Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
jun not a cake
Make one _international_ and one j-pop/k-pop forum/separate it. Never know why it has never been done before.

I don't understand the point of this. JPop/KPop seem to fit under the "normal" music forums and I think their needs can be easily addressed by simply creating threads.

Rainbow Unicorn

wonderfinch
jun not a cake
Make one _international_ and one j-pop/k-pop forum/separate it. Never know why it has never been done before.

I don't understand the point of this. JPop/KPop seem to fit under the "normal" music forums and I think their needs can be easily addressed by simply creating threads.
Because the name is 'international' not east-asian music and whenever someone actually makes another thread about i.e russian music it either gets bumped down or ignored. I don't think anyways wants to bump it up over and over just because 457 of the same kpop thread is there.

Eloquent Codger

Don't delete anything in the role play forums.
Lady Davia
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads.

~~Lady Davia~~

Sorry but i do not think this will ever happen not for the fact it cant be done but for the fact that people would use it to delete they old topics that break the rules.There by breaking more rules.Then at the same time just making more work for the mods.

Sparkly Nerd

Then why not give us the option to remove a thread, and it be looked over by a special team of moderators. I mean, I'm going to be honest here, the mods here never seem to do anything. I've messaged plenty with questions and asked for help, and I never hear back... And if mods are here to help, and they can't so much as reply, they aren't doing their jobs, so give them a new one.

How about when we want to remove our old threads, we have to state a reason, and write a small line why. For example. "Inactive, hasn't been posted in since 2009." Or "I made this thread to sell items in the Gaian Marketplace, and they are all sold, and it is now collecting dust." And then THEY can decide whether it be removed. Maybe this would be good to give some of those mods who do nothing but abuse their title, a job they can do.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Apprivois
uglsyidh:0="Apprivoise”]

Still doesn’t need to happen , users don’t need that kind of power. The mods do fine in removing threads and they do do things. They may not of seen your messages , it happens sometimes and they are pretty busy. But they do get stuff done , I’ve had threads i’ve reported moved and questions answered by the mods when I needed help with an issue. They don’t need a new job when they’re doing fine at the one they have now, plus remember they are volunteers.

To anyone else suggesting being able to delete our own threads: It won’t happen, people would abuse it to no end by deleting rule breaking threads. Moreover, it would delete others posts which is unfair to the person who made that post. we should not be able to delete our own posts either in any place other than where we can now( chatterbox ) or the posts of anyone else.

Sparkly Nerd

I don't see how removing posts that say maybe something like "6.6 mil for this randoms item" would be unfair. yes, okay if they are doing the achievement, but other than that, I don't understand why it would be unfair to those who posted.

I think some option to allow our unused threads to be removed would be nice. Whether we have to request it to be removed, or just give us the power. Being able to clear up our "My Topic's" would be nice. :/

Why not just add a condition. "Thread has to be untouched for "x" amount of time" OR SOMETHING. I just hate seeing the clutter....

Professional Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
For anything we think should be deleted should we go to our old posts titles and change them to "DELETE"?

Sparkly Nerd

leorabbit247
For anything we think should be deleted should we go to our old posts titles and change them to "DELETE"?

Yeah. Something like that!
Maybe Gaia can have one day a month, so go through and delete all topics titled "Delete".
Like the last Friday of a month, to remove threads!
Or anything. That would be amazing. DX

Professional Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Thanks. Man, can you imagine tho sitting in an office and just going through forums and deleting them? @__@ Must be hard for them.

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
The forum of "Gaia News and update" needs updating. The old admins who made the threads are no longer working for the site, and because its a "new and update" forum, it needs regular updating threads for us users. Even though users are posting in the threads, there's nothing new about it. With the old threads, I suggest you lock it and make new ones updating us users. Even if it's still locked we could still view the old threads.
The Young Rapid
The regulars of Metal Forum would like there to be an official Punk subforum.
DEATH TO FALSE GRIND
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Apprivoise
I don't see how removing posts that say maybe something like "6.6 mil for this randoms item" would be unfair. yes, okay if they are doing the achievement, but other than that, I don't understand why it would be unfair to those who posted.

I think some option to allow our unused threads to be removed would be nice. Whether we have to request it to be removed, or just give us the power. Being able to clear up our "My Topic's" would be nice. :/

Why not just add a condition. "Thread has to be untouched for "x" amount of time" OR SOMETHING. I just hate seeing the clutter....

Because if others posted you’re deleting something that’s not yours . And The mods already do a good job of getting rid of the threads that don’t need to be there. Not to mention again letting people delete threads would be abused. Now , if its in the my topics I could agree to deleting it so you can’t see it on my topics but the thread itself remains where it is .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff