Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
There used to be a coffee thread on this forum and I tried to comment on it just now, but it wouldn't let me since the thread is old now. So, I decided to renew The Coffee Thread!

It's funny because up until a month ago, I really wouldn't go anywhere near coffee. The closest I ever got were iced cappucinos or the occasional small iced coffee.

But, alas, university happened. One of my many first-year screwups was the decision to take 8:30am classes every. Single. Day. Ugh. So by the end of the second week, needless to say, I was pretty desperate for a pick-me-up, so I kinda forced myself to buy a cup from the campus cafe every day. And now I've invested in a coffee maker and one of those big canisters of Folgers Medium Roast.

As a new coffee drinker, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I like my coffee, but for a regular-sized mug it's typically a splash of milk and a spoonful of sugar. I'd like to try those flavoured coffee creams, but I had a nasty experience with a convenience store flavour shot and just...ugh. No.

How do you like your coffee? Do you go for the basic stuff or a fancy drink?
Favorite coffee stores/brands?
How long have you been hooked?
Iced Coffee is my fav, venti, half and half and 3 splenda. basic iced coffee is fine with me.
my best friend works at Starbucks, i get a free coffee here and there once in a while.
and i'm not hooked just that once in a while drinks. I tried it spiked with a little baileys lol. But try Irish Cream creamer, its good.
Chunkzilla
Iced Coffee is my fav, venti, half and half and 3 splenda. basic iced coffee is fine with me.
my best friend works at Starbucks, i get a free coffee here and there once in a while.
and i'm not hooked just that once in a while drinks. I tried it spiked with a little baileys lol. But try Irish Cream creamer, its good.

SNAP. Love iced coffee so much, you're so lucky omg
StimulatedSoul
Chunkzilla

SNAP. Love iced coffee so much, you're so lucky omg

i know right xd
I looove coffee. I usually have it about half coffee, half milk. The flavor is amazing. Its like my favorite thing ever to drink 4laugh mrgreen
I have yet to be able to tolerate hot-brewed coffee. gonk I used to only tolerate it with a shitton of sugar & what-not.

Then I discovered cold-brewing and I make about a pint or so in advance. I drink my coffee cold anyway, so this worked out perfectly. emotion_kirakira Apparently, cold-brewing leads to a less bitter and smoother-tasting coffee. It's definitely less bitter.

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
xAliceJae
I have yet to be able to tolerate hot-brewed coffee. gonk I used to only tolerate it with a shitton of sugar & what-not.

Then I discovered cold-brewing and I make about a pint or so in advance. I drink my coffee cold anyway, so this worked out perfectly. emotion_kirakira Apparently, cold-brewing leads to a less bitter and smoother-tasting coffee. It's definitely less bitter.

Huh, I've never even thought about cold-brewing before. If I want something cold I'll just get an iced coffee most of the time.
Melody Niwa
xAliceJae

Huh, I've never even thought about cold-brewing before. If I want something cold I'll just get an iced coffee most of the time.

*shrugs* The only coffee maker my house has now is a keurig and k-cups are expensive and I heard so many mixed results with the ones you fill up on your own. D;

it's way cheaper & easier for me to just make cold-brewed. not as bitter and it's already cold. biggrin
How do you like your coffee? Do you go for the basic stuff or a fancy drink?
I usually just drink it with a bit of milk. I'll buy flavoured beans when I want something a little different. I very rarely buy fancy drinks when I'm out since they're fairly expensive and I tend to get an upset stomach from the sweeteners.
Favorite coffee stores/brands?
Not any in particular. Before I got pregnant I was buying my beans from Bulk Barn so I could try out a little of each different roast/flavour. I did like all the Van Houtte coffees that I tried though.
How long have you been hooked?
I started drinking it about 2-2.5 years ago, but I wouldn't say I'm hooked. I've only had a few cups since I got pregnant in January since hot liquids were a huge turn off. I'm looking forward to drinking it again though, since I do miss the smell and the ritual of sitting down to enjoy a cup (although I likely won't get to sit for a full cup any time soon, haha).

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I've been addicted to coffee since I was 4 years old.

On a normal day I drink the first pot (yes you read that right) black with a spoonful or two of sugar, all pots after that usually have a splash of regular cream in them.
During the holiday months I like the gingerbread creamer and the peppermint creamer.
For days I'm dreading or Saint Paty's Day heart I splash a little whiskey in there to give my morning a kick.

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow_SheWolf

On a normal day I drink the first pot (yes you read that right) black with a spoonful or two of sugar, all pots after that usually have a splash of regular cream in them.
During the holiday months I like the gingerbread creamer and the peppermint creamer.
For days I'm dreading or Saint Paty's Day heart I splash a little whiskey in there to give my morning a kick.

Daaang, 4 years old!? Man, kids are hyper enough as it is; I wouldn't want to see one loaded up on caffeine! D:

How many pots do you drink on an average day? I usually just have my morning cup and I'm fine, sometimes a cup in the evening if I have to study late that night.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf

Daaang, 4 years old!? Man, kids are hyper enough as it is; I wouldn't want to see one loaded up on caffeine! D:

How many pots do you drink on an average day? I usually just have my morning cup and I'm fine, sometimes a cup in the evening if I have to study late that night.

Actually, it was my Pediatrician that prescribed my parents to give it to me that early. I had very bad asthma and usually had to spend hours a day with that stupid mask and machine hooked to my face. Then he told my mom and dad to give me two cups of black coffee a day because it was a natural antihisthamine. I'm happy to say that I outgrew my asthma nearly 10 years ago smile

It usually boarders between two and a half to three pots daily, but if I'm in a writing or drawing mood it's usually and additional pot.

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow_SheWolf
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf

Actually, it was my Pediatrician that prescribed my parents to give it to me that early. I had very bad asthma and usually had to spend hours a day with that stupid mask and machine hooked to my face. Then he told my mom and dad to give me two cups of black coffee a day because it was a natural antihisthamine. I'm happy to say that I outgrew my asthma nearly 10 years ago smile

It usually boarders between two and a half to three pots daily, but if I'm in a writing or drawing mood it's usually and additional pot.

Oh, well that's awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you! smile

I could NOT handle that much coffee in one day. Nooope. Any more than one cup is enough to give me the jitters...which is why I only drink more if I need a real energy boost.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf

I could NOT handle that much coffee in one day. Nooope. Any more than one cup is enough to give me the jitters...which is why I only drink more if I need a real energy boost.

You know it's weird, I've never actually got jittery or anything from it. Heck, I can drink a cup and go right to sleep. I guess I've kind of developed an immunity to the energy effect.

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow_SheWolf
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf
Melody Niwa
Willow_SheWolf

You know it's weird, I've never actually got jittery or anything from it. Heck, I can drink a cup and go right to sleep. I guess I've kind of developed an immunity to the energy effect.

I would imagine. I mean I've only been drinking coffee for a few weeks and I drink it sparingly, so my body's not exactly used to it yet I guess razz I know people who can't function without their morning brew, but I do just fine without it. I like the taste and the energy boost, but it's not a necessity for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff