Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's been absurdly cool here in Georgia and my plants are still so small because of it. At least they're still alive. Most of them.
Cucumbers all died and half of my sweet 100 tomato plants are gone. The other half are still alive but growing very slowly.
Stupid Georgia weather. >:C
And my dad broke the digital camera when he was down in Florida so no pictures.
PLUS we -might- be moving because we've had people interested in the house so I may not even get a nice tomato. emo

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Mister Bad Gai
It's been absurdly cool here in Georgia and my plants are still so small because of it. At least they're still alive. Most of them.
Cucumbers all died and half of my sweet 100 tomato plants are gone. The other half are still alive but growing very slowly.
Stupid Georgia weather. >:C
And my dad broke the digital camera when he was down in Florida so no pictures.
PLUS we -might- be moving because we've had people interested in the house so I may not even get a nice tomato. emo

Can you maybe uproot some of the small ones and take them with you?
Also, wow, what kind of weather did you get that killed your plants? I've been getting rain straight through the week and it hasn't risen above the 60's. I've got some herb plants, some chives and that lone silver leaf out there.

The seedlings indoots are getting bigger, but they're taking their time.

Elder

I don't have any pictures, but I have three baby stalks peeking out of the ground for the first time from the garlic bulbs I planted into the ground. I also intend on planting some jalapeno pepper seeds. 3nodding

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Kosai Avonej
I don't have any pictures, but I have three baby stalks peeking out of the ground for the first time from the garlic bulbs I planted into the ground. I also intend on planting some jalapeno pepper seeds. 3nodding
Taking care of baby seeds makes me feel like such a momma <3

I hear jalapeno and other hot pepper plants like a dryer soil. You might want to double check on that. o:
i tried to germinate seeds for the first time (usually we just buy the 6" sprouts and plant things that way) but when i transplanted my very sturdy and healthy little babies into their own little pots, my cat went hot wild and killled them all. well my cat mixed with crazy california weather and the fact that i dont know what im doing. its too late for me to plant anything just for myself to actually get a benefit from it seeing as how im moving 2500 miles away the first week of august so for now i just get to keep helping my mom with hers. we need to go to the nursery very soon and get new plants, we have tons of onions and a couple tomato plants but we as a family usually eat all of the fruit from our usual 8 plants that always produce bunches for us and still have to buy some tomatoes to get us through the summer from the grocery store lol.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Murderous Meaghanne
i tried to germinate seeds for the first time (usually we just buy the 6" sprouts and plant things that way) but when i transplanted my very sturdy and healthy little babies into their own little pots, my cat went hot wild and killled them all. well my cat mixed with crazy california weather and the fact that i dont know what im doing. its too late for me to plant anything just for myself to actually get a benefit from it seeing as how im moving 2500 miles away the first week of august so for now i just get to keep helping my mom with hers. we need to go to the nursery very soon and get new plants, we have tons of onions and a couple tomato plants but we as a family usually eat all of the fruit from our usual 8 plants that always produce bunches for us and still have to buy some tomatoes to get us through the summer from the grocery store lol.
Aw, I'm sorry your cat went all Godzilla on your plants. sad

When you move, will your cat come with you? If so, you might want to consider planting a pot of catnip just for it.That way, kitty can focus on ravaging that and leave your babies alone? O:

In news here, Mr. Stripey's got another flower. The tomato plants I planted from seeds are getting HUGE. (there's three of them I'm keeping close to me. I'm a horrible parent and kind of abandoned the ones in the garden)

I know the Ananas Noire is already using its cage. The Wapsipinicon Peach is still chugging along, but I think it'll be making use of its cage soon.

Cherokee Purple and Mr. Stripey (Both I bought at Lowe's as little 5" babies) are HUGE. And my Snowberry and White Currant cherries are doing fine. Dad broke the hanger so I can't hang them upside down right now. ^_^;

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Taki Okuda
Murderous Meaghanne

When you move, will your cat come with you? If so, you might want to consider planting a pot of catnip just for it.That way, kitty can focus on ravaging that and leave your babies alone? O:

In news here, Mr. Stripey's got another flower. The tomato plants I planted from seeds are getting HUGE. (there's three of them I'm keeping close to me. I'm a horrible parent and kind of abandoned the ones in the garden)

I know the Ananas Noire is already using its cage. The Wapsipinicon Peach is still chugging along, but I think it'll be making use of its cage soon.

Cherokee Purple and Mr. Stripey (Both I bought at Lowe's as little 5" babies) are HUGE. And my Snowberry and White Currant cherries are doing fine. Dad broke the hanger so I can't hang them upside down right now. ^_^;

The dreary, sunless weather this entire week isn't making for good growing. The silver leaf has some new growth, and I gave the bottom leaves a trim to encourage it to grow upwards a little more. It's still tiny though. I don't expect it to get over 2 feet but its such slow going.

I think I'm going to have to do a second transplant of my babies. They've been stalled at several inches high themselves. I think the egg carton might not be big enough for them now. Also. Absolutely ZERO sun lately.

Dabbler

Hazza! Hurray! A thread about gardening!
^^ I'm excited to see what this thread has in for store!

I'll be getting out of college soon and I'm revamping my yard with raise beds in hopes for a strawberry patch, and a place to plant all my tomatoes, potatoes, chives, squash and beans! mmm I love my beans and squash!

Dabbler

Ragina Vainbow

Oh and I bought strawberry plants from home depot and I have no idea how to deal with them any ideas? Really weird to find these plants here, my dad did say he saw strawberry plants all the time near the river where he grew up in but the temperatures up in those valleys is always lower and where I am it's always between eighty and ninety something all year round

Delicious morning sun! I have a few strawberry plants and I've have a few in several spots in my yard to find the best place to put them. They enjoy the morning sun, facing east, and mild ambient light during the rest of the day.

They grow well with cone flowers if you have them, and some people say no to growing them near allium (onion family) But the one I have fruits amazingly with the Chinese chives it surrounded itself (it was a rogue strawberry from a mother plant I had else were and it just planted itself there) smile

The ground should be moist, cool and fluffy with compost. biggrin Enjoy!
Taki Okuda
Murderous Meaghanne

she is not coming with me unfortunately because as a family we have a lot of cats and they are her freinds, this is where she is comfortable.
though i may be able to have a real garden when i move because my fiances father owns a big a** plot of land that he only uses as a really big lawn. lol right now we cant plant in the ground here because our house rests on hardpan and we can only plant things that can take well to VERY hot weather. if we plant under our trees most stuff will grow though.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
This Rule:
Quote:
b. This is NOT a "how to grow a garden" thread. This is a thread aimed at showing what we already have, and what we can do with what we have produced.

has been removed. We will try to the best of our ability to help anyone get a garden if they need some help!

Also, I'll be working on a post designed for dorm students and apartment-dwellers.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Taki Okuda
This Rule:
Quote:
b. This is NOT a "how to grow a garden" thread. This is a thread aimed at showing what we already have, and what we can do with what we have produced.

has been removed. We will try to the best of our ability to help anyone get a garden if they need some help!

Also, I'll be working on a post designed for dorm students and apartment-dwellers.

Provided the focus is still on growing our own edibles, and not just general growing things.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Sai-kun
Taki Okuda
This Rule:
Quote:

Provided the focus is still on growing our own edibles, and not just general growing things.
Of course. Hopefully that's understood since this is the Food and Drink forum.

Gladiolas are pretty, but not for eating. D:

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Taki Okuda
Sai-kun
Taki Okuda
This Rule:
Quote:

Of course. Hopefully that's understood since this is the Food and Drink forum.

Gladiolas are pretty, but not for eating. D:

The deer think my hostas are delicious.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Banner is up <3

Edit: So are the Link to Us banners <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff