Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
One recipe I love is this recipe for curried chickpeas with lots of veggies. It's from Foodnetwork magazine and it's delicious. In fact, I'm making it Monday. ^_^
You can find them.. just search in google. lol

Friendly Bunny

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
River Melody
I have a recipe for some vegetarian chili omg it's so good. It's basically my mom's recipe for chili; I just replace the 1 pound of meat with veggie crumbles.

1 pack of Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles

1 Can of Kidney Beans (Light or Dark Red, either will do)

1 Can of Bush's Chili Beans (I usually go for the hot, but you can get mild if you want)

2 small cans of Hunts tomato sauce

1 packet of French's Chili-O Mix

A small Vidalia onion, minced finely.

Garlic Powder (Optional, you can use minced garlic, but I use garlic powder most of the time because my dad can't have real garlic. sad )

Chili Powder

Salt

Pepper

Optional: red pepper flakes, hot sauce (I use the hot sauce packets from Wendy's), cayenne pepper.

First, cook your veggies crumbles, it takes about 10 minutes on medium. You want to season with chili powder, salt, pepper, etc. before you add anything else. Proceed to add onions beans, and tomato sauce (save one of your empty bean cans and fill it with water twice and pour it into the chili pot). Pour the packet of Chili-o Mix into the pot. At this time, you can add any additional ingredients of your choosing. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for about 15 minutes and stir occasionally.

You could also add any kind of pepper to it, when you add in the onions, I generally don't because my mom is allergic to bell peppers. It makes me sad for her because peppers are delicious.

Chili is great! I do something similar but without the French's Chili-o Mix and the veggie crumbles. Instead I add black beans, some basil, and a crazy amount of chili powder. I also use bell peppers. In the summer, I sometimes make the same recipe but add in zucchini and corn to make it more of a 'summer chili'.

Dapper Dabbler

BettyAnn
River Melody
I have a recipe for some vegetarian chili omg it's so good. It's basically my mom's recipe for chili; I just replace the 1 pound of meat with veggie crumbles.

1 pack of Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles

1 Can of Kidney Beans (Light or Dark Red, either will do)

1 Can of Bush's Chili Beans (I usually go for the hot, but you can get mild if you want)

2 small cans of Hunts tomato sauce

1 packet of French's Chili-O Mix

A small Vidalia onion, minced finely.

Garlic Powder (Optional, you can use minced garlic, but I use garlic powder most of the time because my dad can't have real garlic. sad )

Chili Powder

Salt

Pepper

Optional: red pepper flakes, hot sauce (I use the hot sauce packets from Wendy's), cayenne pepper.

First, cook your veggies crumbles, it takes about 10 minutes on medium. You want to season with chili powder, salt, pepper, etc. before you add anything else. Proceed to add onions beans, and tomato sauce (save one of your empty bean cans and fill it with water twice and pour it into the chili pot). Pour the packet of Chili-o Mix into the pot. At this time, you can add any additional ingredients of your choosing. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for about 15 minutes and stir occasionally.

You could also add any kind of pepper to it, when you add in the onions, I generally don't because my mom is allergic to bell peppers. It makes me sad for her because peppers are delicious.

Chili is great! I do something similar but without the French's Chili-o Mix and the veggie crumbles. Instead I add black beans, some basil, and a crazy amount of chili powder. I also use bell peppers. In the summer, I sometimes make the same recipe but add in zucchini and corn to make it more of a 'summer chili'.
Ooh I've always wanted to try black beans in my chili.

Green Smoker

Last night I made grilled eggplant pitas with roasted red peppers, diced cucumbers, chopped parsley, lemon zest, feta cheese & red onions. Made a dressing for the pitas with Greek yogurt & Moroccan spices. It was delicious. The great thing about veggies is that you can combine so many different types & made really quick meals.

Tipsy Kitten

Here ya go, my pinterest board dedicated to vegan/vegetarian →here I've made a lot of these recipes, have yet to be disappointed.

I also have a cookbook titled "Fresh and Fast Vegetarian" by Marie Simmons which has excellent recipes in it and a lot of great tips. One of my favorite soups came from there.

Beloved Muse

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
My favourite vegetarian recipe is West African Peanut Soup. I think I've recommended this one here before, but it is seriously so good. Put sweet potatoes in it. It's so rich and filling and delicious.
I just made this black bean chili recipe and it was amazing ! 100% vegan too smile

http://blog.thespiritualcatalyst.com/risk-and-reward/
Quote:

1 Tbsp. whole cumin seeds
1 onion, minced
1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
9 garlic cloves (crushed or diced)
3 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. cayenne
1 Tbsp. Salt
6 cups of cooked black beans (or mix of beans if prefer)
2 cups of water
1 lb. tomato marinara sauce or crushed tomatoes
1tsp. dry oregano
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Opt. Cooked brown rice (for under the chili) and vegan cheddar cheese for garnish.

Toast the cumin in a large pot over medium heat for about three minutes, tossing often until they are fragrant and seem dry. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, chili powder, cayenne, salt and oil. Cover with a lid, stirring often until veggies are getting tender, about ten minutes. Stir in the beans, water, marinara or crushed tomatoes, oregano, lemon juice and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce hear to simmer and cook about 35 minutes. Remove from heat when it seems done. Serve over brown rice, topped with vegan cheddar. This is an A+ recipe. You will love it.

AnimeArtist29's Pardner

Aged Teenager

14,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Not sure about the reasons you would go to a vegetarian/vegan diet, but a lot of people tie it with just extreme dieting in general. So why not go all the way and get a taste of the "juicing" part of vegetarianism/veganism. You don't necessarily have to limit food to have the drink, but I find it awesome how vegetarians and vegans came up with the variety of smoothies, juices, and even meal replacers.

I'm kind of copying off of Cassie Ho right now, but I really liked this smoothie:

-one banana
-as much kale as you like
-lemon juice
-cayenne pepper (depending on your preference)
-water

It's an awesome metabolism booster and I heard people like to boost their metabolism to be more energized and/or speed up digestion. Also, major tip I've learned as a vegan.. blending cashews and almonds surprisingly replaces milk and crème. Happy blending emotion_yatta

Kawaii Shoujo

Sparkle Gems
You can find them.. just search in google. lol

p sure the point of asking instead of googling is to get feedback on what actually works and what doesn't

instead of just wasting time and money on recipes that're duds
Have you tried Black Beans and Rice? Its full of protein and I've never been hungry after eating it. Its also really easy to make.

Aged Elder

One of my favorite meals is whole grain pasta with edmame, you could add spinach, nuts, or any type of dressing but i like my food simple. I choose whole grains because they are healthier and have more flavor than white breads or pastas.
Another great but simple meal is fresh baby spinach salad with cranberries, almonds, and diced green apples.
You could also try smoothies, I work at a smoothie place so i usually have one every day and they're filling enough to be a meal.

So basically I eat a lot of grains, but you should always make sure to get enough nutrients and if you can't get them from the food you eat, try taking supplements with your meals or adding them to smoothies but make sure you read the label to make sure they are vegetarian/vegan
This is one of my favorite vegetarian pasta recipes, because i love Parmesan and Alfredo! And if you don't like Parmesan its easy to just omit if from the recipe and it'll still taste really good.

12 - 16 ounces of uncooked pasta of your choice (I prefer bowtie or Fettuccine, this will give you leftovers)
salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup of veggies of your choice ( I usually use asparagus, spinach, grape tomatoes, broccoli or peas)
Olive oil
3-4 large cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk ( or soy milk)
3-4 Tbsp of flour
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese
parsley to garnish

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt
2. While the water’s heating, bring a large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add about 3 Tbsp olive oil and garlic. Whisk and continue cooking for until garlic is just starting to brown & is fragrant (be careful, it can burn quickly.) Add 3 Tbsp flour and whisk. Cook for 30 seconds, then whisk in almond milk 1/2 cup at a time. Add a pinch salt and pepper and whisk. Lower heat and continue cooking to thicken, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions/ until al dente. Then drain and set aside.Once your sauce has reached desired thickness, add in Parmesan cheese and whisk in to incorporate.
4. Add the chopped veggies and the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Top with parsley and cheese (optional)

Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a few days. heart

(If you don't like creamy sauces or Parmesan, you could also always try a Vegetarian Lasagna, which is really good IMO, or something like that!!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff