Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to talk to you all about Gaia Cash cards, and the fact that soon, they will no longer be available in many retail stores. I posted about this issue before in GCD, and have been intending to make a thread about this too, and now seems like a good time to do so!

As I noted before, we are making changes to our cash cards. Indeed, as they say, all good things must come to an end - rather, they must adapt with the times. Many of you may notice that your local retail shops will stop carrying our Gaia-designed cash cards. This is not for any nefarious reasons - we simply want to try new things regarding payment methods.

Now, I understand that some of you might be upset by this but not to panic! We wouldn't leave you hanging without some options on how you can stock up on your Gaia cash. You can still use the very popular options of PayPal or credit card, mobile phone payments, or even Ultimate Game Card to get your Gcash! If you like cute designs on your card, you can get an Avatar card and load it with cash! We're also looking into making some NPC/Gaia art avatar cards that you can collect - fun!

Finally, we're working on lots of new ways to bring you Gaia-cash by talking to some fabulous new virtual currency partners, including some card companies. For those of you who are worried about using credit cards, PayPal, etc. please know that one of the partners we are looking into joining with will offer cards that you can re-charge in stores where they are offered. This means that you won't have to enter any additional payment information/methods online to get the Gaia cash - you'll just have to pay to reload the card in the store and then redeem the card's PIN on Gaia. At any rate, we'll keep you posted!

Like I said, not to panic everyone - it will all be good, and we think you'll really enjoy the availability and versatility of the new payment methods we are working on setting up. Of course, we'll let you know as these become available!

If you have any suggestions for payment methods you'd like to see on Gaia, or payment partnerships you'd like us to consider, we'd LOVE to hear your suggestions.

Be well everyone ^^
Sisky

Note:
*For those of you who cannot or do not want to use PayPal, credit card, or any other online payment method that requires you to enter card numbers online, you can currently buy Ultimate Game Cards in stores and use that for Gaia cash. As I also mentioned, we're working on partnering with another virtual currency company who also provides in-store cards that you can pay for in-store and use to get Gaia cash. Once we finalize details of that partnership, we'll let you know which company it is and where you can get the cards!

* Once we have the names of all the stores where you'll be able to get cards, we'll post that list in here too! We're still finalizing some of the details, so posting a list now would be incomplete or possibly incorrect.

* The reason I went ahead and made this thread was to give you all a heads up this was coming up. I made a post to this effect in a thread earlier on, and people asked me to make a more prominent post so the whole community was aware of the issue. Just wanted to give you a heads up on this so you were all in the know. Once I have more details about stores, partnerships, etc. I'll be sure to post that information in this thread 3nodding

UPDATED INFO:
I've updated this thread with a post that contains the latest information I have on this topic. You can read it here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/fyi-gaia-cash-cards-will-not-be-sold-in-certain-stores/t.83049309_456/#456

Witty Conversationalist

9,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
But why?! Please tell me CVS and Target will still carry them?!

Loyal Phantom

11,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Are you guys EVER going to make these cards available in Canaduh? Or will I have to keep using a credit card to buy my cash? Or do I live in the wrong part of Canaduh-land maybe?

gonk

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I like the fact that I can buy it safely in real life ='c

Online banking isn't doing it for me.
Is it because of the re-loadable ones?
or just not enough demand?

Original Sex Symbol

PLEASE tell me that Wal- Mart will still carry them! The rest of the stores are quite a bit of a drive for me... D:

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

As long as Target and Wal-mart sell them, I'll be happy.

If not, how the hell am I to get GC?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Blessed Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
NO !!!! X3

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
Have you looked into Karma Koins?

edit: Whoops. As of now, I guess they only work with Nexon. I thought they were just partnering with Nexon as well as others.

Shy Shapeshifter

10,275 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
who will still be having them?

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
That. It'd be nice if we had a list of what stores will or won't carry them anymore.
When I do get them it tends to be at target or.. i think it was 711?

Distinct Phantom

I don't buy them, but I think that's foolish. Less people will be purchasing your merchandise because of it. I know I wouldn't buy anything like an online site's cash with my credit card or something.

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Walmart HAS to carry a cash card. I don't have a 7/11 or Wells Fargo.
Ultimate Game card? Would we be paying the same amount or is it more expensive?

I really don't see why stores should not have Gaia Cash cards. I feel enough people purchase them and would rather prefer that method. Not all of us are comfortable buying online.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

What about Gamestop and Rite-aid?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash