Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I bought spicy Italian sausage a while ago, and I don't really know what to do with it anymore. Originally I was using it for breakfast (like with eggs and stuff) but that's getting a bit boring. Anyway, they're raw and I need to bake them for like 20 minutes. I really want to get rid of them so I can clear up my freezer space.

So:
a) What dishes can I make with spicy Italian sausage?
b) What's your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
c) Milk, coffee, tea, OJ or other?
1) You can remove the casing and turn it into ground italian sausage for spaghetti!

2) Umm, I'd say eggs.

3) I strictly stick with water.

smile

Green Smoker

You can remove the casing & mix the sausage with lean ground beef. Then use it in burgers, lasagne, meatballs or stuffed peppers if that's your thing. I'd say cut it with lean ground beef just in case the pork in the sausage has a lot of fat in it. That way you don't end up with an overly greasy meal. If the sausage isn't too fatty you can skip the beef & just use it in the recipes above. I sometimes use sausage when making meaty meals for my husband. He loved the flavor of it in lasagne.

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
gonk Does it have paprika in? ❞

Trash Witch

Mix it with beef and make it into meatballs! o u o

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Morgue
You can remove the casing & mix the sausage with lean ground beef. Then use it in burgers, lasagne, meatballs or stuffed peppers if that's your thing. I'd say cut it with lean ground beef just in case the pork in the sausage has a lot of fat in it. That way you don't end up with an overly greasy meal. If the sausage isn't too fatty you can skip the beef & just use it in the recipes above. I sometimes use sausage when making meaty meals for my husband. He loved the flavor of it in lasagne.

That sounds yummy! I'll probably have to mix in some lean mince because it is soooper fatty and salty. Thanks for the input! My boyfriend would definitely like these ideas. xd

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
spellslave
gonk Does it have paprika in? ❞

IT DOESN'T SPECIFY gonk
Although it does say it contains "spices", which is really helpful. :c

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Raya Kioma
Mix it with beef and make it into meatballs! o u o

Yaaaaasssss emotion_drool

Green Smoker

SquidIt
Morgue

That sounds yummy! I'll probably have to mix in some lean mince because it is soooper fatty and salty. Thanks for the input! My boyfriend would definitely like these ideas. xd

You're most welcome. I'm glad to help! biggrin What I love about this forum is that we can all inspire each other & break out of cooking ruts. Now that I think about it, sausage stuffed mushrooms are another thing you can make. Or stuffed cabbage. Or even pasta dishes! Can't wait until it's summer grilling season again, since I'll probably make fresh sausage from scratch for my hubby & my dog. I'm not into red meat but I like to prepare it for them, hehe!
Italian sausage can be transformed into a lot of things. It's basically spiced pork. Make meatballs, break it into an egg scramble, use it to flavor rice and veggies, toss it with some potatoes and onions for a casserole, make Italian wedding soup with spinach and cream, stuff some peppers. Sky is the limit.

For breakfast, I like quiches, bacon, toast and butter, or maybe a nice loaded omelet with mushrooms, peppers and cheese. I'm a fan of raspberry lemonade and some good coffee.
You can do so much with Italian Sausages including eat them as they are!
Place them in the oven, slice them in half when they're done cooking and serve them with some sautéed mushrooms, peppers, and onions, put it all in a hoagie roll, and with some spicy mustard. Serve it up with some homemade chips, and boom! Instant lunch or dinner.

You could also broil your sausage, slice it up, toss it into some Alfredo sauce and serve it with some angel hair pasta, and another instant lunch or dinner.

OJ and Water, and sometime Juice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces