Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm having login issues as well. It tends to say my password is incorrect, even though I know it isn't. It sometimes happens several times in a row, but it eventually lets me through. I haven't used the "forgot your login" option, but I do have IP verivication on. (I've had to verify a couple of times when I used a different computer.)

- Which browser are you using? Chrome (15.0.874.106 m)
- Do you have "Remember Me" turned on? No
- Do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser? No. Just for my username.

Timid Lover

The same is happening with me whenever I attempt to log in. Every time, it says 'Forgot your password' when I know I typed it in correctly. It takes me about five minutes to finally login because I'm constantly retyping my password.

Friendly Gaian

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
i have this problem too. When i changed my other accounts password and it send that reset your password link to my e-mail i changed it but when i tried to log in whit that new password it won't let do it. it says "add your password" or "the password or the username is wrong" but them are right and it won't let me log in whit that old password too :T it's annoying please fix it soon

6,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I have the problem of my password not being accepted when it's asked by the right upper corner drop down window. If I log in at the Log in webpage it seems to accept the password correctly.

This happens to me only in Firefox browsers. With Explorer it works both ways (dropdown window and webpage).

I use no password autofill (but it seems to be implemented automatically in the browser, because it asks me if I want to remember passwords whenever entering new sites. I always answer never to remember.) and no "remember me" option.

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
It was just not letting me log in a moment ago. I KNOW I had the right password. It tried to get me to reset it, I was about to, then the recovery email didn't even have the right name for my account...it was a name that the account first started with. For verification, I'm using SRWare Iron, a Chrome mirror, as a browser.
I can't log in with my "Shinee-Rakamaru" Account, they say "Uh Oh, Incorrect Password" or something like that, after I try to click the "forgot password" one, and insert the new password, they say "do you wan't to change another's password? nice try!" like that crying

What should I do? Please Help me!!

- which browser are you using?
I use Google Chrome

- do you have "Remember Me" turned on?
Usually, yes.

- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser?
I'm not sure sad

Mythical Lunatic

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Everytime I try to login it tells me invalid password and I have to reset it. I'm using Internet Explorer. Usually I'm able to sign in every few days with out problems but it seems now that if I sign out I have to reset my password again

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Panagrammic
We're trying to track down this bug and haven't had much luck getting a reproducible case, so I'm hoping that someone on Site Feedback will be able to help me out.

Basically, it looks like some people are having problems with the "Forgot Your Login?" The problematic symptom seems to be:

- you ask for your password to be sent
- you click on the link in the e-mail
- it asks you to enter your password, and then confirm it
- when you try to submit, it says "invalid key"

I would love to find someone that is getting this consistently on one of their accounts; if you get this, please respond below and tell me:

Thanks!

I constantly have this problem when trying to log on from the home page. Everything is correct but it will not log me in. However, if I click the 'join gaia/create account' link and then click 'log in' from there, it is fine.
1. Im using Safari Version 5.1.1 on a mac
2. I do not have "Remember Me" turned on
3. No autofill turned on for this site

Shirtless Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i'm having trouble just loging into gaia on the main site page. everytime i enter my username and my password it says invalided password and username. i have to log into gaia through the www.gaiaonline.com/mygaia/ pagew of the site to just be able to log in every day .-.

Romantic Prophet

I also have been having issues logging in from the main page. I just about had a heart attack, thinking someone had hacked me! @__@ Though password retrieval worked fine for me, the main page would still not accept the newly reset password. Very troubling.
When I try to log in, I will type my password in and press enter, and it will delete it and ask for it again. It's a random cycle that changes the amounts of tries before it logs me in.

I've changed my password to simple things, that can't be miss-keyed and this still happens.

I use Google Chrome.
No autofill, always hand typed.
Never have remember me on.
i have problem when logging in on opera and chrome, it just doesn't recognize my pass no matter how many times i try
once i got scared and though someone broke into my account so i changed it, it was on mozilla and since i have it remembered there i am able to log in

Wealthy Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
My other account is having log in issues too. crying .When I log in it says incorrect password, I tried to log in several times because i remember my password right but really I can't. I try to fix it by filling up the forgot your login form.I remember my email but i forgot my email password .I can see my other account still with the same items. how could i recover my other account?

- which browser are you using? google chrome
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on?no
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser?no

I hope You could help me recover my account

O.G. Kitten

This has been happening to me all week, with all my accounts. I find it only happens on the main front page with the bit picture with all the avatars in the field or whatever. I click the corner box to log in and no matter which account I try, it says it's the wrong password. But then I just go to the main forums page and click the corner box, log in, and for some reason unknown to me, that works. This is really getting annoying because everyday I think "Oh crap, my account must have been hacked and the password changed." I can't take any more panic attacks. X_x

The browser I'm on is Mozilla Fire Fox 8.0
I do not have "remember me" turned on.
I do have a password autofill turned on.

Perfect Genius

Google Chrome

Yes.

Yes.

I kept getting "Incorrect Log-in information". My problem seemed to be linked to the IP verification, but I couldn't log in from the main page. I had to log in through Guilds. And I got IP verification emails even though I was logging in from the same place I always log in from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff