Questionable Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Might I suggest renaming Chatterbox to "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here."

Or just "A Buncha Douchebags."

Full disclosure: I am a proud member of the CB "community."
If the Sponsored Offers forum is closed down, will there be any place for us to simply vent about things we find aggravating with sponsored offers? I understand that a FAQ/support-based approach will cover information flow between individuals and Gaia, but I don't want the interplay/discussion across individuals to be lost. Maybe no one else gives a s**t and I'm not making a lick of sense.

Tipsy Tipper

The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues
I believe there should be a Punk subforum in the music section. There are enough variations/sub genres/whatever and enough history in the genre to warrant creating one.

It would help keep some clutter out of the main music forum.
On top of that, there are threads about punk bands pretty often in the metal forum. When informed that because it's not metal it goes in the main music forum, the general response is "well this was the closest thing there isn't a punk sub-forum"

I honestly think there would be enough traffic and discussion to warrant creating one. I hope you guys take the request into consideration, at least.

Dapper Noob

DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues
I believe there should be a Punk subforum in the music section. There are enough variations/sub genres/whatever and enough history in the genre to warrant creating one.

On top of that, there are threads about punk bands pretty often in the metal forum. When informed that because it's not metal it goes in the main music forum, the general response is "well this was the closest thing there isn't a punk sub-forum"

I honestly think there would be enough traffic and discussion to warrant creating one. I hope you guys take the request into consideration, at least.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scorpio Twins
Ratttking
Dr.Ruthless
siskataya
Fall Forum Clean-Up

Hello everyone,

October is already here, and Fall is definitely in the air! It's a time for colorful leaves, big squishy sweaters, hot chocolate, and... Fall Cleaning!

We've heard from a LOT of our members over this past year, and one of the most common suggestions is that you'd like us to clean up the forums a bit. Many of you have told us that you feel the forums often feel cluttered - that it can be overwhelming for both new and old users alike to try and navigate through the maze of forums to find a discussion you want. Some of you also expressed that some of the forums have little activity, and that posts there could be made in other locations which are more active. You've also suggested renaming some forums, and merging other forums. After hearing your feedback, we think you are right, and it's time for an overhaul!

So, starting in a few weeks, we'll be doing a Fall Forum Clean-Up. This project will include removing underused or inactive forums, combining forums with common interests into one location, perhaps relocating some forums to new sections of the site, possibly renaming some forums to better reflect the community that inhabits that forum, creating new forums that people have requested - all sorts of things!

Below is our current list of changes that will most likely be coming down the clean-up pipe. This list may grow, but for now, these are the changes we plan to implement. We wanted to give you all a heads up before making the changes so that you were informed ahead of time this was coming, had time to process the changes, and to provide your feedback.

• Renaming Picture Post and shadowing Art Freebies, Art Shops, Art Auctions, and Art Contests as sub-forums of Picture Post. Note: This does NOT mean they are moving from Mini-Shops to Picture Post, but that these will also be accessible as sub-forums in the Picture Post forum.
  • Rename the Ragnarok forum to MMO and change rules to allow discussion of all non-Gaia MMOs in the forum.
  • Closing down TV Anime and Anime/Series/Movies forums and allow all anime discussion in the main forum.
  • Removing underused sub-forums from all main forum listings. (e.g. some of the underused sub-forums in Health and Fitness)
  • Merging various forums which are so similar that having more than one forum for discussion is not ideal (e.g. Merging Gaia Towns and Gaia Homes forums)
  • Making Avatar Talk a top level forum and combining the individual Arenas Forums into one general Arenas Talk forum.
  • Closing down the Spring Cleaning forum and moving any highly-active threads to a new home, most likely the Petitions forum. We want to keep these active threads as they contain awesome user suggestions, and we'd still like to try and get to finishing more of these requests as we have time.
  • Renaming General Discussion and creating a new sub-forum for casual discussion for those GD forum goers who have requested a space to have more lengthy discussion than what is currently offered in the GD main forum.
  • Closing the Sponsored Offers forum and updating the FAQ/Help Center with information on how to get help with offers.
  • Cleaning up and re-posting forum rule stickies- these need refreshing, so we'll be updating these.

That is all for now! If we have any additional changes, we'll post them in this thread. As well, if you have any feedback on the proposed changes, or wish to suggest changes of your own, please feel free to post your ideas in this thread. We'll be following the discussion, and will take any good and well-formed ideas into consideration.

Take care and Happy Fall!
Sisky

This will solely be Forum edits / removal and not threads?
    I have several very old ooc / roleplaying and backup information threads floating about that I would desperately like to hold on to. If there's a possibility of them being deleted for inactivity or old post dates; I will surely do all I can to hold onto that information considering it's the only current copy I have in the last several years.
Why not just make new posts in them?
because it gives you the error message "this is an old and (something) thread. why not make a new one?" or something stupid like that. I think you should be allowed to necro your own thread if it is still pertinent or if you want to bring back up the discussion etc or its long running and you went on haitus a bit and wanted to pick it back up.
Wow, that is really stupid of them. My apologies. I have a long-running chat thread that sometimes goes weeks without a reply; I hope they don't shelve or delete it. neutral
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
Right now there are only two different types of threads in the Dressing Room:
contests/requests and shops.
It would really be great if there were two different sub-forums,
because generally you are looking for one or the other and it's really irritating when you can't find any shops because of all the contests or vice versa.

I've been meaning to make a petition about this for some time now. . .

Invisible Phantom

shiny ponkan
Please add a 1x1 Search sub-forum to Barton Town !

This.

Or even just a search forum, whether it be one on one or groups. Something other then Barton ooc, which should be used for ooc threads and profile threads and crap.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues

Dapper Noob

dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues

Ratttking
dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers
The Young Rapid
dollarbillblues

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
lRON MAlDEN
Please add more mods in the metal forum. The forum is not being moderated at all and there is almost always off topic threads made and they happen to last for a couple of weeks.

I also forgot, the regulars in the metal forum are not friendly in the slightest way and end up harassing you for what you like and call you out for other things. I end up having to block people when I post there.

Oh good z!F is not alone then. Only one mod in zOMG! Forum, so I hope the metal forum has more than that. Hopefully metal forum has more than one to help you, but generally more mods need to be hired after Gaia figures out their new training for it. I do like all the suggestions to clean up the forums, but I generally skim through and patrol majority of forums.

Dapper Noob

lRON MAlDEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
dollarbillblues
Ratttking
dollarbillblues
The Young Rapid
DiabolusNaggers

Can you guys stop quoting each other back and forth? You're not showing new support for your comments and you're not even bringing anything new to the table. It just makes it more of a pain for the mods and admins to read through your suggestions and harder for them to get an accurate idea of how many people would like to see the change implemented. Why not just head back to the metal forum and ask people to come here and show their support for the idea?

Dapper Noob

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces