Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

When I move into my apartment I plan on going vegan, any tips or good cookbooks for a vegan on a college budget (ie no money)?

I'm already vegetarian so I have a few cookbooks of that sort.

I don't have any vegan cookbooks because I normally just use google, but if you're on a budget try to avoid "replacement" foods as they tend to be expensive. When buying fruits/veggies go for frozen ones if they are not in season.

Yeah I don't usually like those anyway. Occasionally I'll buy veggie chicken nuggets because I ******** LOVED CHICKEN NUGGETS but most of the other stuff is meh

Frozen, I hadn't thought of that actually. Thanks!

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

When I move into my apartment I plan on going vegan, any tips or good cookbooks for a vegan on a college budget (ie no money)?

I don't have any vegan cookbooks because I normally just use google, but if you're on a budget try to avoid "replacement" foods as they tend to be expensive. When buying fruits/veggies go for frozen ones if they are not in season.

Yeah I don't usually like those anyway. Occasionally I'll buy veggie chicken nuggets because I ******** LOVED CHICKEN NUGGETS but most of the other stuff is meh

I've abused those in the past lol now they gross me out.
I find my biggest expense is produce and buying frozen helps. I like the brand pictsweet because they have things like mustard greens and lima beans.
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

Vegan with a vengeance is hella awesome and most of the recipes are reasonably priced(at least for me, I live some where where I can't get some of the more 'exotic' ingredients).

Oh! Student's Go Vegan tops Vwav easily. No recipe requires a special to trip to the health food/asian market and I haven't had a bad one yet.

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

I find my biggest expense is produce and buying frozen helps. I like the brand pictsweet because they have things like mustard greens and lima beans.

We do have a couple of different farmer's markets in the area that will hopefully help. But I will definitely be buying frozen stuff smile

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Peppermint Cherry
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

Vegan with a vengeance is hella awesome and most of the recipes are reasonably priced(at least for me, I live some where where I can't get some of the more 'exotic' ingredients).

Oh! Student's Go Vegan tops Vwav easily. No recipe requires a special to trip to the health food/asian market and I haven't had a bad one yet.

Nice! Is that a book? Or is it online? The SGV?

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

We do have a couple of different farmer's markets in the area that will hopefully help. But I will definitely be buying frozen stuff smile

I love farmer's markets smile
I haven't ventured to any big ones, but the people who run the small one by my house are super sweet and they always pick out the best produce for me. I got some early season peaches last week that were super tasty despite it being only May.
Cimex Nympho
Peppermint Cherry
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

It's a book, and a super cheap one too. I got my brand new looking, used, copy for under 7 dollars on amazon. Well worth it, and if you're trying to get out of paying shipping(like I am, I don't buy anything off of amazon unless there's enough other things want to equal 25$), get vwav at the same time, or any other vegan cookbook that you think you might like smile
These are absolutely delicious and pretty nice to look at too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh, I'm super excited! I just got a Magic Bullet! I've been wanting one for years!

I hate it because right now I'm on a really strict diet and can't eat normal food for a few weeks, but I'm so eager to try new recipes.

The first thing I want to try is mock tuna. I've been craving tuna like mad, so I'm thinking some tofu, kelp powder and mayo would make a nice simple recipe. I also want to make "chicken" salad out of Quorn Naked Chicken Cutlets. I hardly eat fake meat anymore but the craving is too strong. Cook the chick'n in a pan with some seasonings, maybe lemon pepper and onion, toss it in the Magic Bullet with avocado and mustard (I like to use those instead of mayo) and maybe some walnuts and apple chunks.

I also have a quick recipe to make tomato soup too!

Gah. I'm so excited to try these things. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Captain McGreen
Oh, I'm super excited! I just got a Magic Bullet! I've been wanting one for years!

I hate it because right now I'm on a really strict diet and can't eat normal food for a few weeks, but I'm so eager to try new recipes.

The first thing I want to try is mock tuna. I've been craving tuna like mad, so I'm thinking some tofu, kelp powder and mayo would make a nice simple recipe. I also want to make "chicken" salad out of Quorn Naked Chicken Cutlets. I hardly eat fake meat anymore but the craving is too strong. Cook the chick'n in a pan with some seasonings, maybe lemon pepper and onion, toss it in the Magic Bullet with avocado and mustard (I like to use those instead of mayo) and maybe some walnuts and apple chunks.

I also have a quick recipe to make tomato soup too!

Gah. I'm so excited to try these things. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I feel like that might make a puree rather than ive you the texture of tuna or shredded chicken 0.o

I have no idea what to make in one of those. I have always wanted a magic bullet, but alas, no counter space to spare =/

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

I haven't ventured to any big ones, but the people who run the small one by my house are super sweet and they always pick out the best produce for me. I got some early season peaches last week that were super tasty despite it being only May.

We actually have three or four running around here, though they're all small. I haven't had the chance to go, but I can't wait to see what all they have!

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Peppermint Cherry
Cimex Nympho
Peppermint Cherry
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Hi smile

It's a book, and a super cheap one too. I got my brand new looking, used, copy for under 7 dollars on amazon. Well worth it, and if you're trying to get out of paying shipping(like I am, I don't buy anything off of amazon unless there's enough other things want to equal 25$), get vwav at the same time, or any other vegan cookbook that you think you might like smile

Yessss. Thank you! I love books T__T

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho

We actually have three or four running around here, though they're all small. I haven't had the chance to go, but I can't wait to see what all they have!

If I feel like venturing in to the city, there is a bigger one. Mine always has these really good mini cucumbers. They are meant for pickling but they make an amazing snack.

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho

If I feel like venturing in to the city, there is a bigger one. Mine always has these really good mini cucumbers. They are meant for pickling but they make an amazing snack.

I've been snackin' away on avocado like a crazy person.

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho
Harmony-Miryam
Cimex Nympho

I've been snackin' away on avocado like a crazy person.

ffffff avocado emotion_drool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces