Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Kez Mani

What about Gamestop and Rite-aid?

This is what I wanna know.

The Game Stop I go to is right across the parking lot from the Stop and Shop I go to for groceries every week. It's easy and convenient for me since I don't get out much (especially with arthritic knees and an injured foot). I doubt if the Cumberland farms across the street from where I live will ever carry any of these things.

@ thread topic:

I also wanna know if Money Order option will be returned for those of us who won't have access to any cards anywhere.
Also, I do not like the idea of having to use Pay Pal even just to buy the reloadable cards. Lot of teens don't have that option either. I certainly don't like having to go through another website just to buy GC. That is just too complicated and makes me feel very uncomfortable (reason why I didn't buy the Ultimate Cash card aside from the Pay Pal thing)

I like it way better when all I have to do is buy a card, come here to Gaia and use it... done.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Pinko Sacredheart
Wal Mart hardly ever has the cards, I don't even think they sell them. I see them at Target though- they better stay in Target D:< I don't have a credit card nor paypal and I refuse to get one just to make it faster for you greedy people to get your damn money.

That is totally cool. You should always do what works best for you 3nodding
Pinko Sacredheart
Wal Mart hardly ever has the cards, I don't even think they sell them. I see them at Target though- they better stay in Target D:< I don't have a credit card nor paypal and I refuse to get one just to make it faster for you greedy people to get your damn money.

If they do, you should try Ultimate Game Cards, if you want a physical version instead of online. ^^
please keep gc cards at walmart target cvs or 7-11.

I was planning on getting $200 worth of gc cards for christmas. i only trust gc cards. i dont trust any other payment method
Raya Kioma
TheOpenBox
Raya Kioma
TheOpenBox
Raya Kioma
I like the security of being able to buy the cards in real life. I'd rather not be paying fees for paypal/using my debit or dealing with credit cards. :/
I certainly hope SOME stores will continue to carry them, if not I won't be buying cash from now on.

Have you ever tried using Ultimate Game Cards?

I haven't seen those in my area.
Then again I haven't been looking for them...

Just look for them next time you go to the retail store you use. They are usually near the front of the stores or near where the Gaia cash cards are. I hope you find them. heart

Ah, rad!
Thanks for the tip.

Like I said, I feel much safer purchasing a physical card than using online transactions so this is a good thing..

You're welcome. I know how you feel about it. 3nodding
siskataya
Hey everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to talk to you all about Gaia Cash cards, and the fact that soon, they will no longer be available in many retail stores. I posted about this issue before in GCD, and have been intending to make a thread about this too, and now seems like a good time to do so!

As I noted before, we are making changes to our cash cards. Indeed, as they say, all good things must come to an end - rather, they must adapt with the times. Many of you may notice that your local retail shops will stop carrying our Gaia-designed cash cards. This is not for any nefarious reasons - we simply want to try new things regarding payment methods.

Now, I understand that some of you might be upset by this but not to panic! We wouldn't leave you hanging without some options on how you can stock up on your Gaia cash. You can still use the very popular options of PayPal or credit card, mobile phone payments, or even Ultimate Game Card to get your Gcash! If you like cute designs on your card, you can get an Avatar card and load it with cash! We're also looking into making some NPC/Gaia art avatar cards that you can collect - fun!

Finally, we're working on lots of new ways to bring you Gaia-cash by talking to some fabulous new virtual currency partners, including some card companies. For those of you who are worried about using credit cards, PayPal, etc. please know that one of the partners we are looking into joining with will offer cards that you can re-charge in stores where they are offered. This means that you won't have to enter any additional payment information/methods online to get the Gaia cash - you'll just have to pay to reload the card in the store and then redeem the card's PIN on Gaia. At any rate, we'll keep you posted!

Like I said, not to panic everyone - it will all be good, and we think you'll really enjoy the availability and versatility of the new payment methods we are working on setting up. Of course, we'll let you know as these become available!

If you have any suggestions for payment methods you'd like to see on Gaia, or payment partnerships you'd like us to consider, we'd LOVE to hear your suggestions.

Be well everyone ^^
Sisky

Well. I`ve noticed how in the Question`s & Assistance Forum, Some users, including my self, and some of my friends, Answer people`s Questions and what not. So, I was thinking, Maybe users could be paid for doing this? Not a whole bunch. Just a little. So they could slowly accumulate Gaia Cash. At a rate of maybe 1, 2, 5 or 10, Possibly? Another possible way of giving out gaia cash is through the Quest system. Maybe that could be brought back, and implemented into giving Gaia Cash too? Not a whole bunch of Cash, but at least, A little. Another Idea I have would be...If User`s are Quote: "Good" Maybe they should be rewarded for it? Like, at the end of every year, Any & All Users that have had NO reports what so ever, could get a little bit of Gaia cash. A small, but, Reqarding amount. Like. 50? 75? 100, Possibly? This would most likely cut down the reports, as it would be an incentive to abide by the TOS. Though, The End of every year, should Correspond with their Join Date. The First & Third Idea`s could bring more Jobs Possibly, Might I add. Well. Those were the only one`s I could think of off the top of my head. If I think of anymore, I`ll be sure to post them too. ^^

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Zelirium
Wolves_Witches_and_Love
Zelirium
Can we have a list of stores that they'll still be sold in?

I like this idea. However I'm thinking that they are going to pull them and that Canada will be left with out any love. Just like always. crying
Ah yeah, I live in Alaska, and we only have them sold at wal-mart.

I've been to Alaska. Gorgeous place. But yeah I feel yeah. I totally understand.

Versatile Fashionista

TheOpenBox
Kimiko Doll
TheOpenBox
Kimiko Doll
will walmart have it? O___O
if u stop putting cards in walmart then i'm done getting gc then. whenever i do get gc that is the only place i get gc from.

If they do, you could buy Ultimate Game Cards from walmart and you'll be fine. ^^

gonk

You going to be okay? D:

nope gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk

Durem Cleric

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Survivor 150
This is my honest opinion, but perhaps you should have POLLED your user on weather or not they thought this was a good idea before you remove the cards from stores. From what I've read from others posts, many do not like this idea, nor think it's a good one. There are people who highly rely on the cards as their method to purchase cash and be removing that option, you will likely end up losing a lot more than you'll gain from it.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Nyadriel
Kez Mani

What about Gamestop and Rite-aid?

This is what I wanna know.

The Game Stop I go to is right across the parking lot from the Stop and Shop I go to for groceries every week. It's easy and convenient for me since I don't get out much (especially with arthritic knees and an injured foot). I doubt if the Cumberland farms across the street from where I live will ever carry any of these things.

@ thread topic:

I also wanna know if Money Order option will be returned for those of us who won't have access to any cards anywhere.
Also, I do not like the idea of having to use Pay Pal even just to buy the reloadable cards. Lot of teens don't have that option either. I certainly don't like having to go through another website just to buy GC. That is just too complicated and makes me feel very uncomfortable (reason why I didn't buy the Ultimate Cash card aside from the Pay Pal thing)

I like it way better when all I have to do is buy a card, come here to Gaia and use it... done.

Heya!

Thanks for the questions! As I said, when I get the finalized list of stores, I'll post them for everyone to see biggrin As for the Money Order, you should be able to use the Western Union option in the 'More Options" on the payment page. If you click the "More Options" button it should open a page with various other payment options, one of which is 'Money Order". Let me know if this isn't displaying for you! biggrin
Kimiko Doll

Everything will be fine, don't worry. 3nodding

Undead Survivor

16,440 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 20 Wins 100
Stupid Gaia.

Your Cash Cards and the Ultimate thing is not available in my area, even at Wal-Mart. So congratulations. You'll lose people who live in areas like mine without access to debit/credit cards.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Rune Shine
This is my honest opinion, but perhaps you should have POLLED your user on weather or not they thought this was a good idea before you remove the cards from stores. From what I've read from others posts, many do not like this idea, nor think it's a good one. There are people who highly rely on the cards as their method to purchase cash and be removing that option, you will likely end up losing a lot more than you'll gain from it.

Thank you for your feedback - I appreciate it! As I said, and hopefully people heard, there will still be card-type options in a variety of stores. Just not the Gaia-designed cash cards. People will still be able to get Gaia cash without having to purchase it online using PayPal, credit card, etc.

Hope this helps! biggrin

Versatile Fashionista

TheOpenBox
Kimiko Doll

Everything will be fine, don't worry. 3nodding

no it's not!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_facepalm
emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey all!

I have to go to a meeting here, but I'll be back as soon as I am able. Just wanted you to know so you didn't think I was abandoning the thread biggrin

Be well ^^
Sisky

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas