Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
http://www.themilkweed.com/Feature_06_Jan.pdf

What the hell? I'm paying 10 bucks for this Chemical Silicon stuff?
No wonder Pizza Hut's cheese tasted strange to me. emotion_puke

How far ya can go for money bastards? emotion_bigvein

Wheezing Fatcat

This doesn't surprise me.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
IIYuuki_ChanII

I WORK in the food industry. Trust me... you don't want to know. It's common knowledge at this point, but there's no actual cooking done at places like Applebee's and TGI Fridays

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

I WORK in the food industry. Trust me... you don't want to know. It's common knowledge at this point, but there's no actual cooking done at places like Applebee's and TGI Fridays

oh god... emotion_puke

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
IIYuuki_ChanII
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

oh god... emotion_puke

If you were to walk into their kitchen right now, the only real appliance you'd find is a deep fryer for stuff like french fries, onion rings, and fried calamari. It's nothing but microwaves. Personally, I prefer working in a kitchen.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

oh god... emotion_puke

If you were to walk into their kitchen right now, the only real appliance you'd find is a deep fryer for stuff like french fries, onion rings, and fried calamari. It's nothing but microwaves. Personally, I prefer working in a kitchen.
I worked in the food industry for years, and while I concur that reheating portions takes very little skill and hardly counts as cooking, the microwave is a real appliance and one that many chefs find indispensable. Some foods even taste better microwaved such as baked potatoes and oatmeal.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ratttking
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

oh god... emotion_puke

I worked in the food industry for years, and while I concur that reheating portions takes very little skill and hardly counts as cooking, the microwave is a real appliance and one that many chefs find indispensable. Some foods even taste better microwaved such as baked potatoes and oatmeal.

It is a real appliance. yes, however, it's not the ONLY appliance is my point. I can believe baked potatoes and oatmeal tasting good out of a microwave. I don't think the same thing applies to steak.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
It still tastes good though, doesn't it?
Isn't that really all that matters?
I mean, almost ever bit of cheese you find in the US is going to have some cow blood/pus in it.

5,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
I'll eat it sometimes, but i find their pizza to be greasy and sometimes causes stomach issues lol.
I don't always eat big chain restaurant pizza, but when i do, I choose Little Caesars. Stay hungry my friend.

Eloquent Explorer

Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza, so it's unlikely I'll stop eating from there, chemicals or no. I don't eat there often, anyway.
Just an FYI since that article is over six years old and I worked at Pizza Hut for 2 1/2 years, Pizza Hut's cheese nowadays is, indeed, all real cheese. They went on this big "natural" campaign around '08. The dough comes to us frozen- we only have to let it thaw out and proof. The marinara sauce and the pizza sauce are one in the same, only the marinara sauce is more diluted than the pizza sauce. My location at least was incredibly clean, and everything was always made fresh (or at least as fresh as chain restaurants get). The only thing made in the microwave was spaghetti.
Ratttking
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

oh god... emotion_puke

eek THIS CAN BE DONE???

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Jesse Troy II
Ratttking
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII
Languia
IIYuuki_ChanII

oh god... emotion_puke

eek THIS CAN BE DONE???
Yes, and it is very easy. Wash the potato and pierce it several times with a fork . Place in the microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes, turn the potato over and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until it is soft. It might take more or less time depending on the size of the tater. Split in half and serve with salt, pepper, and butter, or your favorite seasonings.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
My boyfriend managed at a Pizza Hut and they buy their cheese from a third party producer just like anyone else. It's nothing terribly special.

Liberal Fatcat

Nothing new. I dont eat at Pizza Hut since mainly the only pizza me and mom get are at a local italian restaurant where everything is made fresh. Though once in awhile we're have Little Cesars'.
But yeah, restaurant chains get their ingredients for cheap with buying food that has some random chemical ingredient or putty in it. Are you, the consumer, really going to buy a hamburger with a clearly visible label that reads "85% beef. 15%...stuff..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff