Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Dabbler

Potato wedges, just coat with oil and spices. Then cook in the oven for 20 mins, done.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Well most I would have said have been listed so what I'm left with is rosti.

Grate up some peeled potatoes. With a cheese grater.
Fry up some bacon then dice it up small, into bits and pieces (or ham works too).
Then fry up some diced up onions and bell peppers.
Combine the bacon bits and grated potato into the onion and pepper mix and add some spices of salt + pepper and some paprika.
Pat down the mix so it sticks together like a hash brown.
Then just put it on a plate.

You can even add cheese or garlic or other vegetables if you want.

Apocalyptic Fatcat

Potato dumplings or gnocchi. Add a couple eggs and flour to make a stiff dough to your leftover mashed potatoes. Roll into your desired thickness (thicker ropes for dumplings, thinner for gnocchi). You can freeze both very well and then boil until they float when ready to cook.

Gnocchi is good with a tomato based sauce or even in soups. Potato dumplings are great with sauerkraut and a pork roast.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mashed potatoes with ground beef mixed in and salsa over it.

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Rösti (Röschti), you can eat them with mushroom sauce, or whatever you like really.
Or maybe some Shepherd's Pie?

Mewling Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Parmesan Roasted Potato Wedges

Best Potato Soup (I can personally say this is HORRIBLY DELICIOUS.)

Well, those are the only ones for potatoes that I have on my food blog, lol. :3
Ingredients

POTAO CAKE heart

2 cups chilled mashed potatoes (see Note)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Divide the mashed potatoes into 8 equal portions. Use your hands to form 1/2-inch thick patties.

Heat the oil with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a pie plate. Coat the potato patties in the flour mixture. Add the potato cakes to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until they have formed a golden crust, 15 to 20 minutes. (Peek underneath using a spatula before turning.) Turn and cook the other side until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve hot.

Note: Make mashed potatoes from the "innards" of the Garlic Roasted Potato Skins by mashing them with 1/2 cup hot milk and 4 tablespoons of softened, unsalted butter. Don't forget to season them with salt and pepper! Chill the mashed potatoes overnight for the best results.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff