Welcome to Gaia! ::

Viridian Nothing
xAliceJae
Are you considering buying an insulated lunch bag too? And some ice packs?

'cause this is what I brought for my uni lunch today...potstickers, broccoli, rice and the bottom tier is a bunch of fruit i had on hand tossed with a little bit of honey and lemon juice. my container's childish, but it's a pretty awesome 2-tier. >_>
I leave the food in the fridge until almost right before I have to leave.

I just treat it like any other meal, but I'm not sure how long it is from you at home to when you eat lunch. I usually consumer my food after about 3-4 hours at uni. Additionally, my food's normally not in a hot~ish environment for more than half an hour. Oh how I love that the buses have AC and so does my school.
Don't want to be a Healer? Too bad - you're a Champions of Light member now!
I like pretzel sticks, carrot sticks, pb covered celery sticks.

Make yourself a wrap instead of sandwich, or use pita bread or put it on a bagel

Switch up the meat each week so you don't get bored. You could still bring cold things just add an ice pack to your bag.

Sweet Cat

I don't really have any ideas. I made lunch the other day which was good. But a fridge was needed. So using a bento box was kind of the same thing in a way. But it had rice, eel, and little sausages. So yeah, my idea is of no good.

Sweet Cat

Didn't I just post in here? confused
bento box.

Ruthless Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
Ok, so sandwich variations: wraps, paninis, stuffed pita pockets. Leftover pizza (I don't mind eating cold, not sure about you)

Cold soup like gazpacho perhaps? Or pasta salad? A regular salad (once it is not too hot out) could also be good.

Pita and hummus is super yummy. Add some cut up veggies for more dipping fun.

Cold chicken wings or fingers?

Jello cups don't have to be kept cold, and some yogurt will keep ok as well.

Fruit snacks, pretzels, chips, popcorn, kettle corn, caramel corn

Use nutella instead of pb in your pb & j

tortilla/pita chips and fresh salsa

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I was a big fan of shelf-stable snacks in college. I usually had 6-8 solid hours of class time (art studio), so I had to be able to eat while I worked. I usually had at least one, sometimes 2 or 3 of these ready in my bag:

- Cheese & crackers. Either cubed cheese, or those individual spreadable-wedge things. But be careful of the garlic/chive flavored ones if you're gonna be social!

- Veggies & dip. Hummus, cream cheese, ranch dressing. Switch it up.

- Sandwiches. Which I know can get boring, so you need to change it up. I liked cream cheese & cucumber, or nutella & banana. And if you need to use up some lunch meat but just can't stand another turkey sandwich, slice it up over a green salad.

- Pasta salads. Really any kind of salad, as long as you don't use mayonnaise in the dressing. I like tortellini with pesto & grape tomatoes.

- Jerky, string cheese, & fruit leather. If you take the time to search the "lunch box" aisle at the store, you can find less traditional, more 'grown-up' packable things.

An ice pack and an insulated lunch bag should keep things cold for a good long while, unless you're leaving your lunch in a hot car all day.

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items