Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lover

I'm looking to replace soda in my diet - not completely probably just ease out of it a bit but I know I drink waaay too much a day but I need something to replace it?

I've never really been one to just drink milk unless with breakfast, and I don't like just plain water.

Does anyone have anything that maybe they used to replace soda in their diet? I tried the sparkling ice flavored water and wasn't too crazy about it - I haven't really found a flavored water that I like.

I usually like sweet things so I wanted to see if anyone had any recs.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"TEA TEA TEA TEA TEA TEA!!!!" : D
User Image

Conservative Capitalist

10,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
What about seltzer? It's essentially water barring the whole carbonation thing and it's the one fizzy drink I can feel good over guzzling. >u<

Having a SodaStream makes for a great DIY seltzer. Granted the fizz doesn't last as long as those found in store shelves, but for the time it's fizzy, it hits the spot--at least for me. =u=

Ruthless Vampire

Hello Honey Lemon
I'm looking to replace soda in my diet - not completely probably just ease out of it a bit but I know I drink waaay too much a day but I need something to replace it?

I've never really been one to just drink milk unless with breakfast, and I don't like just plain water.

Does anyone have anything that maybe they used to replace soda in their diet? I tried the sparkling ice flavored water and wasn't too crazy about it - I haven't really found a flavored water that I like.

I usually like sweet things so I wanted to see if anyone had any recs.

How about strawberry tea?

If you're interested in making organic juices, you should try the sugarbeets + cucumber + carrots and pineapple one. It's sweet and healthy as well.

Oh! And yellow ginger water is nice as well! Not sweet but it smells really good. (And it makes your skin look good on the long run.)
cucumber water. nuff said.
Teas! I love tea.
And I heard people being crazy about mixing fruit juices or fruit with water.
I personally like to mix 1/4 glass of apple juice with sparkly water. It gets so much fresher.
I replaced pop with fizzy water, and only had diet pop as a treat once in a while smile

Sweetheart

I drank crystal light to get accustomed to drinking water [one single
packet per one litre of water] now I don't like the taste of carbonated drinks and
can easily drink a gallon of water without batting an eye.

You just need to get used to the texture and consistency.

Good luck.

Interstellar Seeker

The only thing I like more than soda is tea. Arizona and Peace Tea brands make a lot of different flavors, but I've only drank green tea. Peppermint tea is good as well, I just buy that in a box.
Not a tea fan AT ALL (though I wish I was).

I really liked the carbonated, sweetened waters... I drank the brand from Wal-Mart, American Clear or something, I hate diet tasting waters and to me it does not have that diet after taste flavor. Although it has zero calories and sugar, it does have the artificial sweetener.

Then I started drinking mostly Perrier or Le Croix, trying to avoid even the artificial sweeteners... I like the lemon-lime ones, just a hint of the flavor. I guess they might be a little pricey, although I think Le Croix might be the generic Perrier... that give me that fizzy carbonation I desire without anything else (aka they are not sweet, but good if you want some fizz).

Although I was never much of a fan, I've pretty much gotten used to plain ol' water, especially since I started becoming more of alcohol drinker (it can be insanely refreshing to gulp down a bottle on a Saturday morning haha), though it has to be ice cold!

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Juices. Orange Juice, Lemonade, Limeade... etc. So yum.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The name's Axel...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Really it's not that hard to find a replacement. I drink too much soda too but my replacement for it is chocolate milk, lemonade or apple juice. All of which you can get cheap at the dollar stores

...got it memorized?

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I bought a SodaStream maker, and while I do add flavors to the carbonated water, I add about half of what is recommended. If you don't mind the investment, you could get one and use less and less flavor syrup over time (and/or make your own out of fresh fruit. There are tons of recipes online) until you wean yourself off the sweetness and can enjoy just fizzy water with lemon or mint.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Sparkling grape juice. You get that sweet, bubbly burn like with soda, but it's much better for you. You should be able to find it with the rest of the grape juice and will come in a wine-like bottle with foil on top (at least Welsh's brand does).

Dapper Ladykiller

Water, juice, and cold tea. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas