Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love burritos, but whenever I buy frozen ones they never turn out that good. They get really hard when I microwave them. I've heard if you wrap them in a damp paper towel that they cook better, but have yet to try this.

What brand and flavors do you normally get?
Cooking suggestions?
kvlt elitist
put them in ovens?

On the wrapper of the burrito I just ate the oven instructions take 50-55 minutes.
Microwaving takes 2.

I way too impatient for that.
i make my own "freezer burritos"

its a lot cheaper and they microwave a lot better plus they taste about 10X better.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You know those Compleats meal containers? The green ones are two layer devices where you boil the noodles by pouring water in the lower part of the container and letting steam rise through the perforated second layer. Buy one of these, eat it, wash out the container, put some water in the bottom, put your burrito on the top, and pop that baby in the microwave. The steam will keep your burrito from drying out.

As for taste, you'll just have to experiment with sauces that you can put into little containers for convenience.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I just make a cut in the plastic wrapper they come in to let out steam and microwave them in that. They come out nice and soft.

Dapper Ladykiller

Burritos like that never fill me up. neutral
Ratttking
I just make a cut in the plastic wrapper they come in to let out steam and microwave them in that. They come out nice and soft.

Because microwaving a plastic wrapper is such a good idea and the wrapper doesn't say to remove before microwaving.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Disney Child
Ratttking

Because microwaving a plastic wrapper is such a good idea and the wrapper doesn't say to remove before microwaving.
Right, and it does not. 3nodding
For the frozen burrito problem, some markets have fresh ones in their refrigeration area.
Pop that in the microwave.

Or make one at home and bring it with with an icepack then microwave (I'm thinking you want to bring it for lunch).

Good luck!

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Don't put them in the freezer, put them in the fridge works better.

Conservative Phantom

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
I buy Amy's Breakfast Burritos almost religiously, they're soooooo good.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Erividia
I buy Amy's Breakfast Burritos almost religiously, they're soooooo good.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I saw these at the store the other day and picked one up because of this post.
It was a little bland for my tastes so I put hot sauce on it. I would eat it again.

I also tried wrapping it in a slightly damp paper towel. It worked better. Now if there was only a way to keep the paper towel from sticking to it. I think I needed to make the towel wetter.
oTrissa
Don't put them in the freezer, put them in the fridge works better.

Even though you buy them from the frozen section?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff