Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Friend

12,925 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
I thnk is is a very stupid thing to do. Some people have no way of getting cash via online, and rely on being able to buy them in the store. I am one of them. And I'm not going to go out of my way to get a paypal or a stupid credit card just to get gaia cash. I'll just live without it.

All in all, this is a dumb decision, and I'm sure you're going to lose a lot of business doing it.

Dapper Shapeshifter

9,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
If the current GC cards go, I'm never bothering to get the currency again. I've found that when sites go through other providers or require for payment to be made online, more things can go wrong.

Also: there are younglings on this site! I was even once one of them, several years ago!
Trust me: if younglings ask their parents to get them cards that can be used on multiple different sites, they are far less likely to get them because the parent wants them on sites that they already know about. Having a Gaia-only card assures the parent that their child isn't off buying horrible, horrible things and is staying on a safe site.

This change is going to be a mistake, Gaia. Please consider what you're doing.

If there's another reason behind this change, tell us - but don't say it's just for 'something new' because you won't get good feedback.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Distinct Elder

7,675 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Bellus Exitium
The only place in Ontario I have ever seen Cash Cards is in Walmart. I live in a small town so we don't have like a 711.

Where will the cards be available now up here?

Aye, lass. I have found Gaia Cash Cards in my local Shoppers Drug Mart, in Ontario, Canada.

Why I like this? My family buys them for me as gifts at Christmas and for birthdays. Such a wonderful thing to look forward to . . .

And thanks be! that the Gaia Cash Cards will continue to be sold in Canada -- not affected by the change,

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
i hope 7/11 stores here in the Philippines will be able to sell them now.. pretty pretty please? crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Magical Explorer

22,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
siskataya

• In the US, you will no longer be able to get Gaia-branded cash cards in Walmart or Target. I know this is disappointing for many of you. Please understand that many large chain stores located in the US are changing the way they stock game/gift cards, and tend to be focusing on larger brand name cards (e.g. Xbox cards, Facebook cards, Olive Garden cards, etc.)

• We are currently finalizing a partnership with the same company that helped us create the original Gaia-branded cash cards. These cards won't have the Gaia art or logo on them, but you will be able to purchase them in a store and redeem them on Gaia for Gaia cash.

• Ok, I'm still a bit confused.
    Are Gaia cash cards still gong to be available in the U.S. in stores that were carrying them other than Walmart and Target, or is this new card going to replace Gaia cash cards entirely? cat_question

Lonely Businessman

Tamea Goldenrod
    Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk

Don't know if anyone's quoted you but Canada has gaia cash cards, if I can get them on this tiny island of NL..then you should be able to purchase them anywhere
    -RainbowFizzyPops-
    I thnk is is a very stupid thing to do. Some people have no way of getting cash via online, and rely on being able to buy them in the store. I am one of them. And I'm not going to go out of my way to get a paypal or a stupid credit card just to get gaia cash. I'll just live without it.

All in all, this is a dumb decision, and I'm sure you're going to lose a lot of business doing it.

Best post about this topic.

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
    • Piecatcher 100
    • Beta Consumer 0
    • Conventioneer 300
    Gruelgrimm
    Bellus Exitium
    The only place in Ontario I have ever seen Cash Cards is in Walmart. I live in a small town so we don't have like a 711.

Where will the cards be available now up here?

Aye, lass. I have found Gaia Cash Cards in my local Shoppers Drug Mart, in Ontario, Canada.

Why I like this? My family buys them for me as gifts at Christmas and for birthdays. Such a wonderful thing to look forward to . . .

And thanks be! that the Gaia Cash Cards will continue to be sold in Canada -- not affected by the change,

Yeppers. Even better, I work at SDM where it's convenient. 3nodding

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
    • Piecatcher 100
    • Beta Consumer 0
    • Conventioneer 300
    Rufausu
    Tamea Goldenrod
    Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk

Don't know if anyone's quoted you but Canada has gaia cash cards, if I can get them on this tiny island of NL..then you should be able to purchase them anywhere

I did quote shortly after reading Tamea Goldenrod's post several pages back.

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
    • Piecatcher 100
    • Beta Consumer 0
    • Conventioneer 300
    Of course... I am not too sure about Quebec. They have Pharmaprix (Francais version of SDM). Last time I went there was 2 decades ago. So I'm not too sure if SDM shipped GC cards to its sister stores in Quebec.

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
    • Generous 100
    • Lavish Tipper 200
    • Threadmaster 200
    Molpoints for Gaia Cash?

I see that the payment option is listed in Gaia Online.
    However, it is not listed on the Molpoints Website itself.

Is that Payment option still available?

Magical Explorer

12,300 Points
    • Timid 100
    • Supreme Supporter 500
    • Citizen 200
    ~Vocaloid 2, Hatsune Miku, Speaking~
    "Ill have to get my cash cards from CVS or Gamestop so i can get the hair i need for Miku. Thanks for telling us about this."

Romantic Cat

I wish this had been posted as a Dev Alert or something so that I would have known about it before I went to Walmart & Rite-Aid... Where I couldn't even find place holders of the Gaia cards. :c

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Poison Master 250
    • Winged 100
    siskataya
    Nyadriel
    Kez Mani

What about Gamestop and Rite-aid?

This is what I wanna know.

The Game Stop I go to is right across the parking lot from the Stop and Shop I go to for groceries every week. It's easy and convenient for me since I don't get out much (especially with arthritic knees and an injured foot). I doubt if the Cumberland farms across the street from where I live will ever carry any of these things.

@ thread topic:

I also wanna know if Money Order option will be returned for those of us who won't have access to any cards anywhere.
    Also, I do not like the idea of having to use Pay Pal even just to buy the reloadable cards. Lot of teens don't have that option either. I certainly don't like having to go through another website just to buy GC. That is just too complicated and makes me feel very uncomfortable (reason why I didn't buy the Ultimate Cash card aside from the Pay Pal thing)

I like it way better when all I have to do is buy a card, come here to Gaia and use it... done.

Heya!

Thanks for the questions! As I said, when I get the finalized list of stores, I'll post them for everyone to see biggrin As for the Money Order, you should be able to use the Western Union option in the 'More Options" on the payment page. If you click the "More Options" button it should open a page with various other payment options, one of which is 'Money Order". Let me know if this isn't displaying for you! biggrin

Wanted to update you. I was not able to get anything for GaiaCash purchases today. So I have to wait til next Friday (if weather permits since we seem to have another storm heading our way for middle of next week... it's Saturday as I type this)

GameStop had three Gaia cards. However, none of them would activate. Apparently you guys deactivated that ability at some point during the week or something leaving a lot of people without a way to buy any.
    They did have some Ultimate Game cards, but I am just not willing to go to some website (meaning that I have to make an account and another password to remember. Come on guys!) and activate it before I can use it.

So I went to see about the Western Union thing at Stop and Shop where I shop at and got one of those forms they got (since I am unable to see and read the sample Gaia has because I cannot read fine print). Like I said. It is NOT a Money Order. It's a service where we wire money electronically. Apparently I need the code city and an account number? It does not even look like your sample thing Gaia provides. It's all very confusing.
    (sigh)
    Do you see what I mean about complications?
    I do not know how long it will be before we can get those new cards you are talking about. But can I please have the town code? I do not know where to find that info on my own on this site or anywhere else. I have never wired money before.

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
    • Clambake 200
    • Bunny Hunter 100
    • Sausage Fest 200
    -RainbowFizzyPops-
    I think is is a very stupid thing to do. Some people have no way of getting cash via online, and rely on being able to buy them in the store. I am one of them. And I'm not going to go out of my way to get a paypal or a stupid credit card just to get gaia cash. I'll just live without it.

Did you even read the posts? I mean ALL the posts? The ones about the cards being removed and the list where the cards are still going to be and WHY they are being removed? Cause it wasn't Gaia's decision to pull them. It was the retailers decision. They are the ones who said they didn't want to carry them anymore. Two doors closed but there are still 30 more wide open. So no business will be lost. The only people who will lose out are the people NOT carrying the cards.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff