so much depend on upon these cards, but do prefer this method of buying Gaia Cash, it is an extreme inconvenience. I have not seen these Ultimate Game Cards that you claim are in the same areas as the Cash cards. I also do not have a Paypal account, or have a credit/debit card of my own. I don't want to get an account, but if this is the only other way for me to get Gaia Cash, then I will try.

It feels as if I am being given ultimatums. Either I buy the Ultimate Game Card, or risk buying online through Paypal. I don't like these options. Is there any way to keep the cards?- in Walmart and Target, at least? Why did our Walmarts and Targets decide to phase them out, but not Canada's? What does this Ultimate Game Card look like? Will it be easy to find?

XDemoness_GuardianX also brings up another issue. While you have these deals for earning Gaia Cash without the cards, they are not all rewarding. I have gone through several advertisements and videos, believing that if I just sit through a five minute video I'll get some GC. But then it turns out that I have to download the item advertised, even though I don't want it, in order to get my cash. Not only has this wasted my time, because it doesn't tell you before the video that you'll have to download it in order to complete the action, but it is forcing another ultimatum upon me: download the item an get the cash, or don't download it and miss the cash. I'm not even sure what this type of advertising action is called, but it seems very wrong to me. I believe that it should always be an option to choose whether or not we want to download the item advertised. That is simply being courteous to the customer.

Yes, the amount of cash given for completing these advertisements is a little disappointing, but I understand that you would rather not give out cash in large quantities this way because it isn't GaiaOnline making the money, but the companies being advertised. But in all honesty, getting two GC for sitting through a video more than eight minutes long is a little ridiculous.

I know that you, as the administrators, cannot read every post that is made on these types of forums. And I know that you cannot make everyone happy. But please try to not completely cut out a way for those who only deal in cold, hard, paper cash to buy Gaia Cash Cards.

Even if you only skimmed it, thank you for looking over my post and taking it into consideration. I don't post about site changes often, but this is a rather big impact, and I felt that I needed to say something. Again, thank you for reading this.

-Sincerely and fervently hoping for a solution to appease all,
kurotsukineko

Omnipresent Lunatic

31,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
I bought a $20 Ultimate Game Card and all I could buy with it was $10 worth of Gaia Cash and the other half of the money on my Ultimate Game Card turned into 1000 Ultimate Game Points with which I have no idea what to do. So how do I redeem the rest of the Ultimate Game Points on my Ultimate Game Card for Gaia Cash?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Neko Majin C
I bought a $20 Ultimate Game Card and all I could buy with it was $10 worth of Gaia Cash and the other half of the money on my Ultimate Game Card turned into 1000 Ultimate Game Points with which I have no idea what to do. So how do I redeem the rest of the Ultimate Game Points on my Ultimate Game Card for Gaia Cash?

Well that is another friggin reason for me not to get those!

Why does everything have to be so damned complicated?!

Angelic Healer

Wow the only store after they change where I can get cash cards is Walgreens. sad

And I bet they will not have the $25 ones with the bonus.

Shirtless Regular

we should make some kind petition because this affects a lot of gaians in a negative way it also might cause some of us to not wanna donate anymore due to all the security problems with online payments and issues with the ultimate game cards overall i believe taking out cash cards from stores is an injustice to commited gaians around the us and i personally would like to see them reinstated....WHOS WITH ME!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff