Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
((i did not really know where to really put this since theres no form for cooking and all
if u want to move this mov it plz to the ight spot mod..))
Question

i just finshed my slow cooked pot shredded beef roast and it tastes bland, what should I, AFTER 8 hrs of cooking it, what should i add to it to make it tast better to bring out more flavor. (it is a older 1 i had to frozen for a long time, but i had it out for 3-4 days. first day out to detha then i allowed it to do the rest for another day in the fridge.) i only added little salt, pepper, gralic to it... did not know how to make this..
(yes im a guy and i dont cook worth a dam. i just want my tacos with out going out to get them.. sad

but anyway what can i add to make it tast better?

for that matter i wantted to make the roast taste like what u would get or better from a roach coach..
(its what we call down where real mex food.. xD (its cheaper and it tasts wow vs taco bells crap... (AZ i live yes)

Popular Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Popular Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
RAWR!!!! TACOS!!! O-o

XD

plz help if u can

Unbeatable Survivor

Beer and stout are your friend when it comes to beef. It both tenderized the meat and can really enhance the flavour.

Though, I don't recommend it if you're looking to make tacos out of it. It's not the right kind of flavour for tacos.

Cook some root vegetables with it next time, like onion and carrot.

Popular Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Chimokko
Beer and stout are your friend when it comes to beef. It both tenderized the meat and can really enhance the flavour.

Though, I don't recommend it if you're looking to make tacos out of it. It's not the right kind of flavour for tacos.

thanks for the info, never been a beer type person tho. so i have no beer on stock just wisky and wine.. lol xD

what do the root Veggys do for it?
(never thought about using them before.. i only thought of using them for a beef stew that my dad loved to make)

(i used the Mc chopped Onions on it... not much tho.. im used to mostly making fishi use red seasion salt garlic, onion w/.. i throw alot on my fish. lol xD), and hamburgers with (MC hamburger seasioning .. lol XD)

((wow -4 votes.. thats harsh. xD lol ))

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea Try making a spice rub for it. Use cayenne pepper, black pepper, sea salt, garlic and onion powder, and some lime juice, mix it into a paste, then rub it thoroughly all around the roast. You could also marinate it in a spicy taco sauce before roasting it, but that might be a little bit too much.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
dark lighting
Chimokko

thanks for the info, never been a beer type person tho. so i have no beer on stock just wisky and wine.. lol xD

what do the root Veggys do for it?
(never thought about using them before.. i only thought of using them for a beef stew that my dad loved to make)

(i used the Mc chopped Onions on it... not much tho.. im used to mostly making fishi use red seasion salt garlic, onion w/.. i throw alot on my fish. lol xD), and hamburgers with (MC hamburger seasioning .. lol XD)

((wow -4 votes.. thats harsh. xD lol ))

Wine works just as well for an alcohol marinade. Just be sure to use red wine. Red wines are commonly paired with red meat as the flavors supplement each other.

Onions Carrots and Celery are always good choices for flavoring the meat during slow cooking. You use them to help flavor the meat. Red meat is good, but if you've ever eaten it raw (not a lot but just a small taste), you'll realize it doesn't have that much flavor on it's own.

Also, spices you could use include: Salt and Pepper (the must haves), garlic, thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper, cumin, and so much more. One of my favorite basic cooking seasoning mixes are salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and a dash of cayenne. If you're not into spicy, use Cayenne sparingly. a lot of times, just a dash will do for a subtle kick for sauces and overall flavors.

Also, after re-reading your response, never season after. you always season meat before you cook it. If you try and season it after the cooking process, you've already missed your chance to incorporate all the flavors that you tried to include with the salt, pepper, and everything else. If you did season before cooking the beef and it still tastes bland, then you need to use a heavier hand with your seasoning. One of the things that helps is to taste the raw meat before you cook it. Sounds nasty, but believe me you'll get a better feel for what the finished product will taste like when you do that. You don't need to consume a whole lot, just a small seasoned strip.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
This wouldn't work for tacos, but you don't have to use strictly alcohol when marinading beef. You can use root beer, for instance, and it tastes great (also great for pork). Coffee is another excellent option and one I am particularly fond of.

And for tacos, basic taco spices are garlic, cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion, salt, pepper and oregano. You can also add cocoa (seriously). It adds a very nice flavor. Adding lime isn't a bad idea either.

I do agree that you're not using the right cut of meat for tacos, but you could make it work in a pinch.

Friendly Fairy

Languia
Also, after re-reading your response, never season after. you always season meat before you cook it. If you try and season it after the cooking process, you've already missed your chance to incorporate all the flavors that you tried to include with the salt, pepper, and everything else. If you did season before cooking the beef and it still tastes bland, then you need to use a heavier hand with your seasoning.

This is very true. If you're using it for tacos and such, and since you said it was shredded so it would work well for quesadillas and sandwiches and such... anyway, what I would do is make up some kind of strongly-flavoured sauce. Like maybe barbecue sauce, mustard, and Frank's Red Hot, or something like that. If the meat itself is bland, then yeah, you need to use stronger flavourings after cooking. Just experiment a bit and you'll find something you like. Worcestershire sauce is always good to pair with beef.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Use beef stock, adobo and some sort of chili sauce for a sufficient marinade

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers