Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I tried making a ham and cheese omelette.
And for the most part it came out pretty good.
But I'm not sure I went through with it right seeing as how I hide no guide.
Pretty much all I did was mix some eggs.
Then added ham and cheese when they where in the skillet thing.
And thats prettymuch all I did, there has to be more then this...
right?

If not, can someone give me idea of what other things I can make omelettes out of?

Versatile Pumpkin

13,675 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I like to pour a little splash of milk into the eggs and whip it all up really good before pouring it into the skillet...

Also, bits of green onion really complete a ham and cheese omelet for me. smile
my home ec teacher taught us to add milk and cook the eggs like halfway
then put all the stuff you want to be in the omelette (ie hams cheese whatever)

and fold the egg into a half circle shape enveloping the stuff

Versatile Pumpkin

13,675 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Yep.

Gotta love Home Ec class smile
There's no REAL guide to making an omelette.

It's pretty much egg, with a certain meat or cheese, even a combo.

I'd make an omelette with sausage and cheese... It sound really good right now.
remember. Adding water makes eggs fluffier. Adding milk making eggs creamier. And if you use a spatula spray it.
Pour as many different spices as you can in the eggs before you put 'em in the pan, add tobasco sauce to the eggs before they hit the pan... also put in some milk/water (but not too much), and if you're adding stuff like cheese or ham, wait until it's almost firm, then put 'em along the middle and fold the eggs over them.

(And no, I'm not kidding about the spices, I have been complemented many times on my SUPER ZESTY AND GOOD OMELETTES OF WONDEROUSNESS!!!!

Dapper Codger

I tend to use spike with my omelettes. It's a spice mixture that makes just about anything taste fabulous.
I like to separate the yolk and the white and beat the white up heaps. Then I fold them together, cook on the stove, add ingredients and finish under the grill o:
Get about 3 eggs, a pinch of ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper, a pinch of sugar, pour a bit of milk, hand full of dice of green onions, mince mushrooms (6), mince a 1/2 of red bellpeppers, a slice of ham, and half cup of cheddar and swiss shredded cheese.

Uber delish!! xd
indisposed
I like to separate the yolk and the white and beat the white up heaps. Then I fold them together, cook on the stove, add ingredients and finish under the grill o:

Too much work. @.@

Dapper Codger

Dyskonnect-Ed
indisposed

Too much work. @.@

8o I don't think so. That sounds good.

I'm an aspiring chef though. >.> So most of what I make is way more work than that.
I have a handy tip. Dont follow the idiots on JACKASS's Omelette. That sickened me. I swear to god, if u like Omelettes DO NOT WATCH IT!
U will be turned off of them for good!

Dapper Codger

Musicalchick-Amy
I have a handy tip. Dont follow the idiots on JACKASS's Omelette. That sickened me. I swear to god, if u like Omelettes DO NOT WATCH IT!

I dunnnno...considering where all those ingredients were...it still looked fairly appetizing. XD

God I love that show.
Whirrr.CLicK
Musicalchick-Amy

I dunnnno...considering where all those ingredients were...it still looked fairly appetizing. XD

God I love that show.

I absoloutely hate it. I only watched it because my best fiend sat me down and made me watch it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff