Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Lunatic

Chanda Jay
JZayas

User Image

Oh my god, yes. I practically live off of these.

I don't live off of them, but I definitely prefer them to any normal chicken nuggets... and I'm not even vegetarian!!!

These, plus some mashed potatoes with ranch dressing mixed in?! Heck yes.
I love black bean burgers- more than regular burgers most of the time. I'm not even a vegetarian.
Chanda Jay
Skye River
I find it strange that some vegetarian foods tend to take on the look of meat. Tofurkey, vegetarian ham, garden burgers, etc. Seems kinda contradicting to me.

Most vegetarians were raised eating meat. So it's a big part of their diet.

I think it just depends on the person, I grew up with meat, yet the only time I use commercial meat replacements is when other people get them fore me. Then again I became vegetarian mainly because I don't like meat. Someone who liked it, but became veg*n for moral reasons may like replacements more.

Usually in recipes I sub some type of bean, mushrooms, or occasionally eggplant. I like tofu but I haven't had luck preparing it myself.
This post has inspired me. My fiance is recently vegetarian, and while we LOVE all kinds of artificial bacon, sausage, and turkey, the one thing we haven't been able to easily find is veg*n jerky! I'm so glad someone mentioned it, because now I know what I'm getting the man for Valentine's Day!

Those freakin' holiday Tofurky roasts, btw? BEST NOMS EVER.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff