Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fatcat

I got an acorn squash at the farmer's market and it is the first acorn squash I've ever eaten, let alone cooked.
Yesterday we cut up half of it into small pieces and tossed it with coconut oil and some spices and roasted it and then topped our pizza with it. It was soooo good.
Tonight I just took the other half of it and baked it with butter and brown sugar!

Squash is so good and I can't believe I never knew this before now! I need to figure out all the different ways to eat it!
So, what are your favorite ways to eat squash?

Sparkly Fatcat

just a quick update: the squash was better with garlic powder and salt and pepper than it was with butter and brown sugar. cat_razz

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
The only squash I've ever had was butternut squash as soup.

Sparkly Fatcat

I've never made squash soup before! Was it good?

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I've never made squash soup before, either. I usually buy the soup from my local Safeway or Trader Joe's.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Soup.
I like it in soup.

I had in ravioli once, that was good too!

Sparkly Fatcat

I had squash ravioli at Panera! It was good. I guess the next thing I have to do is soup! smile

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Spaghetti squash!!! Cut it in half, roast it, then you can scrape the "noodles" out with a fork. My folks used to make it and just top it with butter and cheese, but I've seen people top it with spaghetti sauce.

I've also roasted cubed butternut squash, then pan-fried it in brown butter with sage, pine nuts & bowtie pasta.

Sparkly Fatcat

spacekitten
Spaghetti squash!!! Cut it in half, roast it, then you can scrape the "noodles" out with a fork. My folks used to make it and just top it with butter and cheese, but I've seen people top it with spaghetti sauce.

I've also roasted cubed butternut squash, then pan-fried it in brown butter with sage, pine nuts & bowtie pasta.

I'm not a fan of brown sugar on squash I've decided. But I do have a spaghetti squash I'm eager to try!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff