• Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
That's a HUGE zucchini! Mm, that would make some NICE Zucchini Bread! XD

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Holy crap that thing is huge! Your grandfather is quite the gardener!
Will you post pictures of the other things in that garden?
Sai-kun

My grandfather blames the dogs for the fertilizer. smile
I can't wait for the tomatoes. Last year we had blight.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Madame de Sousa
Sai-kun

My grandfather blames the dogs for the fertilizer. smile
I can't wait for the tomatoes. Last year we had blight.

Last year my garden suffered from the overly wet, overly cold conditions.
This year I'm battling blistering heat and sun. WTF. Can't the weather just be normal?

The determinate tomato plant is kinda stalled even though it's covered in green fruits. It's been so hot that ripening has come to a complete halt.
One tomato right now is starting to show a blush of orange.

The Cherokee tomato seems to be doing just fine although I had to tie down some of the creepers to keep them from breaking as they develop fruit.

The Gold medal seems to be fine, foliage wise by the tomatoes appear sun scalded since the larger, older fruit on the plant are kinda shrively and puckery instead of taut and smooth. : emotion_facepalm :
Damn you, fickle temperate climate.
Taki Okuda
That's a HUGE zucchini! Mm, that would make some NICE Zucchini Bread! XD

My grandfather is making a chocolate zucchini cake out of it.
I'm making zucchini bread right now out of one of the smaller ones. Hopefully it will come out right since I'm not a very good cook.

7,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I want to hug everybody in this thread.

I don't have any pictures, but we (and by we, I mean my mom) are keeping a nice little garden in the back yard consisting mainly of tomatoes, zucchini, chilis (jalapeños and habaneros), and I think there's some herbs in there too.

HABANEROS.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Our entire garden was tilled under. We'll start planting tomatoes again in the fall. Thanks a lot, Hurricane Alex and Tropical Depression #2.
I so want to have a garden but I don't have enough space for it. I've had herbs and a pepper plant but lost most of my herbs when I had to leave it at a family's house and the pepper plant is barely surviving at the moment (needs a bigger pot I am guessing). Right now I think I am going to try and restart growing some of my herbs, I've actually let one of my basil plants flower and harvested the seeds from it and plan to grow back some more. I am also growing from seed an oregano plant and also got going another type of oregano plant from a clipping of my old one. I might also attempt soon to maybe grow a type of bell pepper from seed and try to regenerate some onions from cut bottoms.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
DranzerKire
I so want to have a garden but I don't have enough space for it. I've had herbs and a pepper plant but lost most of my herbs when I had to leave it at a family's house and the pepper plant is barely surviving at the moment (needs a bigger pot I am guessing). Right now I think I am going to try and restart growing some of my herbs, I've actually let one of my basil plants flower and harvested the seeds from it and plan to grow back some more. I am also growing from seed an oregano plant and also got going another type of oregano plant from a clipping of my old one. I might also attempt soon to maybe grow a type of bell pepper from seed and try to regenerate some onions from cut bottoms.

Good luck! I don't have much space since our lawn can't be dug up (it's this sheet grass stuff, the kind you roll out), so I use garden pots instead and have fairly good results.
Sai-kun
DranzerKire

Good luck! I don't have much space since our lawn can't be dug up (it's this sheet grass stuff, the kind you roll out), so I use garden pots instead and have fairly good results.
I live in an apartment so I have no choice but to use garden pots but they will have to do I guess.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
DranzerKire
Sai-kun
DranzerKire

I live in an apartment so I have no choice but to use garden pots but they will have to do I guess.

Not as bad a solution as you think.
I have three kinds of tomatoes, green onions, herbs and garlic chives going for me right now in pots.
Next year I think I want to try snap peas. Peas are climbers so they can go straight up on trellises instead of out.

Shameless Man-Lover

15,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Heckler 50
Damn, I should have taken pictures.
We just harvested our plum and nectarine
trees~
This year we had so many nectarines that
a branch fell off. > n>; We donated a ton of
fruit to the homeless. They said they were yummy~

Now we're just waiting on our mandarin oranges.

No special recipes yet, I'm a lazy a** who just makes
giant fruit salads from them

We had a nice herb garden, but my new puppy loves
munching on them. :c 'Specially my mint and chives.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Zhyk
Damn, I should have taken pictures.
We just harvested our plum and nectarine
trees~
This year we had so many nectarines that
a branch fell off. > n>; We donated a ton of
fruit to the homeless. They said they were yummy~

Now we're just waiting on our mandarin oranges.

No special recipes yet, I'm a lazy a** who just makes
giant fruit salads from them

We had a nice herb garden, but my new puppy loves
munching on them. :c 'Specially my mint and chives.

Wow, you're lucky! I don't think I'd have any luck with fruit trees in my yard ^_^;

I'm waiting on my heirlooms to ripen, one of the tomatoes has a green fruit the size of an infant's head and doesn't seem to be slowing down, but it won't ripen!

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Heads up, gardeners. There's an article you might want to check out regarding Senate Bill S510. Click here to read it. It pertains to possibly making it illegal to grow, sell, trade, and share homegrown food.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Taki Okuda
Heads up, gardeners. There's an article you might want to check out regarding Senate Bill S510. Click here to read it. It pertains to possibly making it illegal to grow, sell, trade, and share homegrown food.

WTF, government. Seriously? What kind of stupid, meaningless things do you want to take from us next?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff