Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bookworm

Well. Next month I get my top wisdom teeth taken out. My lower set will come out next year.

Anyway. I've read up on what to eat regarding soft food that require none-very minimal chewing so that I can recover faster. But I'd like some ideas to kinda "spice it up" so that I'm not just stuck eating puddings, mashed potatoes, and ice cream.

What I have found so far:
- Yogurt
- Pudding
- Jello
- Mashed Potatoes/Squash/Sweet Potatoes/Carrots
- Scrambled Eggs
- Oatmeal
- Protein Shakes/Slim-Fasts/Milkshakes/smoothies (Keep up the nutrients)
- Tomato Juice
- Tomato Soup/Pho
- Ice Cream
- Water/Vitamin Water
- Mac and Cheese
- Apple Sauce

Some of these foods will have to wait until a few days afterwords but I would love some more recommendations or even recipes of foods that's safe to have after getting wisdom teeth taken out.

I can make things from scratch. And I'm aware of no straws/suction at all.

I'd really love smoothie recipes, especially if I can add a veggie or two into them.
If your blender's powerful enough, you can always do green smoothies.
http://foodgawker.com/?s=green+smoothie
I've tried one at a Costco sampling thing & they're delicious! My blender at home isn't strong enough to blend them down though.

I'm somewhat wondering if oatmeal's too big to get stuck in the holes though...? I was warned against rice because it's small enough to get caught in the holes.

Friendly Bookworm

xAliceJae
If your blender's powerful enough, you can always do green smoothies.
http://foodgawker.com/?s=green+smoothie
I've tried one at a Costco sampling thing & they're delicious! My blender at home isn't strong enough to blend them down though.

I'm somewhat wondering if oatmeal's too big to get stuck in the holes though...? I was warned against rice because it's small enough to get caught in the holes.

I did read to not rice. (And I LOVE rice)

I read that oatmeal is safe as long as it's smooth and creamy, not chunky and whole grained. I'm reading more on this one, but it may be a food for a few days after I go through this and ease myself back onto solid foods.
Laili
I did read to not rice. (And I LOVE rice)

I read that oatmeal is safe as long as it's smooth and creamy, not chunky and whole grained. I'm reading more on this one, but it may be a food for a few days after I go through this and ease myself back onto solid foods.

I just noticed your avatar. 4laugh

&hmm, okies. I rarely eat oatmeal, so I wasn't sure. <_<

As a note, when I got my wisdoms removed (I got the bottoms only though. My tops are still in.), I was able to eat more solid~y foods within a week. I got mine removed before Thanksgiving. xD;
I DID get pain for about a month. My dentist said it was because mine were so badly impacted. D:

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea Just a bit of a warning, if you eat yogurt with fruit in it, beware of fruit chunks getting stuck in the holes.

Dapper Gekko

16,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Basically any creamy soup, i love making mushroom and onion soup ^^
Cream of Mushroom soup is good, along with some noodle soups. There's also apple sauce, milk shakes, frozen yogurt, and baby food (it's not very flavorful, though). Also, if possible, it would be wise to have both your upper and lower wisdom teeth removed at the same time.
Eggs
Hummus
Cream of wheat
Avacado
Spaghettios

Friendly Bookworm

ABGirl
Cream of Mushroom soup is good, along with some noodle soups. There's also apple sauce, milk shakes, frozen yogurt, and baby food (it's not very flavorful, though). Also, if possible, it would be wise to have both your upper and lower wisdom teeth removed at the same time.

With the way that my insurance is, I have to do them at separate times in order to save me from taking too much out of my wallet. So I opted to take the set that's peeking out my gums out first, and very shortly after next year and my insurance is renewed, I can get my lower set done. My dentist and I tried to see about getting it all done in one sitting, but not with my insurance. emotion_0A0

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I had my wisdom teeth removed last week. After the surgery and after the numbing shots wore off I had no pain, but unfortunately I was instructed to eat soft food only for the next few days. My mother cooked a lot of congee for me, which is a Chinese style rice porridge. It's really filling. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can find recipes of that online.
Other than that, I also ate chicken soup with soft noodles in them. I also had baby food; specifically I had sausages found in those baby food jars. I also had bowls of mashed potatoes with gravy on top.
Anything that fits in a blender. This is not going to be a high time in your life cuisine wise. Good luck though!

Dapper Spotter

I honestly did not have much of an appetite post-surgery. I mostly consume green tea and chicken broth, lol.
Good luck though
Play Will It Blend? with your favourite foods.

Seriously.

My brother had all four out at the same time, and doesn't like traditional soft foods, so he just chucked whatever the rest of the family were having for dinner into the blender. That's pretty much how you make baby food, after all. ;p Apparently blended curries are pretty good.
ashangel299
I had my wisdom teeth removed last week. After the surgery and after the numbing shots wore off I had no pain, but unfortunately I was instructed to eat soft food only for the next few days. My mother cooked a lot of congee for me, which is a Chinese style rice porridge. It's really filling. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can find recipes of that online.
Other than that, I also ate chicken soup with soft noodles in them. I also had baby food; specifically I had sausages found in those baby food jars. I also had bowls of mashed potatoes with gravy on top.

You've gotta be really careful with rice -- you have to make really sure that you don't get any settling in the wounds. If you're eating rice, take care to rinse them really well.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299

You've gotta be really careful with rice -- you have to make really sure that you don't get any settling in the wounds. If you're eating rice, take care to rinse them really well.

I guess you have never ate Congee. The rice in congee turns into a thick liquid like form. No solid pieces. Therefore rice can't get trapped in the wounds.

Looks like this.. toppings is optional but in this case, better off without toppings unless we're talking about sauce.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff