Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Wow, it's hard to believe it has been 10 years since Gaia started - what an amazing accomplishment! Think about it - this community has been around for a DECADE! eek It is even more impressive when you think about this in terms of internet sites. A lot of sites barely make it past their second or third year, so to make it to 10 years is phenomenal - we are so amazed!

And speaking of being amazed, we are most amazed with the remarkable community we have. You really are the most creative, compassionate, witty, clever, bright, talented group of people and it has been our extreme pleasure to get to know. We are honored to have been able to share your lives with you, and are grateful for the pleasure of your friendship and loyalty. Personally, I think you all are one of the best reasons so celebrate this Gaiaversary with a contest. And not just any contest - a super-fantastic 2003-2013 Monthly Collectible (MC) letter giveaway to celebrate these past 10 years.

Read below on contest details and how you can enter!

Happy Gaiaversary everyone - thanks for being so amazing! biggrin
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_nitemareleft Sisky's 10th Gaiaversary "Collecting Memories" Rules gaia_angelright gaia_nitemareright

How does the Sisky's 10th Gaiaversary "Collecting Memories" Contest work?
From February 9th - February 18th I'll be giving away a super fantastic daily prize of one Monthly Collectible letter item from 2003-2013 and 250,000 Gaia gold to one lucky winner who will be randomly selected from that day's entries!

I love winning expensive Monthly Collectible letters or items - how do I enter this amazing contest!?!?
Entering the contest is easy! All you have to do is post contest acceptable content in the contest thread to be eligible for that day's prize. For example, if you post in the thread on February 9th, you'll be eligible to win the prize being offered on February 9th. See? Pretty easy to enter, right?

Wait a minute Sisky - this seems very much like a repeat of your "12 Days of Siskmas" contest - is it!?!?
Well, sort of! It functions in the same way, but the prizes are different - much different! And there is much less eggnog involved. Besides, I had a LOT of positive feedback on that contest and was asked to remake a similar contest. Gotta give you what you want! (within reason of course hehe!) biggrin

Can I also post on secondary (aka mule) accounts to enter for a chance to win the prizes?
No, you can only post on one account for the contest, so pick the account you want to use, and enter on that! Anyone found to be using mules to try and win an item will be disqualified.

Do I have to post anything specific to win?
Not really, but no posting just "bump" or a random smiley face. This is a social community contest thread, so hang out, chat, make new friends or chat with old friends! I'd love to hear your favorite stories about Gaia over the years, so feel free to share!

If we post our favorite memories of Gaia and our post happens to also be randomly selected as a winner, can we have some bonus gold?
Sure, why not! If you post about one of your favorite Gaia memories and that post happens to be randomly selected as a daily prize winner, you'll also win a bonus 250,000 gold in addition to the Monthly Collectible Letter prize and 250,000 Gaia gold!

Anything I should avoid posting or that will get me disqualified?
As usual, posting content that is inappropriate for Gaia or which violates our Terms of Service or Rules & Guidelines will be disqualified and you could get warned or worse, so avoid that type of content! As well, this is not meant to be a "bumping" only thread, so entries that just say "bump" or which appear to be intended to be just "bumps" will be disqualified. Also, no repeatedly spamming up the thread with random fact posts - this happened in my holiday thread, and after a while, it feels like bumping so not this time!

How will the giveaway contest winners be picked?
Great question! A random page number and post number will be randomly selected from all posts made in the thread on each day of the contest. For example, all posts made between 12:00 am PT and 11:59 pm PT on February 11th will be eligible to win the February 11th prize as long as they meet the contest content requirements and rules.

I also am basing entries on Pacific Time, which is my time zone, so take that into consideration when you are trying for a prize! Or you know, just post every day for the duration of the contest to try for them all!

Can International Gaians enter this contest?
Sure! This contest is open to all Gaians. As long as your country allows you to participate in such giveaway contests, you are free to enter! (By entering you acknowledge that you checked and your country does allow you to enter such contests! biggrin )

Ok Sisky, I have to ask - WHAT ARE THE PRIZES GOING TO BE FOR THIS CONTEST?!?!
I knew you'd ask! Since we are celebrating 10 years of Gaia Online and the memories we have collected, I thought it would be fun to give away a Monthly Collectible Letter from each year Gaia Online has been around.

Each day of the contest, at least one winner will win a Monthly Collectible Letter from a specific year. One day will have two MC prizes to accommodate all the years of Gaia. The super fun part of this contest is that the winner will be able to decide which month's collectible letter he/she wants to receive from that year.

Below are the contest dates and the years of the Thank You Collectible (MC) Letters that will be given away on that date:
February 9th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2004 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 10th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2008 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 11th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2010 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 12th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2005 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 13th -Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2011 and 250,000 Gaia
February 14th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2009 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 15th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2006 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 16th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2007 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 17th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2012 and 250,000 Gaia gold
February 18th - One winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2003 and 250,000 Gaia gold and another winner gets a Thank You Letter for 2013 and 250,000 Gaia gold

Wait a moment Sisky - you are giving away a Monthly Collectible Letter from 2003 and the winner gets to pick the month of the letter they want - does this mean I could possibly win an Angelic Halo?
Yep, if that is the item for the month you pick, then Angelic Halo it is!

I thought you guys said you'd never re-release these items again - why are you giving them away? That seems unfair!
Ok, let me just clear the air on the whole "You said you'd never release items ever again!!11!!" concept before any fight ensues! The spirit of that statement, as I understand it, was intended to mean that we would never re-sell, or mass sell, that specific letter/item in the Cash Shop again. This was not meant to imply that we wouldn't, occasionally, have giveaways and let a limited number of items work their way into the community to dedicated community members.

Wait - really, I could possibly win an Angelic Halo?
Sure, if you are lucky enough to win on that day and that is the MC Letter you pick.

Is there an easy place where I can see all the MC items over the years so I know which month to pick if I win?
Great question! You can see all previously released MC items by visiting the Collectibles Museum page located at: http://www.gaiaonline.com/collectibles/museum/

If you click the "Prev" link at the bottom of the Museum page, you can scroll through the past years' MC items! You can even try them on in the preview window and see how they look on your avatar biggrin

I won a prize and now I am getting pm's out the wazoo from people begging for my item or trying to phish my account. What can I do?
Ahhh, such is the nature of winning fabulous prizes! Imagine people that win the big lottery - suddenly they are inundated by requests from cousins 10 times removed they never heard of before the win!

If you are a big winner, and people message you for your prize, you can either tell them thanks but no thanks, or see if they might have something you want to trade your item for! If they don't have a suitable offer for you, then tell them thanks but no thanks and to p lease not message you again about the item. If they continue to harass you for the item after you've told them no, report them! We'll handle it smile

Also, never give away or share your password - anyone asking for passwords should be reported for phishing!

And if you didn't win one of the prizes but want to make an offer for it, make sure you have a fair offer for the winner. Don't send begging pm's trying to coerce them into giving you their stuff. That is annoying and not cool!

Hey - is this contest official?
Yes King Awesomolocity, it is official!

I don't really like contests and/or I feel there are too many contests lately - do you happen to have a disgruntled contest mascot which best expresses my feelings about this?
Yes, yes I do. Thanks to the fabulous Gaian Sinsario, who drew this Disgruntled Contest Ferret to illustrate this very sentiment! The ferret currently doesn't have a name though. I think we'll have to have a contest in the future to pick a name for it:
User Image

I love that mascot! Do you happen to have any OTHER Disgruntled Contest Ferret mascots I can look at?
Funny you should ask! We have just received another Disgruntled Contest Ferret from the fabulous x_Cielle_x. She did name it Harold though, so need for a naming contest!:
User Image

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_nitemareleft Sisky's 10th Gaiaversary "Collecting Memories" Giveaway Prizes gaia_angelright gaia_nitemareright

Here is a clear list of the contest dates and the prizes that will be awarded to the winner(s) of that day's prize(s)!:

• February 9th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2004 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 10th - One winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2008 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 11th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2010 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 12th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2005 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 13th - One winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2011 and 250,000 Gaia

• February 14th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2009 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 15th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2006 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 16th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2007 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 17th - Winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2012 and 250,000 Gaia gold

• February 18th - One winner gets a collectible Thank You Letter for 2003 and 250,000 Gaia gold and another winner gets a Thank You Letter for 2013 and 250,000 Gaia gold

*Winners may pick the month of the collectible letter they wish to receive. For example, if you win the February 9th drawing for the 2004 MC Letter, you can pick one letter from any month in 2004 (e.g. a January 2004 letter, a September 2004 letter, etc.)

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_nitemareleft Sisky's 10th Gaiaversary "Collecting Memories" Winners List! gaia_angelright gaia_nitemareright

• February 9th Winner: of a Thank You Letter for 2004 and 250,000 Gaia gold is Twizted Child Eve

• February 10th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2008 and 250,000 Gaia gold is KittenGrey

• February 11th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2010 and 250,000 Gaia gold is The Solarised Night

• February 12th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2005 and 250,000 Gaia gold is King Awesomolocity

• February 13th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2011 and 250,000 Gaia gold is wilderness.magic

• February 14th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2009 and 250,000 Gaia gold is suishohatake

• February 15th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2006 and 250,000 Gaia gold is -i- Luciferian -i-

• February 16th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2007 and 250,000 Gaia gold is Dark_Maiden_Queen

• February 17th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2012 and 250,000 Gaia gold is Javier Cross

• February 18th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2013 and 250,000 Gaia gold is iheartshrooms

• February 18th winner: Of a Thank You Letter for 2003 and 250,000 Gaia gold is Cambrie Noel
  • Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
    • Jack-pot 100
    • Cheercrusher 50
    User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_nitemareleft Sisky's 10th Gaiaversary "Collecting Memories" Updates and Info! gaia_angelright gaia_nitemareright

If there are any updates or info about the contest that need to be posted, I'll put them here! biggrin

Bonus Daily Prize for February 10th to Celebrate the Chinese New Year! biggrin

Happy Chinese New year everyone! Special wishes of good fortune and prosperity to all Gaians, especially our Chinese Gaians for whom this is a very special day - hope you are having a great day with family and friends!

Since today marks the Chinese New Year and it is the Year of the Snake, I'll be having a BONUS contest today: One lucky winner who posts in this contest thread today (Feb. 10th, 2013 PST) will win a Lunar Snake Bundle. A recent addition to the Cash Shop, I happen to have an extra bundle and I'm going to give it away!

Best of luck to everyone, and hope the Year of the Snake is a good one for you all! biggrin
    Sisky

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
    • Noble Shade 100
    • Hatacular Ferret 500
    • Angelic Alliance 100

Posting is legit now? Yes? YES?!?!

Well then, here's to ten more years Sisky! heart

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Oh wow awesome! 8D

to 100 MORE YEARS OF GAIA!

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Sisky ilu emotion_kirakira

Also, as many more years to Gaia as their are pixels in the universe emotion_dealwithit

Dangerous Businessman

8,200 Points
    • Gaian 50
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Member 100
    emotion_bigheart Happy 10th Anniversary Gaians emotion_bigheart

I Noticed You's Problem

Snarky Bear

50,840 Points
    • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
    • Garish Bear! ʕ•㉨•ʔ 500
    • 捕まりました☆ 500
    Happy 10th! biggrin

(dang what crazy prizes siskychan uvu)

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
    • 50 Wins 150
    • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    All these days and I didnt edit this

Much love to gaia, congrats on the 10 years, and heres to the next 10 ^_^

Ruthless Shapeshifter

The most memorable times I've had on Gaia was basically when the first
    Evolving Items were introduced. 8D My most favorite being the Inari's Beads.

I still remember helping out with the suggestions thread in site feedback and waiting in
    anxiety if any of our suggestions and hints were actually implemented
    in the next evolution. Everyone got to discuss the storyline of the items
    and basically formed a nice and awesome group around each awesome
    EI.

I was so happy that I was able to predict a pose or two from Inaris.
    Which is probably, even though I don't use it much, I have all the Inari
    Beads items and spin offs until now. 8D Ah good memories.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
    • Jack-pot 100
    • Cheercrusher 50
    iymcool

Posting is legit now? Yes? YES?!?!

Well then, here's to ten more years Sisky! heart

YES! YES! 10 more years! <3

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

Oh my goodness! Dem prizes! Do you guys see dem prizes?! eek

Waaaant. emotion_drool

(Happy 10th, Gaia!!! ILU MUAH!!)

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
    • Jack-pot 100
    • Cheercrusher 50
    Yorugami
    Oh wow awesome! 8D

to 100 MORE YEARS OF GAIA!

YES! 100 more years! Though I'll have to attend functions as a ghost at that point XD

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff