Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Muffinnz
I heard about PayNearMe from pokefarm, that might be a new way for noncredit card owners to get GCash without giving out information.

How does that work? Go to a game store, pay up front at a game shop (we don't have one of those), where they enter your user and pass (and gain access themselves), and give you funds from your payment? No thanks.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Nyan Poptarts
To be honest, I want to keep the cards at Walgreen and CVS. As long as its there, i'm good.
CVS is where I've been buying them, since Target doesn't sell them anymore.

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Muffinnz
I heard about PayNearMe from pokefarm, that might be a new way for noncredit card owners to get GCash without giving out information.

Oh, wait... it's a 7/11 Addon. We actually can use that! But it's still a drive away crying

Shadowy Saint

Queen Qcoeurleene
Muffinnz

How does that work? Go to a game store, pay up front at a game shop (we don't have one of those), where they enter your user and pass (and gain access themselves), and give you funds from your payment? No thanks.
No, you get a barcode that stands for you, you make an order with the site you want to pay and you then go into a 7-11 store and pay them cash. They wring your barcode, the site knows instantly that you paid, chaching, GCash. I don't know all that much about it, but no one gets your information.

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Minime-sama
I had an idea of how you can get gaia cash to users who can't buy them in stores. What about a small gaia cash reward for beta testers? Gaians who test out new games and reach a certain point in that game during a certain time period?

I.E. Such as getting 1gc per 1k points scored.

That's just one example, or what about as prizes for top contenders in specialized events for those who can't even run the games.

Exactly what is there to test?

Dangerous Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Nymph of Spring
Would be nice to be able to pay with a debit card, as apposed to credit cards.. sweatdrop

You can. I have a Visa check card for both my bank accounts. It works the same as a credit card.

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Muffinnz
Queen Qcoeurleene
Muffinnz

No, you get a barcode that stands for you, you make an order with the site you want to pay and you then go into a 7-11 store and pay them cash. They wring your barcode, the site knows instantly that you paid, chaching, GCash. I don't know all that much about it, but no one gets your information.

The barcode is not on you, right? There's a conspiracy theory against christians on that

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Cupcake Baking Princess
Alternatively, if your favorite store stops carrying the cards and you don't want to/can't use your credit/bank card online you can always buy a reload-able visa card to purchase cash with online.

It requires a social security number. I don't have mine.

Friendly Conversationalist

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
Queen Qcoeurleene
Minime-sama
I had an idea of how you can get gaia cash to users who can't buy them in stores. What about a small gaia cash reward for beta testers? Gaians who test out new games and reach a certain point in that game during a certain time period?

That's just one example, or what about as prizes for top contenders in specialized events for those who can't even run the games.

Chaos of Heralds was set out in Beta... ZOMG was set out as a beta test for at least a week when it first came out.

Basically, users look for bugs, tell gaia. Just like any game tester.

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Minime-sama
Queen Qcoeurleene
Minime-sama

Chaos of Heralds was set out in Beta... ZOMG was set out as a beta test for at least a week when it first came out.

I can't make it to the beta

I just got the odd timid achievement... whatever that is.

Friendly Conversationalist

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
Queen Qcoeurleene
Minime-sama
Queen Qcoeurleene
Minime-sama

I can't make it to the beta

I just got the odd timid achievement... whatever that is.

Hence my 2nd suggestion. I can't always run betas myself.

Witty Punching Bag

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
not like i buy cash cards because im completely poor but like, idk not everyone can use pay pal or things like that ? ?? ?
eh, it doesnt really effect me so i dont really have anything to say on the matter. as long as they wouldnt leave stores like 7/11 or cvs or whatever is near me id be fine if i still wanted to get one

Shadowy Saint

Queen Qcoeurleene
Muffinnz
Queen Qcoeurleene
Muffinnz

The barcode is not on you, right? There's a conspiracy theory against christians on that
No, its on a card.

I angelkisses I's Other Half

Calelith

As long as Target and Wal-mart sell them, I'll be happy.

If not, how the hell am I to get GC?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Yeah, I get all my cash from Walmart
crying This is so lame. Is it because Gaia doesn't want to pay for the cards anymore? I mean, compared to when Gaia used to be completely non-profit, yet now they get tons of money through GCash, I don't see why they can't pay to have their cash cards in stores AND make these new payment methods available as well. And about those Avatar cards, they better be free or else I know for sure it's because they don't want to pay for the plastic and pay the stores to carry them.

This is really sad, I'm depressed now =(

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces