Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Bloodsucker

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ꭿℇℛ℩ℇ ❀
When replying to pm's it always deletes everything but half of the quote. super annoying. Ive stopped even bothering with pm's on the app.

it will delete symbols, ex: < > ( )

if my store if full, the market will tell me i dont have a trading pass.

also i have a huge inventory, it would be nice to have a /jump to/ page for when your selling, instead of having to go through every single page.

in other news i havent had problems logging in since you made the dev notice.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug
-Posting in the forums. Apostrophes disappear, in a new post and if you quote someone. Also, '<' disappears. There might be some other ones, but these are the only ones that I have experienced.

How reproducable is it? Does it always happen or just some of the time?
-Every time. I've heard of others with the same problem.

What page(s) does it happen on?
All pages in the forums.

Does it only happen for you or everyone?
Everyone. Or, I know of others.

Do you get an error message? Copy and paste it.
No.
Also, it's hard to send PMs. Friends have told me that messages have come blank, with their name quoted. I'm not sure if this is only for me...

Hygienic Genius

9,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
Bug #1: The Quote Eating Monster
This monster takes a couple forms, but each PM reply has it in one form or another.
1) The quote train will have the quotes be devoured by the monster, meaning they just plain out vanish.
From [quote="I am like so cool"] becomes [quote=I am like so cool]

2) The monster will change the " to & quot ; without spaces which makes for the rest of the PM after that broken quote falling off the face of the earth. (example:
[quote="Vatusia"] becomes [quote=& quot;Vatusia& quot;]

3) Similar to #1, quotation marks in the body of the text will also vanish. (example: She said, "What's up, dawg" will turn into She said, Whats up, dawg.)

Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug:
1) Open Gaia on the Go
2) Click Private Messages
3) Click Inbox
4) Click on a PM
5) Click "Reply"
6) Add text to the quote train (or don't).
7) Send message.

Always.

Private messages.

Everyone.

Nope.

Bug #2: The Re Chain
Replying to a message in a PM has the following issues:
1) After a message has been replied to, it does not flag it as "replied" to on Gaia Online.
2) In the Subject field after clicking "reply", an additional "Re:" magically appears rather than just sticking to one as is the case on the site. Example, if I replied to a PM on the site, my reply would be called: "Re: Vatusia truly is the best", while on the iPhone app it becomes, "Re: Re: Vatusia truly is the best".

1) Open Gaia on the Go
3) Click Inbox
4) Click on a PM
5) Click "Reply"
7) Send message.

Always.

Private message replies.

Everyone.

Nope.

ausyowo's Bae

Shirtless Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Nerd 50
Vatusia
Bug #1: The Quote Eating Monster
This monster takes a couple forms, but each PM reply has it in one form or another.
1) The quote train will have the quotes be devoured by the monster, meaning they just plain out vanish.
From [quote="I am like so cool"] becomes [quote=I am like so cool]

2) The monster will change the " to & quot ; without spaces which makes for the rest of the PM after that broken quote falling off the face of the earth. (example:
[quote="Vatusia"] becomes [quote=& quot;Vatusia& quot;]

3) Similar to #1, quotation marks in the body of the text will also vanish. (example: She said, "What's up, dawg" will turn into She said, Whats up, dawg.)

Step by step instructions to reproduce the bug:
1) Open Gaia on the Go
3) Click Inbox
4) Click on a PM
5) Click "Reply"
7) Send message.

Always.

Private messages.

Everyone.

Nope.

Bug #2: The Re Chain
Replying to a message in a PM has the following issues:
1) After a message has been replied to, it does not flag it as "replied" to on Gaia Online.
2) In the Subject field after clicking "reply", an additional "Re:" magically appears rather than just sticking to one as is the case on the site. Example, if I replied to a PM on the site, my reply would be called: "Re: Vatusia truly is the best", while on the iPhone app it becomes, "Re: Re: Vatusia truly is the best".

1) Open Gaia on the Go
3) Click Inbox
4) Click on a PM
5) Click "Reply"
7) Send message.

Always.

Private message replies.

Everyone.

Nope.

To this person, the exact same thing happens to me. Every. Single. Time. O used to use the old app. Now I had to switch. Now that's happening. It's been taking out the quotes for awhile now and it's really annoying. I'm starting to be tempted to delete my Gaia app altogether. I mean there's alot of bug issues. It's working AMAZING one day then completely amazing the next. That's really annoying. Get the old back. That one I can at less handle the no quotes. I can't handle it erasing half my message or leaving just the []'s.

Moonlight Hunter

My app refuses to let me log in... it says I have the wrong username and password, despite the fact that it's the same username and password I use to log on to the regular site. I've checked it again and again... still the same issue.

Also it deletes my brackets '()' and apostrophes ' when I edit posts

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
please please please please put an aquarium tab in the sell something area in the marketplace of the app crying

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
mini_faerie_luver
Ꭿℇℛ℩ℇ ❀
When replying to pm's it always deletes everything but half of the quote. super annoying. Ive stopped even bothering with pm's on the app.

it will delete symbols, ex: < > ( )

if my store if full, the market will tell me i dont have a trading pass.

also i have a huge inventory, it would be nice to have a /jump to/ page for when your selling, instead of having to go through every single page.

in other news i havent had problems logging in since you made the dev notice.

also i have a huge inventory, it would be nice to have a /jump to/ page for when your selling, instead of having to go through every single page.THIS. <3

Shameless Lunatic

11,950 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
Many symbols disappear from my posts after I hit "submit".

These symbols include:

Left bracket (
Ampersand &
Quotation "
Apostrophe '
Left parenthesis {
Hash #
Percent %
Left angled bracket <
Right angled bracket >

This happens in every single post I make with the app.
And when quoting another post, the symbols go missing from the quotation as well. Including the quotations around their username.
I could be mistaken, but this could be why nobody ever gets notifications from my quotes. If not, then maybe that's a whole different bug to report. I've started tipping posts in order to let people know I've quoted them.

Sounds like it happens to everyone who uses the app. And it happens all of the time.
There is no error message, only posts with very poor grammar and punctuation.

Friendly Werewolf

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
One of the major bugs is the fact I send or reply to a private message it doesn't send.
When they get it the message is either all screwy or whatever I typed to send doesn't show up.
Every once in while it says my username and password isn't right.

Conservative Phantom

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
iiraveluverii
I used to be logged into the gaia app, but when I went to check the other day I was logged out.
So I tried logging into my account, with the correct username and password, and it said invalid username/password, but when I went on my laptop it was perfectly fine.

This is what happened to me.
And every time I try logging into the app, it won't let me in. crying

Also, before this happened, it wouldn't let me post special character text, not even apostrophes. And I absolutely HATE coming off as having bad grammar and punctuation. User Image

Wicked Nymph

19,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
After sending a Private Message, the subject becomes re: re: re: and so on and so on. I've also had a couple occasions when I would send a PM and the recipient would not receive it properly.
Bug 1 seems to happen every time I've done it (but I haven't done it in a while since it bugs me (pun intended)) Bug 2 only happened once or twice, which was when I stopped using the PM part of the app.
Private message page.
I don't know. I don't know anyone else who has the app.
No. I do not get an error message.

Devoted Detective

11,300 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
When I equip my avatar on the app and later enters towns or rally on my computer my avatar freaks out. It doesn't stop unless I re-save it.

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hi i have ipad
They can make an app for ipad???
I have iphone app is good. I think is better one app for ipad
Thanks

Ruthless Sex Symbol

PRIVATE MESSAGING ISSUE

When you try to reply back to a private message, and sometimes quote someone in the forums, it changes the quotations to gibberish, and gives the receiver a completely gibberish message.

I don't know if it's just me or not. There is no error message.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff