Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trash Witch

I've got a single cup brewer right now (I used a reusable filter and my own coffee most of the time though! Why create more waste with all the cups.) because it's faster and I'm usually on the go.
I also got it to try to cut down on my coffee consumption. I was drinking nearly a pot and a half a day myself before I got it. Whoops.

When I want a GOOD cup of coffee though French Press it where it's at!

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
How do you prefer to make your coffee? Drip machine? Keurig? French Press? Maybe you have something more specialty like a Chemex or Aeropress?
- I cannot stand Keurigs. They are literally the bane of my existence.
We purchased one used off Craigslist and I could not stand it.
My in-laws loved it so we gave it to them, but now we aren't allowed to touch it because
guess what?
The K-Cups are stupid pricey and using your own coffee will never get it strong enough because you can only fit like 1-2tbsp of grounds in the little cup, and I use 4-5tbsp daily.
I use a drip machine but prefer french press when I had a garbage disposal (safe and an effective cleaner - our disposal smelled amazing whenever I dumped the used grounds in it).
I had a cheap little espresso machine that I looooved but it broke down and we haven't bought a replacement.

Would you consider other options if you had a choice to?
- I would get a giant espresso machine with an industrial grade milk frother, something like at Allan Bros, and make delicious lattes and capps and americanos every damn morning.

Does how you brew your coffee really matter to you?
- Not really. I like my coffee good and strong, so I don't care for anyone else brewing it.

Dapper Noob

Keurig.

I've never been into coffee. It's too bitter for me - but my parents bought me a Keurig once I got my own apartment so I took a trip to a local store that sells nothing but cups for it.

Found myself some Pumpkin and "Highlander's Grog" coffees.
I like them better than anything I've even gotten out of a shop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff