Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashangel299
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299
I had my wisdom teeth removed last week. After the surgery and after the numbing shots wore off I had no pain, but unfortunately I was instructed to eat soft food only for the next few days. My mother cooked a lot of congee for me, which is a Chinese style rice porridge. It's really filling. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can find recipes of that online.
Other than that, I also ate chicken soup with soft noodles in them. I also had baby food; specifically I had sausages found in those baby food jars. I also had bowls of mashed potatoes with gravy on top.

You've gotta be really careful with rice -- you have to make really sure that you don't get any settling in the wounds. If you're eating rice, take care to rinse them really well.

I guess you have never ate Congee. The rice in congee turns into a thick liquid like form. No solid pieces. Therefore rice can't get trapped in the wounds.

Looks like this.. toppings is optional but in this case, better off without toppings unless we're talking about sauce.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah, what I've had that was called "congee" was like oat porridge -- all mushy, but still with grain-sized soft "lumps" -- like this. The "lumps", just like rice grains prepared other ways, would still be a perfect size for getting trapped.... It's not to say "OMG DONT EAT RAAAAIIIIIICE!" but rather just that you should be sure to be properly careful in cleaning afterward.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've been there, and my best suggestion is cold foods only until you don't feel immediate pain. Oh, and NO CREAMY VEGETABLES... unless to put them into the blender to get rid of every possible lump. I thought creamed corn would be fine because I love that stuff (sfm) but my mom ended up diving into my gum holes with a tweezer to get all the pieces out. ; 3;

-Chowders put through the blender should work, too.
-After the pain goes away if your jaw feels stronger you could possibly try hotdog pieces with your mac'n cheese.
-You can eat spagetti with a creamy sauce so long as you cut the noodles small enough to swallow comfortably, but still big enough to not get stuck in your holes.
-You can eat bread, but you have to focus on the middle of your mouth when you swallow it unless you let it mush a bit on your tongue. You can cut bread, with a little bit of garlic butter on it, into squares for your tomato soup like soft croutons.
-xAliceJae talked about Thanksgiving which reminds me that you can eat plenty of those; stuffing, sweet popatoes with brown sugar and marshmallows, pumpkin pie heart or the filling at least (fantastic with/in icecream) all easily blended pie fillings are open to you! Pumkin, apple, banana cream, buttermilk, cheesecake, key lime, lemon meringue, french silk... these are the creamiest pies I know of, so long as the apple doesn't have skin.
-Plain broth should be good if you just want the flavor of something, too.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299
I had my wisdom teeth removed last week. After the surgery and after the numbing shots wore off I had no pain, but unfortunately I was instructed to eat soft food only for the next few days. My mother cooked a lot of congee for me, which is a Chinese style rice porridge. It's really filling. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can find recipes of that online.
Other than that, I also ate chicken soup with soft noodles in them. I also had baby food; specifically I had sausages found in those baby food jars. I also had bowls of mashed potatoes with gravy on top.

You've gotta be really careful with rice -- you have to make really sure that you don't get any settling in the wounds. If you're eating rice, take care to rinse them really well.

I guess you have never ate Congee. The rice in congee turns into a thick liquid like form. No solid pieces. Therefore rice can't get trapped in the wounds.

Looks like this.. toppings is optional but in this case, better off without toppings unless we're talking about sauce.

Yeah, what I've had that was called "congee" was like oat porridge -- all mushy, but still with grain-sized soft "lumps" -- like this. The "lumps", just like rice grains prepared other ways, would still be a perfect size for getting trapped.... It's not to say "OMG DONT EAT RAAAAIIIIIICE!" but rather just that you should be sure to be properly careful in cleaning afterward.

I never ate congee with all those lumps. I guess congee can be prepared differently.
ashangel299
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299
Flynn MacCumhaill
ashangel299

I never ate congee with all those lumps. I guess congee can be prepared differently.

Apparently.... O.o Regional variations or something? yum_puddi My friend who made it for me is originally from the far northeast, not too far from the Russian border.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I feel like an idiot for forgetting the BEST SOFT FOOD EVER:

NORWEGIAN ROMMEGROT

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1818,159170-237194,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 qt. milk
1 c. half & half
1 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
Sugar & cinnamon

Heat milk and half and half; do not scorch; set aside.
In large, heavy pan, melt 1 cup butter and add flour, cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

Pour in milk, cook, stirring frequently until mixture bubbles and thickens. Stir in sugar. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter on top. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm. Makes 1/2 gallon.

NOTE: This may be kept warm and served from a crock pot. Use low heat. Add butter, sugar and cinnamon after mixture is put in crock pot. Rommegrot is traditionally served at Christmas.

There are different recipes, I think my grandma adds eggs, but it's fan-freaking-tastic.
i just got my wisdon teeth out and cant really eat anything. this helps.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I ate a quizno's sub the same day I got mine taken out and had no problems. it doesn't really matter what you eat, they even said so to me. Just make sure you take small bites of anything you eat.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
When I had my wisdom teeth extracted, my mom just dumped the usual food I ate into a blender and blended them until they were suitable for me to eat. xd

I also ate ramen and cut it up into tiny pieces so I could eat it without slurping (which is bad to do when you're in the post-wisdom teeth extraction recovery process).

Timid Gaian

When I got my wisdom teeth out, my grandmother wouldn't let me eat half of the 'safe' foods. She claimed little bits would get stuck in my stitches.

But, I found that cheese soup over mashed potatoes is really good. I had my stitches in for two weeks and at the end of the first week I was eating small bites of normal foods. Grits and cheese are excellent too, as well as normal grits. Just make sure to rinse really well afterwards. You could also do biscuits and white gravy. Just tear the soft bits of the biscuits into the gravy and let them get soft. Another option is grits and tomato gravy as long as there are no hard chunks. The way my grandmother makes it there's only soft bits of stewed tomato.
I ate rice all the time eheheh. They did get stuck in the holes though, had to get them out with a toothpick. So gross.

I also had a lot of poutine...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces