Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So... As it so happens we had a TON of jello in our cubbies and I decided to use it LIKE A BOSS. The only issue is my girlfriend HATES JELLO. It's kind of ridiculous how picky she is, but whatever! I made four boxes anyway. We don't have a lot of food though, so when she tried mine, she claimed the sweeter flavor for herself and we've been snacking.

The fun part is that I am forever in love with jello, and I'm always finding ways to make this AWESOME. One way being rainbow jelly which I love (sfm) and you make by either using different colors of jello, or getting clear, flavorless gelatin and mixing in your favorite juices. You see, we bought some Mike's Hard a while ago, but neither of us felt like drinking, so I was staring at it and I realized: We have cranberry jello. This is Mike's Hard Cranberry.

Hell. Yes.

We're both into very hard liquor, but using strong vodka on jello has to be some foodie sin (I'm of the solid opinion that something should never ever be that cold and burn your throat like a mother on the way down), so I boiled two cups of hot water, stirred in the mix, then exchanged the cold water for Mike's and these babies are fantastic. They have a nice, mild alcohol zing, but they retain all the flavor of jello-y goodness. If I only knew where to actually buy some of that alcoholic whipped cream I would be adding it to the top.

They're also nice because it's a big serving that's diluted by half, so unless you have an extremely low tolerance, it's hard to get a buzz off these things. Unlike hardcore vodka-based shots. As I eat it I want to scarf like I usually do with jello, but my mouth is like "NO b***h! Savor it." So goooooooooood. ~~<3

PS. I only expect people who are of legal drinking age in their respective countries to try this. Don't break the law, please.

EDIT: So, as it turns out, you can't let these things sit out. Even though the alcohol content is extremely low, it's enough that the jello loses its firmness if left out of the fridge for too long. It doesn't totally liquify, but I left a little bit on the counter yesterday and it was like playing with water puddy...

Destructive Detective

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Sounds good, and a lot less deadly than those Jell-O shots I used to have made with Everclear. blaugh

You might try making them with rum for a nicer flavor, or use a wine that you like.

Shadowy Entrepreneur

6,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ratttking
Sounds good, and a lot less deadly than those Jell-O shots I used to have made with Everclear. blaugh

You might try making them with rum for a nicer flavor, or use a wine that you like.

Good lord, you made yours with Everclear? You, my friend, are one intense lady.

Destructive Detective

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Fashion Fascist
Ratttking

Good lord, you made yours with Everclear? You, my friend, are one intense lady.
Sorry, I didn't make them, I just enjoyed ones my friends made. TBH, they did not gel very well and had a sort of soupy consistency. It seems like every alcoholic concoction I had at con parties involved Everclear, from the Purple Jesus to my favorite, Rocket Fuel, which was grain mixed with dry ice.

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ratttking

I am a rum fan, wine is pretty much alocoholic grape juice, so I'm cool with that. XD

Good GOD, Everclear! emotion_0A0 It's good in a shot or two, but as I said before, that sort of booze doesn't do good for jello shots.
I assume you've been here before?

And caramel apple shots?

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Like Totally Not A Mule
I assume you've been here before?

And caramel apple shots?

eek eek eek Oh... my... science. *swoons* I just used general knowledge of jello and alcohol to make a watered down treat. I should have known there would be mathmeticians working on this!! crying I am so proud.

*steals this recipe for halloween*

Dapper Explorer

I've never liked Jell-o shots for exactly the reason you describe, the booze flavor is way too strong, but this is an excellent idea. I shall have to pass it around to all my friends.

Lonely Capitalist

10,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
For me I hate jello shots (well dressed up shots in general), but for very different reasons.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
You should try mixing 2-3 flavors. It ends up good if you pick ones that mix well.
Maybe I try some JELL-O shots sometime? 3nodding
Normally I hate jello shots because of the too-alcoholic burn, because I hate tasting strong alcohol. But my sister made some spectacular ones, once. Fuzzy navel jello shots- orange jello, peach jello, and peach schnapps. Amazing.

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Adain-chan
I've never liked Jell-o shots for exactly the reason you describe, the booze flavor is way too strong, but this is an excellent idea. I shall have to pass it around to all my friends.
I love strong booze, and I LOVE jello, but the two just don't mix for me.

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Valtiel the Watcher
For me I hate jello shots (well dressed up shots in general), but for very different reasons.
Do explain, sir. 3nodding

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
oTrissa
You should try mixing 2-3 flavors. It ends up good if you pick ones that mix well.
I'm thinking of trying to make a pina colada one...

3cups boiling water
1pack Pineapple jello
2packs Pina Colada jello
1cup Rum
1can Cut pineapple
2bottles Mike's Hard Lemonade
Marachino cherries

Mix pineapple and rum in bowl and let soak in the fridge for about 3 hours.
Boil water and mix in jello packets until jello is dissolved.
Mix in Mike's Hard lemonade and rum-soaked pineapple.
Set aside shot glasses, or small cups, and evenly fill each one, making sure each glass gets some pineapple.
Place in the fridge and let harden. About 4 hours. Top each one with a marachino cherry... and possibly some tropical passion whipahol Whipped Lightning if you can find any.

Next paycheck, it is ON!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces