Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Vampire

5,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Recently, I made my version of lemon bars that have a sweet tart dough crust. I have enough to make another half sheet pan full of bars but I don't want to use lemon again.

What other fillings would you use?

I do have canned pumpkin, I could make pumpkin pie bars but I would love to hear ideas from everyone!

Shameless Man-Lover

You could also turn the tart dough into little cookies using a cookie cutter if it's not too crumbly. And then you can top them with jam, whipped cream, various mouses, etc. I did that in pastry school for one of my finals, and it was so cute and yummy.

Shy Vampire

5,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
this rainbow lover
You could also turn the tart dough into little cookies using a cookie cutter if it's not too crumbly. And then you can top them with jam, whipped cream, various mouses, etc. I did that in pastry school for one of my finals, and it was so cute and yummy.

I love that idea. I might just do that after class today.

You went to pastry school? How awesome. I originally wanted to major in baking and pastry but the schools around here only offer culinary management so that's what I'm doing. When I was baking, I was in my zone. 4laugh

Shameless Man-Lover

Patisserie_Ichigo
this rainbow lover

You went to pastry school? How awesome. I originally wanted to major in baking and pastry but the schools around here only offer culinary management so that's what I'm doing. When I was baking, I was in my zone. 4laugh

Currently in, in fact. Just finished up my wedding cake class; it was a lot of fun :3

Aww, that sucks. But management is good too. If you get the chance, I would totally suggest adding on some baking classes eventually. I know my school offers a pastry certificate that is only one year long.

Shy Vampire

5,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
this rainbow lover
Patisserie_Ichigo
this rainbow lover

Currently in, in fact. Just finished up my wedding cake class; it was a lot of fun :3

Aww, that sucks. But management is good too. If you get the chance, I would totally suggest adding on some baking classes eventually. I know my school offers a pastry certificate that is only one year long.
Wedding cakes?! I wish I could make beautiful cakes like those with intricate piping and beautiful flowers.
Sadly, my school only offers one baking class and I already took it. I am basically left to take classes at Micheal's or JoAnn Fabrics..which isn't really what I want. I just teach myself for the most part when it comes to baking.
The program I am in is a 2 year program, I learn basically everything from the fundamentals of cooking and baking to the business side of running a restaurant so I can't really complain about what I am learning, but I wish I could learn more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff