Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Romantic Entrepreneur

10,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Autobiographer 200
fire_and_ice_dragoness
I'm from the USA. Southern Ohio specifically.

I would say cheese coneys (hotdogs with chili sauce and cheese), 3 ways (spaghetti with chili sauce, cheese, and sometimes other things), and buckeyes (a peanut butter and chocolate candy).

Ugh i miss my cheese coneys .. and chili cheese dip gah xD

Invisible Genius

Beer Brats and Cheese Curds.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I live in Timmins, Ontario and the local food is... POUTINE!

mmm.

Fresh cut fries.. homemade beef gravy & Quebec cheese curds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Generous Giver

ARMED BEARS
I've lived in three states , Washington way up by Canada , 80 miles north of Seattle in a boonies town , the favorite was home made salmon jerky or smoked salmon if you prefer

Yes! Salmon jerky! So good!

I'm from Washington. Our local food is salmon and pumpkin. Sometimes together. I love pumpkin soup with smoked salmon in it. So good.

We also have Seattle Dogs which are hot dogs with Sriracha and cream cheese.
PoultryChamp
ARMED BEARS
I've lived in three states , Washington way up by Canada , 80 miles north of Seattle in a boonies town , the favorite was home made salmon jerky or smoked salmon if you prefer

Yes! Salmon jerky! So good!

I'm from Washington. Our local food is salmon and pumpkin. Sometimes together. I love pumpkin soup with smoked salmon in it. So good.

We also have Seattle Dogs which are hot dogs with Sriracha and cream cheese.
yeah now I'm in Wyoming I say salmon jerky people are like "huhh?" so I gotta explain smoked salmon lol , king was the best, I lived way up in Concrete past mt. Vernon , east of Bellingham

Magic GO

I live in the mountains in the U.S. and we have lots of local foods.

Bleenies, halushki, pierogies, and flitch among others. I'm not originally from here, so I wasn't used to a lot of the grease and sweetness. I still only eat it once in a while. It took me a while to get used to how sweet flitch is. It's a soft candy made out of potato and confectioner's sugar which creates a dough and then you spread on peanut butter, roll it up like a jelly roll and slice. It's crazy-good but super sweet.
Where I live we have toasted ravioli heart
but to be honest I never had it before. Mostly because it has beef in it and my family eats vegetarian when we eat out, most people like it.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
apparently its a certain type of burrito, but its got a ton of stuff on it I'm not fond of
I have no idea what DCs thing is. As another poster pointed out, mumbo sauce doesn't count as it's just a sauce. A lot of people say it's the half-smoke but tbh I think that's overrated. Every tourist knows about Ben's Chili Bowl but I don't know any locals who eat there regularly.

I saw an article the other day listing the "U-street taco" as a signature DC food, even though that's totally a fake (and gross) thing invented by City Paper as a joke. Seems nobody knows what DC's food is.

Maybe it has to be mumbo sauce after all.

Can getting drunk at brunch be a signature dish? Because that happens a lot.

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Beavertails. emotion_kirakira (And no, it's a not a real tail, and it's not from a beaver. It's just called that.)

Lop

I've lived in Philly for forever and couple are:
-cheesesteaks: I don't consider them a delicacy, the famous places are pretty much tourist "must-haves-before-they-leave"
-scrapple: leftover bits in pork or whatever, fried (never had it but sounds fine)
-John's roast pork
-water ice
Since I live in the Asian part: beef and chicken sticks; it's beef and chicken bbq skewers.

Hygienic Streaker

Yellow watermelon and sweet onion the size of a grape fruit

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm from California. I really don't know what our local delicacy is, and I don't think In-N-Out counts. But where I specifically live in California, it's an agricultural area, so I guess there are lots of fruit trees and fruit/vegetable gardens around. The university I attended as an undergrad also sells their own meats and dairy.

Fuzzy Kitten

xXFurygeistXx
Fried chicken and pork bbq would be my guess. xd

Hell yes! Fried catfish, frog legs, everything with a ton of butter and ozzing with possible diabetes!

Sarcastic Prophet

19,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm too lazy to check the posts, but I live near Chicago and we have a few delicacies.

Chicago-style popcorn: Cheddar cheese popcorn mixed with carmel popcorn. DIVINE.

Deep dish pizza: To be honest, I never tried it before. I really should in the near future.

Chicago-style hot dog: Poppy seed hot dog bun with a shitload of toppings. Heard it was pretty good.

Sorry if I missed anything. My memory is s**t. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces