Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I just made a pumpkin pie and I've got enough filling left over to practically make another. I could make another, but do I really need two pies? I want to make something else!

The filling is already mixed up with the eggs, cream and spices. It's a thicker, creamier recipe than traditional pumpkin pie. Has added egg yolks and cream cheese....

What else can I do with this stuff? I know I can make a pudding of it, and there's also pumpkin bread and muffins... Anyone have other interesting ideas?

Right now I'm leaning towards muffins.

Friendly Fairy

Yeah, you don't have to make another pie... you can make tarts instead... just sayin'.

Muffins sound delicious, but do you have enough for, like, a loaf? A pumpkin loaf? Some sort of delicious sliceable cake that you can top with a delicate sugary glaze (with maple for the win).

Apocalyptic Fatcat

I'm very tempted to get the ingredients and make these on a day I have off:
Noble Pig - Pumpkin Caramel Bars with Bacon

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Amy Reinvented
Yeah, you don't have to make another pie... you can make tarts instead... just sayin'.

Muffins sound delicious, but do you have enough for, like, a loaf? A pumpkin loaf? Some sort of delicious sliceable cake that you can top with a delicate sugary glaze (with maple for the win).

Oh, I know the type you mean! I made strawberry bread like that recently.. Come to think of it, the batter was similar in consistency to the pumpkin filling I have now, right down to the added cream cheese. With just a little tailoring it would work very well.

Akyrin
I'm very tempted to get the ingredients and make these on a day I have off:
Noble Pig - Pumpkin Caramel Bars with Bacon

My god... That looks awesome!

I'm so tempted to do this. Maybe I'll run out and get bacon tomorrow.
Feed it to me please. Lol actually I like pumpkin pie cookies, they're pretty simple but soooo good.

Greedy Giver

cream together 2 parts cream cheese, 1 part sour creme and 1 part corn starch, then put in your leftover pumpkin pie filling, pour it in a gram cracker pie crust (or even just a deep pan lined with tin foil if you want something a bit different than pie)

or you could mix it into flour (and baking soda) and a pinch of salt till it comes together in a loose dough you could fry up almost like a pancake? you would probably want to add some more fat to that recipe too...
make blondies brownies and when they're done and cooled spread the pie filling on top
scream heart
You might be able to make a soup out of it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas