Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Hey there everyone,

We’re aware of a glitch in Alchemy where if you try to craft a formula and one of your items is soulbound or locked it will always fail. Our developers have taken note of this bug and have set it on their project list to be looked at and fixed. Currently we do not have an estimated time for when this will be fixed, but it is on our to-do list.

In the meantime, we would like to reimburse those users who may have lost their gold as a result of this specific glitch. If you could please post in this thread and include the following information, we would be happy to investigate your claim and process it.

[b]Total gold lost:[/b]
[b]Formula Name:[/b]
[b]Number of attempts:[/b]
[b]Date of attempts:[/b]

Finally, we believe that we have found a work around for this particular problem. Please note that this is an experimental work around and does not guarantee a success.

• Find a formula that you need to craft.
  • Look at the ingredients list and see if any of the items that you need for it are soulbound or locked.
  • If any one of these items are soulbound or lock, then move them to the very end of your inventory.
  • Replace the soulbound items with a second set of items that are not soulbound or locked.
  • Move that new set of items in front of your soulbound or locked items.
  • Try to craft the formula.
  • If your formula fails due to chance, then you should receive the normal formula fail messaging, and not the altered one.

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
This is not completely with Bug found but I had a Item crafted buy a friend the formula being the ONI SET, as it is soul bound normally and cant be got On MP I Asked for it to be crafted...now It is crafted but is SOUL BOUND to THERE Account, I was hopeing this maybe cleard up whith the arttist but I have yet to hear back from them even thou my mail to them has been read.

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Alright, I will post here as I did bring it to the devs attention this glitch and my findings on it... I don't have the exact info cause I wasn't keeping track but I'll estimate, as I was more concerned with the issue itself and what to do about it.

Total gold lost: About 1,000,000
Formula Name: Formula 9: Goldfish Kimono
Number of attempts: About 7 or 8 after the first time it SHOULD have succeeded by the glitch happened, then after it happened the second time another 3 or 4 attempts. (In theory it should have succeeded the first time the glitch happened, but because it took doing it a second time to re-create and figure out it WAS a glitch, it was a subsequent around 12 unnecessary crafting attempts at 85k a pop.
Date of attempts: Between 01/18/12 and 01/21/12 I don't remember the exact date I received the stuff and started attempting to craft it and when I actually did but it was between these days

Anyway glad to know you guys are working on it. I did post a thread in the alchemy subforum warning people of this issue. So hopefully nobody else encounters the problem I encountered now, though many before me did and couldn't figure out what the issue was. I know Eyria was one of them. I'll let them know to post a reply here.

13,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Love Machine 150
Total gold lost: close to 1 mil I tried so many times
Formula Name: Formula 9: Goldfish Kimono & ] Formula 9: Calico Goldfish Kimono
Number of attempts: Stupidly 10+
Date of attempts: Dec 27th - 29th for goldfish one and 2 times mid january with the calico one

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Tear of Fate
This is not completely with Bug found but I had a Item crafted buy a friend the formula being the ONI SET, as it is soul bound normally and cant be got On MP I Asked for it to be crafted...now It is crafted but is SOUL BOUND to THERE Account, I was hopeing this maybe cleard up whith the arttist but I have yet to hear back from them even thou my mail to them has been read.

Hey there,

Sorry for the problems. Would you be able to give me the name of the formula? I can pass this along and see what can be done.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Animal

Eyria

Cases up to this point have been reimbursed.

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Zero Omega
Tear of Fate

Hey there,

Sorry for the problems. Would you be able to give me the name of the formula? I can pass this along and see what can be done.
Formula 6 Oni Set.

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Animal

Anyway glad to know you guys are working on it. I did post a thread in the alchemy subforum warning people of this issue. So hopefully nobody else encounters the problem I encountered now, though many before me did and couldn't figure out what the issue was. I know Eyria was one of them. I'll let them know to post a reply here.

And thank you for that, you alerted me to a problem that I would have had on my next formula... saved me probably a ton of gold.

Demonic Cultist

14,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
Total gold lost:10k
Formula Name razz hilosophers Cache
Number of attempts:4
Date of attempts:2-7-12

Magnetic Phantom

Zero Omega
If your formula fails due to chance, then you should receive the normal formula fail messaging, and not the altered one.

I didn't try the workaround because the soulbound items are high up in my inventory and the arranger doesn't let one move game items in the game tab.
But what's the difference between the 'normal' and the 'altered fail messaging'?

Total gold lost: 2,000
Formula Name: Formula 1: Orb Aggregate
Number of attempts: 2
Date of attempts: 2012.02.08

Total gold lost: 10,000
Formula Name: Formula 1: Philosopher's Cache
Number of attempts: 4
Date of attempts: 2012.02.08

So it's 12k in total.
Where is it written that when the crafting of the formula fail you still pay --- I lost more then 3000 trying agrega orbs
Deception again---

Champion

Total gold lost: 32,000
Formula Name: Formula 4: Coocoon
Number of attempts: 4
Date of attempts: 2/18

The butterflies are locked.

EDIT: Worked on the 5th try after moving butterflies to the bottom of my inventory.
Total gold lost: 3,000
Formula Name: Formula 1 aggrega (they still in my inventory)
Number of attempts: 3
Date of attempts: 2/18

The orbs locked. maybe i lost them too

It went fine about 3 weeks ago !. perhaps eyria service have something to do with it---it mix the direction of course it,s whitout prejudice
thx

Shy Friend

26,600 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Total gold lost: just over 1 mill I tried so many times coz i was stupidly making it for someone.

Formula Name: Formula 9: Goldfish Kimono & ] Formula 9: Calico Goldfish Kimono

Number of attempts: 10+ i should have stopped but it was for a customer so stupid me kept going am not very happy with myself.

Date of attempts: Wednesday 22nd Febuary 2012

It has done it to me quite a few times but i just thought it was normal and i wouldn't know dates and everything else now ive crafted too many now,but id like me gold back somehow.Thankies Jezzah

Shy Friend

26,600 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Hello i have just tried to craft Formula 9: Black Goldfish Kimono for a customer and this is not the 1st time ive come across this.1st off i click on craft and it will blow up and so far this has happened 7 times but in between that a this message pops up.

If this is a permanant glitch with goldfish why would they still be up for crafting.The customer would like her items back and our gold 300 she gave me so her 300gg and my 340gg if possible please.This problem is just about the same as my problem above this complaint.

I don't know if i should try again but i will need you to give the customer her items back,i really need to know what is happening asap as she is waiting for her item to be made.Thankyou jezzah

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces