Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sai-kun
Pyon
Sai-kun
sodium
Sai-kun

Raw oysters are a love of mine...theyre not exactly uncommon or even that weird, but they wig some people out 'cause of how they look I suppose ^_^;
So. Good. Though. I routinely have bad cravings for them.

I'm Chinese...so I eat a lot of stuff people consider weird...
This summer I was in China eating my way around while studying...some of the best eating ever...because Beijing has a large Muslim Chinese population, we had lamb prepared every way imaginable, an interesting soup with every part of the lamb EXCEPT for the meat (lungs, kidneys, stomach lining, you name it, it was in there), horse meat (prepared and cured a little like dry ham), turtle, chicken embryos grilled on skewers (crunchy!), raw sea cucumber, shrimp that look like the face huggers from Aliens...oh geez...I want to go back >_<

MM. Raw oysters and clams are amazing. I get a lot of trouble for liking them, my friends think it's the grossest thing ever.

My friend lives across the hall from me is from Taiwan. She gets lots of wierd stuff sent to her, and I'm the only one other than her that likes any of it.
She has these little chip things that are flavoured like squid. :O So yummy.
Is it true that the Chinese eat chicken feet??

Hehehe, you can gross out your friends by eating more of them!

It's true that chicken feet are a pretty popular Chinese food :3
You can find them in soup (when they dump the entire plucked and gutted chicken into the pot and stew for hours), also seasoned and served up on their own.
They're very good, salty and chewy. Really a hands on food though since there's lots of bones in it. You can't possibly eat them with a knife and fork or chopsticks ^_^;

They would eat almost every part of the chicken if they could. I personally hate the chicken neck,butt and feet but many would disagree.

Hehehe...we do ^_~ no part goes to waste.
Chicken neck is good to gnaw on. In China, there's actually a pretty successful food stand that ONLY sells seasoned chicken necks! It was cited in the business section of a Beijing newspaper as an example of an exemplary business. They were doing brisk business during the Soccer World Cup because people would buy big bags of them them to snack on while they watched the game XD
Popular opinion goes that the closer the meat is to the bone, the more flavor it has, which is why chicken neck is popular.

I havent had chicken tail very much for some reason, though I'm sure I could find it, but its a popular Japanese dish to go along with copious amounts of beer and sake at eating and drinking bars called izakaya.

You know what I'm craving after talking about poultry parts? D:
Duck feet in mustard sauce >_<
It's a dish found in a lot of places that serve Peking Duck because its a leftover part after they roast up the meaty part of the ducks.
They debone the feet entirely (don't ask me how, its quite amazing, actually) so you can just pop the entire piece into your mouth.
Its chilled and the mustard sauce has a little bit of a spicy kick to it. Its crunchy and addictive!

Woah you mentioned the duck legs! I was going to talk about them but I wasnt sure if people actually eat those. xD Well one thing that I really am sure of is that even the duck's tounge doesnt go to waste!! Heres a picture of it!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. -->
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Escargot = Love

Stewed Turtle, stewed conch are foods that I consider totally awesome. Very fattening but that's how we do it in the caribbean biggrin . Although really turtle isn't considered strange seeing as though it is our national dish and everything.
User Image
Escargots are delicious.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Pyon
Sai-kun
Pyon
Sai-kun
sodium
Sai-kun

Raw oysters are a love of mine...theyre not exactly uncommon or even that weird, but they wig some people out 'cause of how they look I suppose ^_^;
So. Good. Though. I routinely have bad cravings for them.

I'm Chinese...so I eat a lot of stuff people consider weird...
This summer I was in China eating my way around while studying...some of the best eating ever...because Beijing has a large Muslim Chinese population, we had lamb prepared every way imaginable, an interesting soup with every part of the lamb EXCEPT for the meat (lungs, kidneys, stomach lining, you name it, it was in there), horse meat (prepared and cured a little like dry ham), turtle, chicken embryos grilled on skewers (crunchy!), raw sea cucumber, shrimp that look like the face huggers from Aliens...oh geez...I want to go back >_<

MM. Raw oysters and clams are amazing. I get a lot of trouble for liking them, my friends think it's the grossest thing ever.

My friend lives across the hall from me is from Taiwan. She gets lots of wierd stuff sent to her, and I'm the only one other than her that likes any of it.
She has these little chip things that are flavoured like squid. :O So yummy.
Is it true that the Chinese eat chicken feet??

Hehehe, you can gross out your friends by eating more of them!

It's true that chicken feet are a pretty popular Chinese food :3
You can find them in soup (when they dump the entire plucked and gutted chicken into the pot and stew for hours), also seasoned and served up on their own.
They're very good, salty and chewy. Really a hands on food though since there's lots of bones in it. You can't possibly eat them with a knife and fork or chopsticks ^_^;

They would eat almost every part of the chicken if they could. I personally hate the chicken neck,butt and feet but many would disagree.

Hehehe...we do ^_~ no part goes to waste.
Chicken neck is good to gnaw on. In China, there's actually a pretty successful food stand that ONLY sells seasoned chicken necks! It was cited in the business section of a Beijing newspaper as an example of an exemplary business. They were doing brisk business during the Soccer World Cup because people would buy big bags of them them to snack on while they watched the game XD
Popular opinion goes that the closer the meat is to the bone, the more flavor it has, which is why chicken neck is popular.

I havent had chicken tail very much for some reason, though I'm sure I could find it, but its a popular Japanese dish to go along with copious amounts of beer and sake at eating and drinking bars called izakaya.

You know what I'm craving after talking about poultry parts? D:
Duck feet in mustard sauce >_<
It's a dish found in a lot of places that serve Peking Duck because its a leftover part after they roast up the meaty part of the ducks.
They debone the feet entirely (don't ask me how, its quite amazing, actually) so you can just pop the entire piece into your mouth.
Its chilled and the mustard sauce has a little bit of a spicy kick to it. Its crunchy and addictive!

Woah you mentioned the duck legs! I was going to talk about them but I wasnt sure if people actually eat those. xD Well one thing that I really am sure of is that even the duck's tounge doesnt go to waste!! Heres a picture of it!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. -->
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love duck tongue too! Hahahahahaah
They're good in soy sauce and also just simply salted and boiled with a little jalapeno...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff