Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Bookworm

Hazelaar
I have wanted the type of forum you're describing so many times.

Considering how may times I've seen discussions and threads about what's going on in the Marketplace pop up in other forums (where they don't really fit), I think a revamped Marketplace Discussion forum could make for an interesting and lively place. 3nodding

I'm not even sure where these forums get put in the end when they DO get reported as misplaced. The more I think about it, the more it turns into a weird shadowy grey area. eek
It certainly would be good for bringing the economics portion of the community together since I think this particular hobby on Gaia is considered to be so individual/self-serving most wouldn't see that it has a community like any other forum on here. 3nodding
Thanks for the tip! heart

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Indexes
Well I was just talking with one of my friends and he made the good point that Exchanging guilds at this point in time are a lot more about competition with each other/greed than even talking about important things. Which is pretty true actually. If someone newer to the hobby joined one of the longer running guilds, I honestly don't think they would get that much help outside of learning to exchange/vend in general- which is a shame since I find lack of knowledge really harms the Exchange at times due to an influx of people who think they KNOW what they're doing, but in reality do not. confused
I'm glad there are people here who think it's a good idea though! heart

Yeah, there is always a competitive element to Exchange guilds and most just aren't geared towards helping newer members. Even if there was a forum, it would be easier for newbies to get information- as many exchange guilds very jealously guard their guides. But it would benefit everyone if more new exchangers had access to accurate information or could participate in discussion ^^

Aged Gaian

hmm interesting

Beloved Citizen

Thank everything no changes to the CB
..wait, what I am doing here?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hello everyone!

Just checking in

I hope you have had a great day! Thanks for the continued feedback. I've been compiling all the suggestions into a spreadsheet, and am keeping track of the requests. Obviously, we probably won't be able to make all of them, at least in this first round of cleaning, but it's great to know what ideas are out there. Once I get a few more suggestions and we've had a chance to review them, we'll add the accepted proposals/suggestions to the main "to do" list.

Take care and keep the feedback coming 3nodding
Sisky

Shirtless Seeker

Dapper Lunatic

While you guys are updating forum rules I would ask that you add "Let's play and video topics" to the list of things that fall under low content in the Gaming Discussion forum's guidelines. There have been a number of topics in the Gaming discussion forum about people advertising their youtube channels and video streams, neither of which are discussion of games but are more focused on gaining traffic.
siskataya
Hello everyone!

Sisky
I would like to ask u is there any chance that once u know what u are going to add to the main list from this topic that u can make something on gaia to let us know what made it to the main list and what ideas u think(gaia) can be done.
I am in full support of a punk subforum within the music subforum. Although it will likely be at the receiving end of some misplaced threads, punk rock has a very active fanbase on Gaia, and I think people will really rally behind a new subforum for a broad, active, and important genre. It will not take long before a knowledgeable and operative core group forms and maintains the subforum. Likewise, I think a punk forum would really help out with some of the misplaced threads in the metal forum, since many users instantly associate any type of aggressive music with metal.

So yeah, punk forum. Let's make it happen.

Dapper Dabbler

Tohchiru
Is there any way you can put actual health problems from life issues under a subforum in Lifestyle discussion? As a subforum called Medical Issues? so that way it would be a little cleaner in Life Issues? Health is a life issue, yes, but at the same time health is a medical issue and it would make more sense too. A lot of us aren't doctors in Life Issues and usually say "consult a doctor" because we can't really give them the right answers to their problems. Life Issues are more about dealing with emotional issues like family problems, bullying, helping those with suicidal thoughts, dealing with the loss of loved ones, and of course relationship issues. It's more of an emotional forum than a medical forum. It would be a lot of help.

Other than that, I see no real problems and like the ideas so far in the clean up.

This.
I was excited when the Health & Fitness forum came out because I felt that there was finally an area for "health" related questions to go. But the even when I had a health-related question, I felt weird to put it there.

Is it possible to be a subforum of two areas? A "Medical Issues" thread would be good, or just one or separate "Physical & Mental Health" forums. Otherwise if you could just add a note to the health & fitness forum in the sticky to state something like "Physical & mental health related issues are allowed here, but can also be posted in the Life Issues forum as deemed necessary" (while of course reminding everyone that we are not doctors and for immediate care call 911 and such).

My other thought so far comes from a personal problem I had.

I was looking to get help with a theme for a fundraising event. I wanted ideas, not a discussion, so GD was out. It wasn't a life issue, so no go there. I eventually settled for the writer's forum but still had it reported and moved to CB, where it was easily overlooked as I had expected. Is there any way to make like an... Idea Box forum? Or Maybe consider changing "Life Issues" to "Advice Arena" (sorry, I like alliteration razz )? I don't want this to be confused with a homework help forum, [[although I feel a school/homework thread would be nice and helpful and don't know why it breaks TOS as it stands now... (people ask on Y! answers all the time, why not just allow people to get help here?)]] but I know some times there are just things people who want suggestions or help with something they are working on, but it doesn't really seem fit anywhere else. (Another example: I've also wanted to ask about what to do for birthday gifts/dates and don't feel comfortable going to the GD and getting harassed and don't feel it constitutes as a life issue). It could go under the Arist's Corner or just be under LD where it is now. I feel like just renaming the forum to something a teensy bit more broad could be helpful to some users.

Another idea I have seen suggested but not implemented previously-- a "mature" or "16/18+ forum" for more 'mature' discussion... maybe could be part of GD? Maybe LD?

For kicks-- a "Girls Only" thread and a "Guys Only" thread?

TLDR; Ideas:
**Yes, add a Medical/Physical/Mental health thread, separately or combined, either to H&F or LD.
**Rename Life Issues to Life Advice / Advice Arena / Life Help / some variation of it to allow people to ask questions about something going in their lives, but not necessarily an "issue" or something needing "advice" on or add some sort of "Quick Ideas"/ "Idea Center" thread to Artist Corner/GD
**Education/School thread?
**Mature Discussion thread for more serious questions/discussion or for those looking for more mature answers
**Older Folk/ Discussion thread? (subforum of LD or GD?)
**Guys/Gals Only threads just for fun?
**LGBTQ-(Friendly?) thread under LD? for sharing advice and personal stories, asking others questions, discussing latest LGBTQ news, etc
**Primetime TV Talk (could be a broad name for some smaller subforums)
**Contests and/or Surveys/Quizzes subforum for CB (for user-ran contests & the like)
**Consider interrelating "Sports" forum with H&F?
**PLEASE use the IN THE QUEUE forum for bugs! And list separate places of contact for more info in regards to known bugs? (to repeat posts?)

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
dizziedobsession

Another idea I have seen suggested but not implemented previously-- a "mature" or "16/18+ forum" for more 'mature' discussion... maybe could be part of GD? Maybe LD?

TLDR; Ideas:
**Yes, add a Medical/Physical/Mental health thread, separately or combined, either to H&F or LD.
**Rename Life Issues to Life Advice / Advice Arena / Life Help / some variation of it to allow people to ask questions about something going in their lives, but not necessarily an "issue" or something needing "advice" on
**Mature/Older Folk/ Discussion thread? (subforum of LD or GD?)
**Guys/Gals Only threads just for fun?
**LGBTQ-(Friendly?) thread under LD? for sharing advice, asking others questions, discussing latest LGBTQ news, etc
**Primetime TV Talk (could be a broad name for some smaller subforums)
**Contests subforum for CB
**Consider interrelating "Sports" forum with H&F?
**PLEASE use the IN THE QUEUE forum for bugs! And list separate places of contact for more info in regards to known bugs? (to repeat posts?)

-Life Issues is fine the way it is. No need to change it.
-It would be impossible to ensure only older" or "mature" (that's subjective anyway) users communicated. It would be a open target for trollers to harass the "older" users and ask them things such as "Why are you still here? Don't you have children to take care of?" etc.
-Wow, no. Even more trolling and make easy targets to those who want to cyber or make fun of.
-No need for special treatment or threads. Why put it out there that they need their own thread? They are perfectly capable of finding support through Life Issues. You'll always get trolls who make mules to harass them as well.

Also, we already have a contest forum. No need to make it seem Chatterbox regulars are special by making it only for them.

Dangerous Visionary

As long as the Comic discussion forum is left alone I have no complaints. 3nodding

Yamatra's Wife

Eternal Bookworm

21,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
Apprivoise
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads would be amazing too.
Being able to clean up on our own.
Original Characters Draw them please? I tip! Pm me ^_^

I agree with this idea a lot. 3nodding

~~Lady Davia~~

You choose which one(s), there are 13/45 with bios now, lol.

Rainbow Unicorn

Make one _international_ and one j-pop/k-pop forum/separate it. Never know why it has never been done before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff