Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I was trying to fix a condition where users who were members of multiple clans could not use guilds at all. In trying to fix this, I ran a custom script that accidentally affected users that were staff members (captain, vide-captain, etc.). I did not mean to affect these users.
This script could have affected up to 2100 users.

The script should have removed users from all of their clans then send them a PM telling them what happened and why.

If you were a captain/vice-captain of a clan and you were affected by this, please reply to this topic (with the affected account) with your clan ID, and whether you were Captain or Vice-Captain. I will try to get these fixed as soon as I have time.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

We Back's Husbando

Aged Noob

carbonphyber
I was trying to fix a condition where users who were members of multiple clans could not use guilds at all. In trying to fix this, I ran a custom script that accidentally affected users that were staff members (captain, vide-captain, etc.). I did not mean to affect these users.

The script should have removed users from all of their clans then send them a PM telling them what happened and why.

If you were a captain/vice-captain of a clan and you were affected by this, please reply to this topic (with the affected account) with your clan ID, and whether you were Captain or Vice-Captain. I will try to get these fixed as soon as I have time.
Hi, A few weeks ago I joined another clan when I was part of another one already. As a result, now it says that I belong to no clans and that whenever I try to create or find a new clan its says Error: User belong to more than one clan. Also how do I leave a clan when there is no page that shows clans that I am part of. Please Help!

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Zakkaria
carbonphyber

Hi, A few weeks ago I joined another clan when I was part of another one already. As a result, now it says that I belong to no clans and that whenever I try to create or find a new clan its says Error: User belong to more than one clan. Also how do I leave a clan when there is no page that shows clans that I am part of. Please Help!

I had this problem a couple years ago. This is a glitch- you're supposed to only be able to join one clan. I assume it only says you belong to no clans in-game, yes?

if this is the case, go to the guilds page (under the forum tab). in the bottom left corner is zOMG! clans banner. click the banner, and the link should take you to a page that tells you which clan/clans you currently belong to. 3nodding

We Back's Husbando

Aged Noob

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
Zakkaria
carbonphyber

I had this problem a couple years ago. This is a glitch- you're supposed to only be able to join one clan. I assume it only says you belong to no clans in-game, yes?

if this is the case, go to the guilds page (under the forum tab). in the bottom left corner is zOMG! clans banner. click the banner, and the link should take you to a page that tells you which clan/clans you currently belong to. 3nodding
That's the problem though, it says that I belong to no clans, BUT when I want to either join or create a new clan it says "General Error: User belongs to one or more clans". I don't understand, why doesn't it tell me what clans I'm part of, I think my account is glitched crying If only I could quit my other clans

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Zakkaria
Zakkaria
carbonphyber

That's the problem though, it says that I belong to no clans, BUT when I want to either join or create a new clan it says "General Error: User belongs to one or more clans". I don't understand, why doesn't it tell me what clans I'm part of, I think my account is glitched crying If only I could quit my other clans

hmm... you could just wait until you get a clan announcement if you cant remember the clans that you're in, but if your clans are inactive, I can't really think of anything. sweatdrop

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Zakkaria
Zakkaria
carbonphyber

Which clan are you active in / do you want to remain apart of?

I've already removed people from all clans they are not crew of. Some users managed to be crew / captain / vice-captain of multiple clans and I'm trying to create options for these users to pick the clan they want to stay with and leave the others.

We Back's Husbando

Aged Noob

carbonphyber
Zakkaria
Zakkaria
carbonphyber

Which clan are you active in / do you want to remain apart of?

I've already removed people from all clans they are not crew of. Some users managed to be crew / captain / vice-captain of multiple clans and I'm trying to create options for these users to pick the clan they want to stay with and leave the others.
I believe I was in the clan "GR Buddies!" Could you keep me in GR Buddies and kick me out of all other clans c confused Also next time before I want to join a new clan I must first leave the current clan I am part of? Also, will I be able to see what clan I am part of after you reduce my membership to only one clan? Sorry for the questions, thanks so much biggrin <3

Playful Guildswoman

carbonphyber

We had 9 members removed, and no one received a pm about it, we had to sort it out ourselves. Two came right back, one did when it was explained, one is trying but is being told she is already in a clan which, of course, now she is not. Four were inactive and due for removal.

We nearly lost a good clan member, until we sorted it out and explained, and one is not being allowed to return. No one got a pm of the 4 who are back or trying to be back. How does that person get cleared?

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
jellykans
carbonphyber

We had 9 members removed, and no one received a pm about it, we had to sort it out ourselves. Two came right back, one did when it was explained, one is trying but is being told she is already in a clan which, of course, now she is not. Four were inactive and due for removal.

We nearly lost a good clan member, until we sorted it out and explained, and one is not being allowed to return. No one got a pm of the 4 who are back or trying to be back. How does that person get cleared?
There was a snafu with one of the script passes -- I think some users didn't receive PM notices. I apologize for that. I'm doing something that we don't normally do and have no way to test before I run scripts.

Users that are getting errors for "already being in a clan" are, in fact, already part of a clan. The problem is (and always was) that we don't allow users to see a list of all clans they are apart of). Part of the problem is that clans were an after thought and they weren't coded to show you which _other_ clans you were apart of (because they were developed with the assumption that users would only be members of one clan).

Currently, everyone who was a "regular user" in a clan was dropped from those clans. Some users are crew/Cap/ViceCap of one or more clan(s). I'm still trying to sort out a good way for those users to pick which Clans they wish to remain apart of.

Hilarious Autobiographer

6,000 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
OMG!! ur avi is soooooo pawesome!!!!!!!!
hate that game horrible dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces