16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Wireless Aids
Merge the CB + GD.
It's the same these days anyways.

Thanks for the idea!

The interesting thing is that both the GD and CB communities have their own users, own sense of, shall we say, forum "style" - basically (although it could be argued that these forums serve the same function for Gaia as a whole) they do not serve the same function for the communities that make the GD and CB their home. For this reason, we don't feel merging them is the right thing to do, so we will work on making adjustments to the GD. Hope this makes sense! biggrin

- Sisky

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
How about getting rid of/moving/merging:

• Adventure time (in the hot topic section), it's freaking been there over a year. Hot topics need to be HOT!!! AKA have only a lifetime of a month, or only in the happenstance of fall/winter/spring/summer TV show main forum 3 months. Thank you for making this forum so that I dont have to see a bunch of individual series forums in the HT for years on end! Please merge future sponsorship tv shows with this forum as well.

• Back to school (hot topic) Most people are back to school by now. Though you could add a school life/days forum to talk about how school is in lifestyle discussion.

• Avatar 3.0 (Q&A) Still relevant?

• Gaia 9 Action News (News and Updates) Still relevant anymore?

• Gaia Insider (News and Updates) What is this even?

• Underused forums in Lifestyle discussion?

• Underused forums in Barton town?

• Backyard monsters (Viximo social games) Its been removed from Gaia/Viximo.

• Underused forums in Minishops?

• Underused forums in Entertainment discussion/AMC/Music/Computers/Sports/Artists Corner?

Feral Sweetheart

20,375 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Champion 300
Ugh, I don't feel like getting into the lengthy discussion I normally would. Just do what you want, Gaia. User Image

Hygienic Genius

Renaming GD to have more lengthy discussions?

Isn't that what the ED is for? Anyone want to elaborate and clarify?

Apocalyptic Abomination

17,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
I want to be able to delete my own forums ._. they sit there not used, taking up space

i have like 15 and just want to keep 2

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I did send you a private message recently about this, but since the tutorial for zOMG! is very confusing and it's expensive right now to make a new tutorial, could the zOMG! forum get a sticky for FAQ for new players? Another game I play called AIKA has a beginner's guide for their players, so thought it would be a great thing to have for the Gaia community. Sometimes people from papa saw area and beyond don't even know what the rage bar does or is. So usually players start zOMG!, they rage quit the game early because they get frustrated and don't know what to do next or when they treat buffs and heals like attacks for shallow seas.

Smooth Kitten

With forum clean up does this means people who have unwanted old threads will be removed also? O:

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Lamour Amelia
Ellili
lets do this. smile

luls
Quote:
Renaming General Discussion and creating a new sub-forum for casual discussion for those GD forum goers who have requested a space to have more lengthy discussion than what is currently offered in the GD main forum.

why dont you merge it with chatter box they are about the same.

No.... No it's not. e - e
I think if they were merged there would be chaos everywhere.
So much hate.....
Flying..... everywhere.
there is hate between them but imo they are both the same. Full of elitists of people who reply on siggys and "regs" to rule out the least common people there. I have yet to go in either of them without people talking down to me. They are both full of spam about regs and s**t like that

Amateur Noob

siskataya
Wireless Aids
Merge the CB + GD.
It's the same these days anyways.

Thanks for the idea!

The interesting thing is that both the GD and CB communities have their own users, own sense of, shall we say, forum "style" - basically (although it could be argued that these forums serve the same function for Gaia as a whole) they do not serve the same function for the communities that make the GD and CB their home. For this reason, we don't feel merging them is the right thing to do, so we will work on making adjustments to the GD. Hope this makes sense! biggrin

- Sisky
Thank you very much for taking that into consideration. I think most of us CBers just think the GD is more full of junk than us, and the junk doesn't belong there. You'd have a riot on your hands if you ever combined the two XD

Tipsy Lunatic

Existential Existence
How about a new GCD subforum where we can post spamish topics with other people about the Gaia world. A place where we can talk about the Gaiaverse without requiring lengthy discussions, and just post short topics like "Would Rina look better as a blonde?" "What would Gino eat on a Tuesday?" etc...and where one word replies like "toast" would be acceptable, because it ain't no discussion, brah.

This idea has a lot of potential.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I suggest eliminating GD entirely. If they wish to have lengthier discussions, there is already a forum for that: Extended Discussion, and the rest of the threads can easily go in the Chatterbox.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Any sentence that involves cleaning up and the GD at the same time is super in my book. heart

Kharras's Princess

Phantom

What about the threads we keep for nostalgia's sake that are years old from events, but have been locked so we can't post in them?

I met my boyfriend back in a thread he made back in 2007 in the Valentines day event. The thread has long since been lost to us, as it was removed a long time ago. I remember the gist of what happened, but I can' t go back and read the posts anymore ... this makes me sad.

I get that things need to be removed and deleted, but at the same time, that's a lot of memories we can't look back on ... it makes me sad. sad

Amateur Noob

Ellili
But there is a huuugggeeee difference. The people that hate CB and prefer to stay in GD put junk that doesn't promote discussion at all into the GD. Us in CB have stuck to the CB and keep our junk where it belongs. Not only that but when I've gone to GD they troll wayyy more and it seems impossible to have a logical discussion with anyone there, despite that being the purpose of their forum.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
REALLY happy about sticky cleanup... that post from 2008 in the Writers Forum should've been gone a long time ago rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff