KingKentling
Ratttking
KingKentling
Wireless Aids
Merge the CB + GD.
It's the same these days anyways.

gurl you cant mix oil and water exclaim
But you can mix crap with other crap.

not unless one thing is a flammable crap and the other thing is a heating crap emotion_c8
you will end starting a fire or explosion
All crap is flammable, silly person, and should be burned or otherwise disposed of.
wow thats just down right mean neutral

Meg Unloved's Bestie

Romantic Rogue

Apprivoise
I think maybe an option to remove our own old threads would be amazing too.
Being able to clean up on our own.

I agree. This would be a wonderful option to have.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Raine Dragon
Ellili
Ratttking
I suggest eliminating GD entirely. If they wish to have lengthier discussions, there is already a forum for that: Extended Discussion, and the rest of the threads can easily go in the Chatterbox.
they really dont have amny of those thouh its mostly pic drops and spam. with trolls. sweatdrop

Yeah, but it used to... Did you ever go in there back in the day? When I was new I used to hang out there and it was mostly light discussion.... It just sort of snowballed into trolling and name dropping as the years went by. It's kinda sad.

It would be nice if we could have a light discussion forum, and just sort of push the GD off into a corner for those people who like the troll culture of the forum.
it was good bac then just like cb was much better back then. and god the tv shows show up trolls adventure time i have yet to see how people can watch that

Sparkly Nerd

Nina Nightingale
Apprivoise

Mhm! I am sure we all have a ton of threads we don't use, and would love to have taken off our topics list.

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
Very good, can't wait.

Meg Unloved's Bestie

Romantic Rogue

Apprivoise
Nina Nightingale
Apprivoise

Mhm! I am sure we all have a ton of threads we don't use, and would love to have taken off our topics list.

Yup. I also think it will come in handy in the future.

Dapper Citizen

Two ideas.

1: Merge the General Discussion and Chatterbox forums. They are practically the same forum these days, anyway. No point separating them.

2: Get rid of the 'Hot Topics' sections. It's really a waste of coding on the Gaia staff side, and people can deal with that one extra mouse click to get to a certain forum.

Manly Regular

Nina Nightingale

That would just mess up some links and data
instead of deleting. Locking the thread
would be more an ideal feature

Amateur Noob

TO PEOPLE MENTIONING NOT TO MOVE ART SHOPS

I said this earlier before sisky went to bed and she already clarified for me. Shadowing means they will also be linked to in the picture posts section whenever its renamed but they won't move from their original location. They'll be in both.

Sparkly Nerd

Nina Nightingale
Apprivoise
Nina Nightingale
Apprivoise

Yup. I also think it will come in handy in the future.

Yeah~ Especially for those who are working on achievements.
Wouldn't it be great to be able to remove finished threads to clear up the clutter.
VVhip
yisei
why are the art shops moving to the picture post forum?
it makes more sense for them to be under the mini shops because each thread is technically a shop :S

i think art contests should be moved to the picture post forum and the rest should stay ):

To be honest, I can see the logic in putting it in the art related forums.

It makes sense to put like with like, as people will tend to say to themselves "I want some art"... "Where do I go to find art? The art forums, of course!".

People don't go "I want to buy art! I'll go to the shops forum and take a chance that they might be selling some art there, even though it doesn't specifically say on the main forum icon that they sell art!"

the art shops, formerly requests and commissions, has been under mini shops since '03. it doesn't make any sense to move them after 9 years ;/ generally everyone in the art community all know where to go and everyone who's not in the art community generally don't care much for buying or selling art

but it doesnt matter :p as Certifiably Psychopathic cleared up, the subforums aren't being "moved"

Aged Zealot

shiny ponkan
Please add a 1x1 Search sub-forum to Barton Town !

I'd like to add to this by asking for possible separate 1x1 and group search sub-forums. The OoC is full of random search threads. There is seriously absolutely no point in attempting to use the Out of Character threads as recruitment threads because search threads devour the front page.

Allenas's Girlfriend

Mega Gaian

17,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Sounds good- definitely been needed for years!
shiny ponkan
Please add a 1x1 Search sub-forum to Barton Town !

This. People always seem confused about where this goes.

Cluttered Gaian

I'm really loving it based on what I see! Very exciting stuff. 8D I'm especially excited about the General Discussion and Picture Post/art shops revamp stuff, and seeing Avatar Talk at a top forum seems like a strong choice considering the avatar focus of this site. These are great choices and very exciting for me!
I'll withold judgement on the things I'm most questionable about, since after rethinking it I can definitely see the purpose behind them. Looks quite solid.

However:
siskataya

Closing the Sponsored Offers forum and updating the FAQ/Help Center with information on how to get help with offers.

THIS I'm unsure about. I find that giving users a forum to discuss the issues they're having is truly invaluable, as they can sometimes solve each other's problems. If it's being closed due to a lack of communication availability with the staff and sponsor companies, I understand, but I think that users need somewhere to discuss the site sponsored offers and that it'll just end up somewhere irrelevant like the GCD otherwise. A little thought on that issue would be very much appreciated.

Keep up the great work! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces