Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make a Sticky in Site Questions & Assistance f.5
witht a link to FAQ / HELP center.
but first you need to update it
make it more efficient , change the format and make it easy to search, the seach bar is too small.
also give users options on what to search.

By doing that it will cut down the number of repeated threads

Something like this:

User Image

x

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
This sounds like a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing how the changes look. I personally don't have any input; the forums I visit are mostly the roleplaying one and they're just fine in my opinion

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Hey sisky, great job on the spreadsheet. wink I saw some of my ideas in there. 4laugh

Some of the ideas, I kind of want to know what you're planning on doing to them. Like what are you going to rename the GD/PP forums to? Perhaps you may not have decided yet, since you've listed that in other forums like "Ragnarok to MMO". Or how you'll update some of the forums/stickies?

It was a good idea not to include an ETA estimate on the changes. lol

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
rosystarz
Missed not being able to trick or treat in the towns this year cry cheese_whine cheese_whine

I'll double to triple that.... tot in stores, just sucks. Having to wait so long between changing stores with nothing to do (unless you want to spend gold and "go shopping".... it just sucked. Really missed tot in towns. TONS.
celeste heart

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Rock_hard_yo
The CB is a fine and dandy place, but for all purposes, doesn't seem like the best location for the Word Games forum.

Chat is usually discouraged in the Word Games forum, and low-content posts are generally frowned upon. In many of the classic WG games, like Battledome, Dear Diary, or Let's Be Honest, multiple paragraphs are generally expected. The CB is great, but the very nature of the forum, which is fast-paced and light, would have a negative affect on the quality of the games.

Agreed!!!
c. heart

Nine-tailed Fox

Mors Morza
battle lambs
don't get rid of cb, we have nowhere else to go User Image

emotion_awesome Slythor the Executive Producer will stop this!

heart heart
Attention duelists
You are awesome

Bloodthirsty Nymph

56,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
    perhaps alchemy items could just be merged with the game item exchange sub-forum, like how people sell zomg loot and recipes on it? alchemy is listed as a game too, and some of the zomg loot even doubles it's role as a component as well. i just don't think it's necessary to have two different sub-forums for what in some cases is the same thing. it makes more sense to just have one exchange for ALL game items, period. :Ia

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ranawana

That would be great! However, seeing as so many folks who venture to the SQ&A forum never seem to notice the stickies.

Rainbow Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Any chance that at some point the ability to search a specific user's posts for certain words would be implemented? I've run into times when I want to find a post I made months ago about a specific subject and just can't find it.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
dreamsk
Hey sisky, great job on the spreadsheet. wink I saw some of my ideas in there. 4laugh

Some of the ideas, I kind of want to know what you're planning on doing to them. Like what are you going to rename the GD/PP forums to? Perhaps you may not have decided yet, since you've listed that in other forums like "Ragnarok to MMO". Or how you'll update some of the forums/stickies?

The GD is now called... "The GD"! And Picture Post has become "Art: Comment & Critique". As for the forum stickies and rules, we'll be updating the wording to make them easier to understand as well as adding more forum-specific rules. Basically they need refreshing and reformatting biggrin

superjered's Love Of My Life

Fashionable Shopper

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Thankyou for keeping the Lolita Fashion forum biggrin heart

And thankyou also for removing the horrible "hot lolita fashion" thread. I hope that never happens again. Don't want that kind of content on this site, let alone in Lolita Fashion area. Its a pretty style of clothing, not to be spoiled by mean little people posting gross pictures of stuff that's nothing to do with it.

Hallowed Foe

11,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
battle lambs
Mors Morza
battle lambs
don't get rid of cb, we have nowhere else to go User Image

emotion_awesome Slythor the Executive Producer will stop this!

heart heart
Attention duelists
You are awesome

emotion_awesome Thanks <nyeh>

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
siskataya
dreamsk

The GD is now called... "The GD"! And Picture Post has become "Art: Comment & Critique". As for the forum stickies and rules, we'll be updating the wording to make them easier to understand as well as adding more forum-specific rules. Basically they need refreshing and reformatting biggrin
lol What was the point of putting the "the" in front of "GD"? It doesnt seem too big a change to me.

Liberal Wench

15,575 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Contributor 0
I don't know how heavily feedback weighs on this matter, but here I go anyway...

I understand why you moved Word Games out of General Discussion. You're right, it no longer fit the forum's... point, I suppose. That being said, I really, really don't think that Chatterbox is the best place to have moved it. Moving it to the Writer's Forum might make more sense.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I love the renaming of "Questions & Assistance" to "Site Questions & Assistance". Hopefully that will clear up some of the misplaced random-question threads. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff