Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Hey everyone!

Did you know that June is Fishing Month in a lot of states, and that a lot of the fishing tournaments take place starting in June? Logan and I were talking about this, and we decided to celebrate Fishing month and our passionate Gaia fishers by organizing a tournament on Gaia too!

So - think you can fish well? Think you have what it takes to compete? If so, then you'll want to participate in the 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament. Winners of the competition will receive a fabulous prize pack including a rare fish, Gaia gold, and most exciting, a special fishing trophy that you'll only be able to get from winning the tournament!!!

Time to fish or cut bait folks - show us just how great a fisher you are! Tournament details below!

Take care and happy fishing!
Sisky & Logan

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

yum_shrimp yum_salmon 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament Rules & Info yum_salmon yum_shrimp

What is this tournament about?
This is the 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament! It's about fun, and being the best of the best in the fishing community! Or you know, at least really, really dedicated to fishing! The contest is open to all Gaians regardless of your fishing abilities - join the fun! You never know, you might win!

How long will the tournament last?
The 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament will run from 12:00 am PT on June 1st, 2013 until 11:59 pm PT on June 30th, 2013. Basically, for the whole month of June! All fish caught during this time will be eligible toward your tournament totals.

How does the tournament work - how can I win?
Great question! There are a couple of ways you can be a winner in the1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament: Be one of the top overall fishers with the most total fish from all lakes, and/or be one of the top overall fishers in one specific lake. Below are the competition categories for the tournament - there will be 3 winners in each competition category:
Quote:

Category 1: Most Fish Caught Overall (All Lakes).
The top 3 people who catch the most fish from all fishing areas combined will be eligible for this prize. Compare this to the monthly trophy awards for Top Overall Fisher except in this competition the total number of fish caught is the most important factor rather than the weight/value of a specific fish. You must have 1/4 of your fish caught from Bass'ken Lake, 1/4 from the Port of Gambino, 1/4 from the Durem Reclamation Facility, and the remaining 1/4 can be from anywhere you like.

Category 2: Most Fish Caught in Bass'ken Lake
The top 3 people who catch the most fish from Bass'ken Lake will be eligible for this prize. Compare this to the monthly trophy awards for Bass'ken Lake fishing.

Category 3: Most Fish Caught in Port of Gambino
The top 3 people who catch the most fish from Port of Gambino will be eligible for this prize. Compare this to the monthly trophy awards for fishing at the Port of Gambino.

Category 4: Most Fish Caught in Durem Reclamation Facility
The top 3 people who catch the most fish from Durem Reclamation Facility will be eligible for this prize. Compare this to the monthly trophy awards for fishing at the Durem Reclamation Facility.

How many times am I eligible to win?
Great question! Each fisher can win up to two spots, if he or she is so inclined to try and do so. You may be a winner in the Top Overall Fisher and one other lake if you want to go for it. You may not, however, win for top spot in more than one lake. For example, you could be a winner in the Most Fish Caught Overall category and a winner in the Most Fish Caught in Port of Gambino categories but you can't also win for Most Fish Caught in Durem Reclamation Facility or Most Fish Caught in Bass'ken Lake. Basically, you could win one prize for Most Fish Overall (all lakes) and one prize for Most Fish in one specific lake - that is the more you can win!

Can I be disqualified, and if so, what would get me disqualified?
We want this competition to be fun and fair for all fishers. Normal rules for fishing apply here - anything that might get you disqualified for a regular fishing trophy will also get you disqualified from the tournament and will carry the same disciplinary actions against your account. Basically, no cheating! You can only use one account to enter the tournament - no mules also fishing to try and get more trophies and you may not let someone else fish for you when you cannot be at your computer. Also, no botting, scamming, abusing other people, hacking the game to profit, etc.

While the tournament is going on, can we still win the usual monthly fishing trophies too?
Sure can! These are not affected by the tournament, so you could possibly win both depending on how good a fisher you are!

So, what could I possibly win?!?!
Great question! Winners of this tournament will get a prize pack based on which category they win! Below are the categories and prizes that will be offered:

Quote:

Category 1: Most Fish Caught Overall (All Lakes).
Each winner in this category will receive the following prize pack: A special fishing trophy created just for this tournament, 5 rare fish of his/her choice, and 1,000,000 Gaia gold.

Category 2: Most Fish Caught in Bass'ken Lake
Each winner in this category will receive the following prize pack: A special fishing trophy created just for this tournament, 1 rare fish of his/her choice, and 50,000 Gaia gold.

Category 3: Most Fish Caught in Port of Gambino
Each winner in this category will receive the following prize pack: A special fishing trophy created just for this tournament, 2 rare fish of his/her choice, and 150,000 Gaia gold.

Category 4: Most Fish Caught in Durem Reclamation Facility
Each winner in this category will receive the following prize pack: A special fishing trophy created just for this tournament, 3 rare fish of his/her choice, and 250,000 Gaia gold.

Are there going to be any bonus prizes for hanging out and being sociable in this thread?!
Actually, yes! While you won't win the special trophy or rare fish, you have to fish for those, we'll be having a weekly draw for three winners who will each receive 100,000 gold! All you have to do is post in this thread and be sociable with other fishers! Please be aware, however, that spam posts, bumps, or gibberish won't be eligible to win. Also, if you post content that violates our Terms of Service, you will be ineligible to win.

Also, you can win the weekly bonus gold prize even if you are trying for the tournament prizes, so feel free to use this thread as a place to chat while you fish! biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

yum_shrimp yum_salmon 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament Weekly Bonus Prize Winners yum_salmon yum_shrimp

Congrats to the following Gaians who have won the weekly bonus gold prize of 100,000 gold!

Week 1:
1) Paro-Daryl
2) Rothus
3) Revanant Destroyer

Week 2:
1) Tsukihime Misaki
2) Celestial_Lioness
3) Leeam Ailiaseav

Week 3:
1) Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals
2) Pclip
3) Cree_Luvs

Week 4:
1) Leeam Ailiaseav
2) Bria_Teragram
3) roy williams

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

yum_shrimp yum_salmon 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament Winners List yum_salmon yum_shrimp

Congrats to the following fishers - you've shown you are the best of the best in the Gaia fishing world. Well done! biggrin

Top 3 Fishers Who Caught the Most Fish in Bass'ken lake are:
Username # of Fish Caught
Advent Children Complete 53339
idleRAT 46224
Octoepus 23328

Top 3 Fishers Who Caught the Most Fish in Port of Gambino are:
Eccentric Occult 25607
User Image 19380
ODINs choise 18054

Top 3 Fishers Who Caught the Most Fish in Durem Reclamation Facility are:
Shirlox 24915
Nickwan 23586
-peach- 21100

Top 3 Fishers Who Caught the Most Fish in All 3 Lakes are:
Forever Autumn 45117
Wakatau 37031
oh my eyes 36000

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

yum_shrimp yum_salmon 1st Annual Gaia Pro-Fishing Tournament News & Updates yum_salmon yum_shrimp

If we need to post some information for you, we'll put it here! biggrin

Spoopy Specter

yay biggrin

Spoopy Specter

Surprised of the lack of posts :c

Spoopy Specter

The Dardy Sing

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Niccolo Ammaniti
The Dardy Sing
how long have you been working on that collection?

Spoopy Specter

Wolliw
Niccolo Ammaniti
The Dardy Sing

Almost a year o:

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
Niccolo Ammaniti
Wolliw
Niccolo Ammaniti
The Dardy Sing

Almost a year o:
wow...well, you've done well.

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
Well this place is empty....how is everyone?

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
to be honest, I wish this event was happening this month! xD

But all the same, I'll give it another go I guess haha..

Spoopy Specter

Wolliw
Niccolo Ammaniti
Wolliw
Niccolo Ammaniti
The Dardy Sing

Almost a year o:
wow...well, you've done well.

Spoopy Specter

The Dardy Sing
to be honest, I wish this event was happening this month! xD

But all the same, I'll give it another go I guess haha..

Tell me when you are fishing, so I can join you biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces