Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

A super-automaic makes sense. You'll be busy! (Hopefully.) 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
HUMPH, I AM A COFFEE SNOB AND YOU ARE NOT A TRUE BARISTA. GOOD DAY. *dramatic exit* 0.75 75.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

Liberal Witch

Okay, so, this is years away probably, but I want to open a café. I've been going through the equipment and gathering prices to get an idea of what I'll need to get started, and, obviously, an espresso machine is a key element here.

I've worked with a super-automatic (at a café inside a Borders) and an older machine (at a small business).

The super-automatic grinds, tamps, and brews the espresso for you. I love this. I want this so bad. BUT I also want to be able to control the milk steam wand, which a lot of super-automatics don't seem to let you do. The one I worked with at Borders would let you control the steam wand, though it turned itself off at 150 F (which was nice, actually, and you could bypass it if someone wanted their drink extra-hot).

I guess basically I want whatever model Borders had. o_o But the café in Borders was a Seattle's Best, which is a large chain, so their machine is probably waaaay too expensive. I'm looking for something in the $2,000-$3,000 range, if I can find what I want there.

Soooo if anyone has ideas, I will love you forever.

Dangerous Noob

Commercial Nespresso machines.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas