Welcome to Gaia! ::

or recipes.

I have some frozen tilapia fillets I bought from Target awhile ago and I've also had a craving for a pasta dish.
LETS COMBINE THE TWO! biggrin

except I have zero experience cooking fish and the only pasta sauce I know how to make is filipino-style spaghetti sauce. ^___^;

Suggestions & recipes please?
No dairy-heavy recipes though! I can deal with a little bit of dairy in the recipe, but things that are of the likes of an alfredo...icannothas. crying ;
i guess you could try combining the two... cooking them separately... i guess you could try frying the fish first...then add the sauce once its done... biggrin well, I haven't actually tried cooking tilapia with a pasta sauce before... - just shared..
But i did tried frying the fish and using a different sauce on it - my mom thought me, but i forgot how i did it...but it sure tastes delicious...

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
This is what I would do.

Cook the pasta
Then add broccoli, Spinach, or some kind of green. Make sure to mix it around.

The fish I would cook in butter and lemon until it became like a sauce.

Stick the fish right on top of the pasta, add a spring of parsley for looks and there ya go.

Enduring Phantom

Personally I think rice would go better with a light fish like that.

Try this?
fresh talapia would be better
ragnaroknroll
Personally I think rice would go better with a light fish like that.

Try this?

this sounds yummy. :O I'll try it.

What fish do you think would go with pasta? I only got tilapia 'cause I know I like it. All the other fishes I've eaten are prepared in Filipino soups & stuff. ^__^;

Enduring Phantom

xAliceJae

this sounds yummy. :O I'll try it.

What fish do you think would go with pasta? I only got tilapia 'cause I know I like it. All the other fishes I've eaten are prepared in Filipino soups & stuff. ^__^;

Well...it's hard to say, because usually fish and pasta is prepared with white (dairy heavy) sauces.

Salmon with alfredo or something like that.

But I think a lot of shellfish (clam, shrimp, scallops) would be good in either a olive oil/garlic/red pepper sauce Example Here or a cajun/spicy red sauce like this Shrimp Arrabbiata

Typically one uses chicken for picatta but here's a tilapia recipe looks yummy!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pan-seared-lemon-tilapia-with-parmesan-pasta/

Tilapia is a pretty neutral fish, and I think it would taste fine in a cream sauce with green vegetables.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff