• Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Call Me Apple
Wireless Aids
Merge the CB + GD.
It's the same these days anyways.

This.

Apprivoise
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads would be amazing too.
Being able to clean up on our own.

I think they cant do that because it will mess up the thread numbering system.
Or some technical shiz. rofl
I don't think it'll mess up the numbering system. Most likely, accessing deleted threads will give you this page:

User Image
FrostyPeaches
O: Don't randomly delete old quest threads.

Or Roleplay threads or Test threads. I know I still use mine (as well as some of my friends we have just been slow lately)
Apprivoise

I agree with this. I just don't want my old threads that I might still be using for whatever reason to be deleted the day before I realize I need them...
Apprivoise

Btw, cute avi

Sparkly Nerd

II Vincent Crow II
Apprivoise

Btw, cute avi

Thanks~ C;

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the continued suggestions! I'm still gathering all your ideas and putting them into a spreadsheet. Once we are done collecting feedback, we'll then go through your ideas and if any of them are feasible, we'll add them to the "to do" list of changes.

Please be aware that we cannot implement all of the suggestions posted in this thread. Don't be upset if we cannot, at least at this moment, make a requested change. This doesn't mean it was a bad idea, or that it will never happen, but just is something that for now, we cannot undertake.

Thanks for the feedback biggrin
Sisky

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the continued suggestions! I'm still gathering all your ideas and putting them into a spreadsheet. Once we are done collecting feedback, we'll then go through your ideas and if any of them are feasible, we'll add them to the "to do" list of changes.

Please be aware that we cannot implement all of the suggestions posted in this thread. Don't be upset if we cannot, at least at this moment, make a requested change. This doesn't mean it was a bad idea, or that it will never happen, but just is something that for now, we cannot undertake.

Sisky

If you don't mind me asking, what are the sorts of suggestions that will be undertaken and what sorts aren't really possible? Or is it simply taken on a case-by-case basis?

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Sisky
I wonder if we would be able to see the spreadsheet? Like make a google document as view only and post the link for us? We always want to know what you guys are up to!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
wonderfinch
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Sisky

If you don't mind me asking, what are the sorts of suggestions that will be undertaken and what sorts aren't really possible? Or is it simply taken on a case-by-case basis?

It is on a case-by-case basis and depends on how feasible it is, right now, to implement the changes. For example, I know a lot of people want to lock/delete their old posts/threads, but that would require a heap of dev work and just isn't feasible right now as teams are working on other major projects. Something like 'Removing Gaia 9 Insider forum" is quick and easy to do. We have been collecting all suggestions though, and will revisit those we cannot implement now and see if they might be possible later on, providing we feel they are in the best interest of the community biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
dreamsk
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Sisky
I wonder if we would be able to see the spreadsheet? Like make a google document as view only and post the link for us? We always want to know what you guys are up to!

Actually, that has been my plan! Basically, once I have the first round of suggestions resolved, I'll be making a graphic to show you (the community) the suggestion, decision on that suggestion, and why the decision was made. This should hopefully give everyone context for why we did or didn't implement a certain suggestion. As forum clean-up will be an ongoing project throughout the year, we can update it as necessary, and revisit suggestions that are not currently feasible and see if they may become feasible later on. ^^

Amorous Firestarter

Loving the spreadsheet idea! heart

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
siskataya
It is on a case-by-case basis and depends on how feasible it is, right now, to implement the changes. For example, I know a lot of people want to lock/delete their old posts/threads, but that would require a heap of dev work and just isn't feasible right now as teams are working on other major projects. Something like 'Removing Gaia 9 Insider forum" is quick and easy to do. We have been collecting all suggestions though, and will revisit those we cannot implement now and see if they might be possible later on, providing we feel they are in the best interest of the community biggrin

Ah, I see, thanks for answering! I look forward to seeing the spreadsheet and I really appreciate the fact that the admins and devs are taking such a personal interest in community input heart

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
siskataya
dreamsk
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Sisky

Actually, that has been my plan! Basically, once I have the first round of suggestions resolved, I'll be making a graphic to show you (the community) the suggestion, decision on that suggestion, and why the decision was made. This should hopefully give everyone context for why we did or didn't implement a certain suggestion. As forum clean-up will be an ongoing project throughout the year, we can update it as necessary, and revisit suggestions that are not currently feasible and see if they may become feasible later on. ^^
Sounds like an awesome plan! mrgreen I look forward to following your progress!

When do you think the first round of changes will happen?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
dreamsk
siskataya
dreamsk
siskataya
Hey everyone!

Sisky

Sounds like an awesome plan! mrgreen I look forward to following your progress!

When do you think the first round of changes will happen?

Well, given that this is a large undertaking, it'll take a while to get the details of the first round in place and let everyone know a final version of what is going to happen. My plan is to start the process in November then chip away at it bit by bit. I'll update the spreadsheet with 'FINISHED" as changes are made. biggrin If it is delayed for a bit (most likely due to holidays), I'll let everyone know.
Hopefully this won't mean losing threads that have been "inactive" by means of not being posted in...I have subscribed to some on different accounts that I use as visual examples for teaching RP, or even because they act as anti-depressants reminding me of before things went to Hell....I know a lot of people feel the same. Gaia used to say they never deleted threads, that was part of the awesomeness of the site- dependability that what you took time to put thought into wouldn't get trashed by someone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff