Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Hi there. When I go to the dress up page I can edit whatever I want (which is awesome) but occasionally is will prevent me from going back to the main menu. It will say that the page cannot be loaded and I will have to force close the app to get back to the main page. This doesn't happen always, but it does happen sometimes so I'm just throwing it out there.

My phone is a Mytouch 4G - nothing was specified to me after that.

Heroic Sentai

11,950 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Brandisher 100
Hola,

Andriid system: 4.03
Model: T-Mobile springboard

I really like tha app, but like the others have said, it is too ios looking and less android.
I believe there is no need for a back or menu button at upper left corner when android have a defult back button built in.
I have my device have a no auto-landscape set up, but whenever tilt my tablet the app does the same when it shouldnt be and it gives me a black screen.
I also get a android cant acces the page page anit overlays on top of the gaia app whenever i use it.

Right now i havent check the dressing the cash shop cause i. Am Only interesting in the forum and email at the moment.

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

Using a DROIDX2 android version 2.3.5 here.

Without repeating everyone else, which I wholeheartedly agree with already, I just some minor feedback to give that may be unmentioned as of yet.

Posting in guilds is buggy. I get logged out upon hitting submit and then it takes me to the purple login screen.

It would be nice if tipping didn't take you to a separate screen with just the message stating you gave a tip since usually going back takes me back to the main menu. Also, I totally back the whole auto-rotate idea. My hand hurts typing on the smaller keyboard and I can't even see the whole darn screen since it's covered by the keyboard.

Hitting subscribe buttons does absolutely nothing and I checked to make sure it wasn't in my subscriptions. And there is no auto redirect after posting and clicking the link to return to the thread brings you to page one instead of your own post or the most recent page like it really ought to.

Loving Elder

While not a major flaw, the zoom is blocking the spot on the bottom right which blocks the number pages especially while going through my posts. It's a minor nuisance since it goes away after awhile. Just need to wait for it to fade. This is on my Galaxy Tab 7.0.which has Android 4.0. Haven't tested it on my Galaxy S 3 yet. You can see the zoom blocking in the attached screenie.
Dress up is very small and hard to see but I think it's because it stays in portrait mode. My tablet is pretty large and it's still hard to see. I can imagine how it will look on my phone.

Most of the sections like in that pic, leave black borders so it doesn't seem to fill the entire screen.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, the cash shop items. I don't know if this is intended but as you can see, all the items are dragged out and don't change. The white line strip is longer than what's shown.
Preview doesn't work at all.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rainbow Lunatic

I edited my status and declined a few random friend requests, but nothing seems to have updated. They're still there on my notifications. And I was checking my PM inbox, and tried unsuccessfully to delete a message. Then when I tried to go to the next message, I kept going back to the message I was trying to delete. And when I'm browsing forums, a bunch of times my screen went to a blank blue background with nothing but the top bar loaded.

HTC Thunderbolt

(thank you for the android app!)

Original Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
Subject 23
The compatibility issue is most likely not a "Gaia wants us to buy new phones" issue. The issue is more likely to be that they're using the latest version of the Android SDK, and have utilized functions that the older versions of Android (maybe anything Eclair 2.1 or below) may not be able to use. While I don't see anything that these devices couldn't physically handle, it may be there. Perhaps a Gaia on the Go Lite app is in order. Or, if Gaia could just post the .apk with instructions on how to use an apk file for those whose devices aren't supported, that would be helpful to these people.

I'm on an ICS 4.0 device, so mine's fully compatible.
I think he knew that sweatdrop either way, thats a funny assumption and it would make sense that Gaia could sign contract with the new phones which leads Gaian into buying new phones lol >.<

Original Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
sweatdrop some people should really read the past posted issues and submit new ones if they see any... I think a simple quote to the already posted complaint and their phone information (excluding their phone numbers) is added...

I'm trying to read all of this so that once its available to my phone I know what to expect and not be disappointed... But these bugs and issues are pretty much all the same :/

Oh Gaia... You should've tested this with your own phones prior to releasing them...

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
The 9/25 update added an exit option, which is an improvement, but it's also not very detailed. When you click "Log Out" on the main screen, you're given the option to remove your login info. You get three options. "Yes", "Just exit", "Cancel". However, I noticed that on the login screen, there's an exit button. It'd be easier on everyone if the Log Out button just went to the login screen. If you want to sign in with a different name, you could do that, or you could just hit the exit button. Though, it'd be a lot less iOS looking if this was all just done with the phone's back button, like normal android applications.

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Here's a sample I'm throwing together of how it could look more Android-like.

User Image

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Just curious of these games will be available for IOS users as well, and if the issues for them will be addressed as I haven't seen any communication stating otherwise. It'd be great of an active mod stepped into that topic and updated the main post to reflect issues that are know and being worked on, instead of rolling out the android app.

It's also sad I have to come here and make a complaint because the idevice thread is ignored.

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Kitty
Just curious of these games will be available for IOS users as well, and if the issues for them will be addressed as I haven't seen any communication stating otherwise. It'd be great of an active mod stepped into that topic and updated the main post to reflect issues that are know and being worked on, instead of rolling out the android app.

It's also sad I have to come here and make a complaint because the idevice thread is ignored.

You've had your application for over a year now. We just got ours. "Instead of rolling out the android app"? So you think they should wait until all of your crappy iOS app needs are met before they put out an app for the Android? That's pretty selfish, but what can be expected of an Apple user...

Are iDevices even supporting Flash? Or is Apple going to get rid of it for their own iFlash that sucks worse than Apple Maps?

And in regards to your signature, it's funny that your iPad hates you, and you need an instruction guide on how to use Gaia on your iDevice. So much for being superior and more convenient. ;D
Thank you for all the immediate feedback!

Here are some of the recent fixes that will be out on Monday:
- Login screen moves up when entering text
- Forum compose, marketplace submission windows lifted up to avoid keyboard overlap
- Fixed status updating bug
- Fixed friend request respond not working
- Fixed back button not working sometimes

Next bugs to fix:
- tipping not returning the right screen
- posting do not return to proper thread view
- cash shop doesn't look right
- plus many others

Sorry for the incompatibility issue with the older Android devices. We chose a development kit that can publish to both Android and Apple at the same time so that we can keep developing new features for both platforms at the same time. However, there are some painful shortcoming of this development kit, and the compatibility issue was one of them, along with problems with landscape mode. Hopefully we can find ways to go around these issues in the future.

Fluffy Bunny

Nothing works after 27/9 update - Samsung Galaxy I
I tried logging out to see if it work after clearing cache, but now the Sign In button won't even work.

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
lanzer
Thank you for all the immediate feedback!

Here are some of the recent fixes that will be out on Monday:
- Login screen moves up when entering text
- Forum compose, marketplace submission windows lifted up to avoid keyboard overlap
- Fixed status updating bug
- Fixed friend request respond not working
- Fixed back button not working sometimes

Next bugs to fix:
- tipping not returning the right screen
- posting do not return to proper thread view
- cash shop doesn't look right
- plus many others

Sorry for the incompatibility issue with the older Android devices. We chose a development kit that can publish to both Android and Apple at the same time so that we can keep developing new features for both platforms at the same time. However, there are some painful shortcoming of this development kit, and the compatibility issue was one of them, along with problems with landscape mode. Hopefully we can find ways to go around these issues in the future.

Another down side to this is that the Android app is going to continue to look like an iOS app, which is a major turn off for most Android users.

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Subject 23
Kitty

You've had your application for over a year now. We just got ours. "Instead of rolling out the android app"? So you think they should wait until all of your crappy iOS app needs are met before they put out an app for the Android? That's pretty selfish, but what can be expected of an Apple user...

Are iDevices even supporting Flash? Or is Apple going to get rid of it for their own iFlash that sucks worse than Apple Maps?

And in regards to your signature, it's funny that your iPad hates you, and you need an instruction guide on how to use Gaia on your iDevice. So much for being superior and more convenient. ;D

wow! Way to attack someone. First off to address the original complaint, yes I've had the application for over a year, however basic issues are still not fixed such as PM's being eaten. I ask if it is going to be fixed for IOS instead of just rolling out the android app , because from what I've read the android app is based about 90% on the original iOS app. Thus if we are having problems, it is likely so will android users.

As to wether iDevices are supporting flash, if you did a quick search or knew anything at all about them, you would know they have never supported flash. Seems you haven't even given an iDevice a chance before totally discounting it and assuming all users thing they are "superior".

Lastly, as for the personal attack, the signature is a joke about how technology is only as good as the user, but the user will still blame the technology, and the Guide is MY guide. Meaning I created it and compiled all the information in hopes of helping other gaians who rely on their I devices to navigate Gaia. If you look, I even had a specific section for android users updating any info on when they might sen an app. Thus showing that I WANT android users to have the app too.

I just don't want them to deal with the issues iDevice users have if they don't have to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff