• Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
omninulla
Sexy_Angel_Kisses_7
omninulla
GUYS!
THANKSGIVING IS THIS WEEK!

I love thanksgiving! It's a holiday celebrating food!
So, what are you guys gonna be eating?
Turkey? Ham? Chicken? Duck? Turducken?
What pies are you gonna bake?
What sides?
Whats your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving?
Give me all the little dirty details!
Happy Thanksgiving

and happy holidays
Thanks.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

4,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
Ms Spork
This year, I am going to be celebrating Thanksgiving with my brother. He lives about an hour away, so we are going to meet in the middle. Sadly, that means no home cooking. So, I am trying to find a decent restaurant that is open to meet at.

Chinese. They are always open and also so yummy.

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
Headaches and Bad Luck
Ms Spork
This year, I am going to be celebrating Thanksgiving with my brother. He lives about an hour away, so we are going to meet in the middle. Sadly, that means no home cooking. So, I am trying to find a decent restaurant that is open to meet at.

true. i would think that this year a lot of places would be open for part of the day atleast tho.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

4,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
omninulla
Headaches and Bad Luck
Ms Spork

true. i would think that this year a lot of places would be open for part of the day atleast tho.

True. Some places might be open to get those shoppers to go eat between fights over the latest toys.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
omninulla
spacekitten
Vegetarian, here. There are about 5 of us at the massive family party (40+), and I always make a meat-free protein-type thing. This year I'm making a Quorn Turk'y Roast, rubbed with herb butter and roasted with veggies, with a vegetarian mushroom gravy. I'm pretty excited to try it!

My dad makes a pumpkin 'tart', which is like a condensed version of pumpkin pie. Its amazing, and not too much to handle after a big meal. And my husband's uncle makes wine, and he always has something tasty to share at parties.

I'm not vegetarian so you will have to excuse my ignorance: What is a Quorn Turk'y? The herb butter mushroom gravy and roasted veggies sound delish tho.

Also that is a massive gathering. There will be more vegetarians there than there will be people at my house celebrating (It's just me my mom and my brother).

Its just a brand of fake meat products. I like Quorn because its soy free, and it doesn't try too hard with artificial flavors to be more like meat. Its made from mushrooms!

And yeah, its a huge group of people. 2 extended families, both Italian and both big on their own. Its... overwhelming for people who didn't grow up with it (me!). But my dad comes along now, which is awesome that I get to see him and my in-laws at the same time.

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
spacekitten
omninulla
spacekitten
Vegetarian, here. There are about 5 of us at the massive family party (40+), and I always make a meat-free protein-type thing. This year I'm making a Quorn Turk'y Roast, rubbed with herb butter and roasted with veggies, with a vegetarian mushroom gravy. I'm pretty excited to try it!

My dad makes a pumpkin 'tart', which is like a condensed version of pumpkin pie. Its amazing, and not too much to handle after a big meal. And my husband's uncle makes wine, and he always has something tasty to share at parties.

I'm not vegetarian so you will have to excuse my ignorance: What is a Quorn Turk'y? The herb butter mushroom gravy and roasted veggies sound delish tho.

Also that is a massive gathering. There will be more vegetarians there than there will be people at my house celebrating (It's just me my mom and my brother).

Its just a brand of fake meat products. I like Quorn because its soy free, and it doesn't try too hard with artificial flavors to be more like meat. Its made from mushrooms!

And yeah, its a huge group of people. 2 extended families, both Italian and both big on their own. Its... overwhelming for people who didn't grow up with it (me!). But my dad comes along now, which is awesome that I get to see him and my in-laws at the same time.

It's made of mushroom? That's cool, I've never heard of that before.

That must be really nice for them, being so close to all their extended family. but maybe also a bit intimidating to join. Im glad that you seem to have assimilated into the family.

Seasonal Leaf

27,250 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
omninulla
evelyn greenleaf
i'm excited! turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, sparkling apple cider! mmmmm heart emotion_drool

I personally like pumpkin muffins more than pumpkin pie. my favorite holiday pies are chocolate pie and cherry pie.

how are you going to prepare your turkey?

oh chocolate pie sounds so good! i haven't had that in years.

we're doing a turkey breast this year since it is just going to be two of us. we like to do a turned bird like we do with roast chicken. the skin comes out crispy and the meat stays juicy. yum <3

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I love Thanksgiving and the turkey! lol But, I have to have pumpkin pie, it's my favorite desert.

Friendly Bookworm

I had an emergency Thanksgiving meal prepped in case this nor-easter was going to not allow me to go home. But I may save the turkey and pantry stable items away for Christmas.

I have a turkey breast in which I was going to make a truffle butter for to rub on and under the skin. I have a pumpkin and apple pie. Winter roasted veggies (sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, and butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper), buttered sweet corn, and... I cheated with a box of stuffing. But I do have plans to acquire the 60+ year old family stuffing recipe from Grandma for me to make for years to come!

Demonic Shade

Happy turkey day friends! May those who observe it have a great day of feasting and any other fellows on here have a good day in general!

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
Christmas BUMP
Traditionally I eat roasted duck with duck sauce, rice cake soup,
sweet rice cakes with a honey glaze on top, Asian type of white bread *really really delicious* and just a whole bunch of other delectables~~
heart

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
Sparkle Gems
Traditionally I eat roasted duck with duck sauce, rice cake soup,
sweet rice cakes with a honey glaze on top, Asian type of white bread *really really delicious* and just a whole bunch of other delectables~~
heart

That sounds delish! I've never had duck before but everyone always raves about it. also I have never heard of rice cake soup. what is it like?

I would be making a breakfast of bacon and cinnamon rolls right now and helping make a honey glazed ham and mashed potatoes later tonight but, I've come down with a cold and my mum won't let me cook anything. crying

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
*What cookies are you all gonna bake?
- I didn't bake much this year, LOL. I made a batch of spritz cookies for a cookie swap party, a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Husbeast (his favorite, and actually they were my anniversary present to him), and I made a batch of peppermint bark.
*Pies!!!
- Yes!!!!
*What are you planning for Christmas dinner/lunch/breakfast?
- I usually have breakfast with my dad, but he wasn't feeling up to it this year sad so I just snarfed an orange while I wait at the in-law's house for the giant family party. Dinner will be turkey, but I'm vegetarian. There's gonna be lots of mashed potatoes, veggie stuffing & veggies for me.
*If you celebrate a winter holiday other than Christmas, what food do you traditionally eat?
- religion-wise, I celebrate the Winter Solstice, but I don't really make food for it. I put bread & milk out for the fairies & light a few candles. I really only celebrate Christmas in a cultural sense. And b/c my in-laws are all catholic.

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
spacekitten
*What cookies are you all gonna bake?
- I didn't bake much this year, LOL. I made a batch of spritz cookies for a cookie swap party, a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Husbeast (his favorite, and actually they were my anniversary present to him), and I made a batch of peppermint bark.
*Pies!!!
- Yes!!!!
*What are you planning for Christmas dinner/lunch/breakfast?
- I usually have breakfast with my dad, but he wasn't feeling up to it this year sad so I just snarfed an orange while I wait at the in-law's house for the giant family party. Dinner will be turkey, but I'm vegetarian. There's gonna be lots of mashed potatoes, veggie stuffing & veggies for me.
*If you celebrate a winter holiday other than Christmas, what food do you traditionally eat?
- religion-wise, I celebrate the Winter Solstice, but I don't really make food for it. I put bread & milk out for the fairies & light a few candles. I really only celebrate Christmas in a cultural sense. And b/c my in-laws are all catholic.

oh man that all sounds sooo good. my cold got worse so Im sipping some chicken bouillon soup. It's only the three of us and neither my bro or mom are big on food so they decided to move the christmas breakfast and dinner to whenever I feel better.

also what religion is it that celebrates the solstice? I want to say wiccan but i don't know.
I also celebrate christmas secularly. My mom was raised catholic but i'm atheist so its just a fun holiday with good food and presents and lights for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff