Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Sweetheart

I don't like buying online too much. It's a pain and I'm barely able to anyway. It's much easier to go out yourself and get a card and it's more safer to do it that way as well.

At the moment, GameStop is the only place around where I live that still sells Cash Cards, and if they aren't going to continue selling them there anymore soon, then I'm out of luck. I used to get them at Wal-Mart but they stopped selling there.

Iycoris's Stud

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yeah nah...you guys just wanna save a couple hundred bucks for shipping and lack of sales.

So long as wal-mart or 7-11 still carries them I don't care what you guys do

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I realize that you want us to buy those reloadable cards but Gaia is reputed to be a 13+ site. There's going to be plenty of users that are currently buying cash cards with their allowances and don't have access to things like credit cards or paypal. I'm lacking the foresight necessary to appreciate the virtues of inhibiting users from being able to purchase their Gaia cash.

Invisible Buddy

I'm starting to feel like most of the people raging on here didn't actually read Sisky's entire post x:
The Ultimate Game Card guys. TheOpenBox has been going out of their way to recommend it (it was also mentioned in the OP), It's this red card that's available in many stores: Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, GameStop, etc. Frankly when I've ventured out in search of a Gaia Cash Card I've only been able to find that. You just have to look c: It's not that difficult to use either...
And soon enough there should be a list of the stores still carrying the actual Cash Cards.
So just sit back and take a chill pill guys, it's just pixels.

Unsealed Miko

36,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
siskataya
kerrowe
Whenever you have your list of stores made will you announce it again in another dev alert?

Sure, if that would be good for the community! biggrin
It should be, either as a dev alert or an announcement.
I know I'd appreciate it. 3nodding
Tamea Goldenrod
Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk

I've seen them at Walmart and 7-11. :3 They're getting harder to find, though. :U

Iycoris's Stud

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Zelirium
Can we have a list of stores that they'll still be sold in?

Iycoris's Stud

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sachie Whitby
I realize that you want us to buy those reloadable cards but Gaia is reputed to be a 13+ site. There's going to be plenty of users that are currently buying cash cards with their allowances and don't have access to things like credit cards or paypal. I'm lacking the foresight necessary to appreciate the virtues of inhibiting users from being able to purchase their Gaia cash.

Benevolent Healer

28,925 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Healer 50
Hope Target, Shoppers and 7-11 will have them here in Canada. Funny that I asked for 50 bucks of cash for christmas, seeing the Ultimate game cards will be weird this year.

iSexy_Kitten's Fangirl

Spooky Delight

I read the post and I have a issue with paying to reload a card. We already pay anywhere from 10 to 100 dollars per card I refuse to pay another fee.

I purchase GC alot and now can not find it at my local Rite Aid which is literally a mile from my house. The next place would be 7-11 and they never have it. Walmart is a 45 min drive from me and I refuse to drive that far for GC.

I understand things must change but seriously it just seems like it's one thing after the next. I love Gaia but if I can not get the GC within a reasonable distance of my house forget it. I already had a issue using my card online (NOT GAIA RELATED) and I refuse to do so again.

Good luck!

Adorable Scamp

16,475 Points
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Alien Invasion 50
cvs is the only place I've been able to find gaia cash cards. Wal-mart has never carried them but once, and I don't have a local Target.

If the cards are taken out of cvs I would be upset, but I suppose getting a reloadable card would be a good option for me since I can't use paypal or credit cards to get cash. Then I could keep a card with a cute design on it. :3
Tamea Goldenrod
Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk
for a while I could get the cards at Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart but I haven't seen them in a year or so

Iycoris's Stud

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
well I hope you guys post a definitive list of what is staying and push your "partners" to make sure their crap is in places you do not cover. This feels like you guys are trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm just paranoid this is some PR whitewash and those stores don't want to carry Gaia Cash Cards any more (lack of sales?)

Cash cards don't exist in my country (except maybe UltimateGame) so they change doesn't bother me unless it's some kind of mini apocalypse for Gaia...

Fluffy Glitch

Calelith

As long as Target and Wal-mart sell them, I'll be happy.

If not, how the hell am I to get GC?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."
Ditto to this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out