Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Member

2,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
at my job some people leave out fast food mayonnaise packets on the kitchen microwave for anybody who want to use. but i dont use them because isn't mayonnaise a food you have to refrigerate?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i even refrigerate my honey mustard and bbq sauce packets. can anyone confirm if those need to be refrigerated too?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Grey_Revenant's Husbando

Sparkly Blob

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Party Member 100
Mayo is shelf stable, so until you open it it doesn't have to be refrigerated. Unless of course it is wildly hot. I wouldn't leave it in the sun/a hot car and eat it.

Shameless Man-Lover

If the packets are in a cool, dry place, they're perfectly fine. Just don't leave them in your car or something on a hot day, or they'll separate or get gross.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
They don't require refrigeration. That's kind of the point of condiment packets.

Your honey mustard and bbq sauce should be fine, as well. Some of the larger single serving cups do require refrigeration but the package will clearly state if this is the case.

Lonely Gaian

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
It's advisable to move the condiment packets a little further away from the microwave. When the microwave heats up, it may spoil the mayo.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Refrigerate after opening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers