Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with the Yiling Patriarch

Wrathful Spirit

First off, I want to say I find the Gaia app works great on my phone which is:

Sony Xperia x10a
Android 2.3.3
No Network, used only on wifi, has a Rogers SIM card.

But this is where the real question comes in. Is this app going to be optimized for tablet use?

I just got a Google Nexus 7 (by Asus) that's running on android 4.2 and the app is basically useless, not only are buttons fuzzy, a huge amount of the screen is wasted, the app is definitely not meant to be used on a HD screen and I keep getting a pop up when I try to access the forums that no matter what option I pick the app doesn't do anything but get stuck on the blue background. I didn't do anymore browsing the app after these issues, I just immediately uninstalled it, quite disappointed.

Screenshots:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most of the major Social Networking websites are making their android applications tablet ready, some either making tablet exclusive versions or updating their phone app to have tablet support. Gaia should consider it too, using the regular website on tablets (at least 7inch ones) isn't a great user experience especially with Flash dropping support on tablets past android 4.0 and the only way to get flash on tablets above Android 4.0 is to use a work around that entails downloading flash a specific way and booting it on firefox.

Regular Website on Nexus 7:

Overall I think the Gaia app is decent and works well on my phone (which I'll be using much less now because I have a tablet) but I think it needs to expand and get some tablet support sooner than later considering it opens up opportunity to target the ever increasing audience of tablet users out there, especially with the ability to buy cash and cash shop items directly from the application, it's pretty blatantly lost profit to not support at leave 7inch tablets.

Animal Zealot

13,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Samsung Galaxy S3

I haven't yet figured out a way to get to sub-forums... that would be nice.

It'd also be cool to be able to play Booty Grab. I can't play it at all unless I borrow my boyfriend's computer, so I think it'd be nifty. whee

I have found that messages don't get deleted on the app, and notifications don't go away.

Other than that, rather enjoy the app!
THANKS FOR THE APP. Please fix some things :'( for example if my phone screen goes black (every 5 minutes) the gaia app goes black, and anything I was doing is erased or blacked out so I cant see. Id love to be able to comment or inbox without having to close down the app every 10 minutes and RE OPEN it for it to quit glitching emo

Shy Flatterer

8,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Megathread 100
The app works great on my phone: HTC Rhyme

I've been using it for a few days, and everything works great so far.

Some considerations though:

+Add a 'Refresh' or 'Update' button on the main page once you logged in. Like I'll have 2 private messages, then I'll check them. Once I click the 'Back to Menu' button it still says I have 2 notifications. A 'Refresh' button would help so much so I don't have to close/reopen the app to get rid of the new notifications.

+ Show new notificiations on the subtabs (Status, Requests, Notices, Friends Stuff). For the 'Notifications' tab it shows the number of new notifications, then when I click on that tab, I have to click the other four subtabs to find out where the new notification is. It would be awesome to show where the new notification listed on the subtabs like you do for the main 'Notification' tab.

+ Add a regular 'Previous Page' button. When I'm on a subforum and I want to check out another forum in another category (ex. Artist Corner to Gaia Community), I have to go all the way back to the main menu to look at another forum. Then I have to wait for the forums to load up. It's really annoying and I think adding a 'Previous Page' button would make browsing the forums so convenient. Keep the 'Back to Menu' tab though please! So we don't have to keep pressing 'Previous Page' to get back to the main menu.

This is all the things I can think of so far. smile Hope my feedback helps. The app works great so far just needs some more tweaks to make it very convenient.

Caitian's Significant Otter

Fashionable Streaker

19,525 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
First off, the app works perfectly fine on my Galaxy Note. No issues!

There area few features I'd like. Mostly, though, I would love a widget that displays your avatar! Having it selected by username would be nice too - you could pull up a widget of a friend's avi. Thanks!
Doesn't work on galaxy gio

Blazing Smoker

lanzer

I love this app~ I'm using it to post this right now! A shop thing would really be nice so I don't have to sreach what I on market place! x^x I'd forever be in love with it if it had a shop tab thing or whatever you want to call it so I can just buy stuff from the regular Gaia shops! >^<

heart heart heart

P.S I have a LG Nitro HD and have ran into no problems C:

Rainbow Loiterer

Hirurg
First off, I want to say I find the Gaia app works great on my phone which is:

Sony Xperia x10a
Android 2.3.3
No Network, used only on wifi, has a Rogers SIM card.

But this is where the real question comes in. Is this app going to be optimized for tablet use?

I just got a Google Nexus 7 (by Asus) that's running on android 4.2 and the app is basically useless, not only are buttons fuzzy, a huge amount of the screen is wasted, the app is definitely not meant to be used on a HD screen and I keep getting a pop up when I try to access the forums that no matter what option I pick the app doesn't do anything but get stuck on the blue background. I didn't do anymore browsing the app after these issues, I just immediately uninstalled it, quite disappointed.

Screenshots:

Most of the major Social Networking websites are making their android applications tablet ready, some either making tablet exclusive versions or updating their phone app to have tablet support. Gaia should consider it too, using the regular website on tablets (at least 7inch ones) isn't a great user experience especially with Flash dropping support on tablets past android 4.0 and the only way to get flash on tablets above Android 4.0 is to use a work around that entails downloading flash a specific way and booting it on firefox.

Regular Website on Nexus 7:

Overall I think the Gaia app is decent and works well on my phone (which I'll be using much less now because I have a tablet) but I think it needs to expand and get some tablet support sooner than later considering it opens up opportunity to target the ever increasing audience of tablet users out there, especially with the ability to buy cash and cash shop items directly from the application, it's pretty blatantly lost profit to not support at leave 7inch tablets.

A work around for that unnessisary pop-up about the Android app being availible is just to hit the cancel button when it shows up. It happened to me once, I hit cancel and haven't seen it since. If you hit okay, the app thinks it needs to direct you to the dowload for the app in the Play store though it doesn't seem capable of doing so and thus getting stuck on a blue screen.

On another note! Thanks to your post, I have noticed that the spoilers button doesn't work in the app. It's not a big deal to me, although it may be to some. The 'Show Spoiler' button shows up as it would on the website however the 'Close Spoiler' button is right beside it, and from checking the coding, the entire contents of the spoiler section are underneath, as in the next line down.

Using a MyTouch 4G Slide on the T-Mobile network. Android version 2.3.4.
The app is too small for my phones screen so there is a big black bar off to the side if it.

Also there are some load problems in notification and forum that gives a pop up to download the app from the play store. gonk

Needs landscape!

Oh and Kyocera rise. ICS, I think.

Lonely Pie-Maker

11,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
Avery Hemingway
The app is too small for my phones screen so there is a big black bar off to the side if it.

Also there are some load problems in notification and forum that gives a pop up to download the app from the play store. gonk

Needs landscape!

Oh and Kyocera rise. ICS, I think.

To add to this:
Announcements will only load the most recent.
Speed is much better now; however.

Shy Flatterer

8,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Megathread 100
Previous post:

Hey-You-Sam
The app works great on my phone: HTC Rhyme

I've been using it for a few days, and everything works great so far.

Some considerations though:

+Add a 'Refresh' or 'Update' button on the main page once you logged in. Like I'll have 2 private messages, then I'll check them. Once I click the 'Back to Menu' button it still says I have 2 notifications. A 'Refresh' button would help so much so I don't have to close/reopen the app to get rid of the new notifications.

+ Show new notificiations on the subtabs (Status, Requests, Notices, Friends Stuff). For the 'Notifications' tab it shows the number of new notifications, then when I click on that tab, I have to click the other four subtabs to find out where the new notification is. It would be awesome to show where the new notification listed on the subtabs like you do for the main 'Notification' tab.

+ Add a regular 'Previous Page' button. When I'm on a subforum and I want to check out another forum in another category (ex. Artist Corner to Gaia Community), I have to go all the way back to the main menu to look at another forum. Then I have to wait for the forums to load up. It's really annoying and I think adding a 'Previous Page' button would make browsing the forums so convenient. Keep the 'Back to Menu' tab though please! So we don't have to keep pressing 'Previous Page' to get back to the main menu.

This is all the things I can think of so far. smile Hope my feedback helps. The app works great so far just needs some more tweaks to make it very convenient.

To add as of 1/17/2013:

Phone: HTC Rhyme

- The 'Delete Messages' button doesn't work for the app. No matter how many times I go to delete the message, it won't delete. Even when I turn on and off the app, the message is still there. Same thing when I go to sign in on the site, the message I tried to delete will still be there.

Apocalyptic Hunter

I have the LG 5115 and I can't use the app

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am using the Droid Incredible.

I have been having problems with 1 specific function.
I can go into my inbox, read my messages.
But when I click to go back to the inbox,
the screen freezes. I can't go back,
I can't reload the page, and I have to
restart my entire phone to fix it.

Oh and almost forgot... The notices number and PM number
on the main screen do not work properly.
I will read my notices and PMs, then go back to the main screen,
but the notices/PM numbers are still there.
Also have to restart whole phone to fix.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I would super appreciate being able to reply to profile comments via my app. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff