Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adain-chan
Melodic Meaghanne
Adain-chan
Melodic Meaghanne
when i make kraft mac and cheese i do 1 1/2 times the butterand omit the milk altogether. it tastes better.
I've never tried that, it could be interesting. I'll have to do that next time.

@Jipsey: It gets into the pasta and enhances the flavor. I'm not sure quite how to describe it, but I guess it sort of tastes richer and tangier.
yea, the butter melts and gives enough liquid to disolve the "cheese" without the milk making it runny. yumm i think im gonna make some right now.
I've never really experienced the milk making it runny, but I imagine it would be richer with more butter.
if you follow the directions exactly, its always runny, its why i used to HATE mac and cheese from the box.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Well I don't make my Mac & Cheese like you, but I do make it w/ cut up hot dogs into the mix of it when it's done. Boom as hell!

Dapper Explorer

Melodic Meaghanne
Adain-chan
Melodic Meaghanne
Adain-chan
Melodic Meaghanne
when i make kraft mac and cheese i do 1 1/2 times the butterand omit the milk altogether. it tastes better.
I've never tried that, it could be interesting. I'll have to do that next time.

@Jipsey: It gets into the pasta and enhances the flavor. I'm not sure quite how to describe it, but I guess it sort of tastes richer and tangier.
yea, the butter melts and gives enough liquid to disolve the "cheese" without the milk making it runny. yumm i think im gonna make some right now.
I've never really experienced the milk making it runny, but I imagine it would be richer with more butter.
if you follow the directions exactly, its always runny, its why i used to HATE mac and cheese from the box.
I usually do follow the directions exactly, at least when it comes to how much milk and butter to add and I've never had the problem, even before I started adding the vinegar which was an accident the first time. Maybe it's a climate thing or something.

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I add a teaspoon of whole grain mustard to mine Om Nom nom ^^
I make as the recipe directs, and add a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese. Usually I'll throw in frozen peas and hot dogs too.

And you gotta have ketchup.

Dapper Explorer

Omnomnomicon
I make as the recipe directs, and add a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese. Usually I'll throw in frozen peas and hot dogs too.

Cream cheese sounds tasty, but I've never been able to understand the whole ketchup thing. It's just so weird to me.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I hardly make mac n cheese but next time i do ill try it,
I always make homemade mac and cheese. I only eat the boxed stuff if someone else buys and prepares it, so I couldn't really tell you about any stylistic differences with that...

For homemade mac and cheese, though, I like to make the roux out of bacon grease instead of butter. And I use a mixture of cheeses- chedder, colby jack, and mozzarella. So good.

Dapper Explorer

Alohilani
I always make homemade mac and cheese. I only eat the boxed stuff if someone else buys and prepares it, so I couldn't really tell you about any stylistic differences with that...

For homemade mac and cheese, though, I like to make the roux out of bacon grease instead of butter. And I use a mixture of cheeses- chedder, colby jack, and mozzarella. So good.
Sounds pretty tasty. You should try the vinegar trick with the noodles sometime and see how it does with homemade. I'd kind of like to know.
Adain-chan
Omnomnomicon

Cream cheese sounds tasty, but I've never been able to understand the whole ketchup thing. It's just so weird to me.

It's tangy and delicious. It cuts the richness of the cheese sauce.

Dapper Explorer

Omnomnomicon
Adain-chan
Omnomnomicon

It's tangy and delicious. It cuts the richness of the cheese sauce.
lol but I like the richness of the cheese sauce. Oh well different tastes for different people.
tried the vinegar thing, tasted the same sweatdrop

Dapper Explorer

Homicidal Orange
tried the vinegar thing, tasted the same sweatdrop
I guess different people's taste buds work differently because I can definitely taste the difference. How much did you add?

Beloved Nerd

I've never done that. When I eat mac and cheese, I'll either make it homemade, or if I'm lazy and use the box kind, I always alter it. I season the water with salt, boil the noodles, add butter, and then I shred cheese -- usually a blend of mozzarella and sharp cheddar (either wisconsin or vermont), and then I add milt, and finish off with some pepper. Pretty delicious. 4laugh

Dapper Explorer

i are plushie
I've never done that. When I eat mac and cheese, I'll either make it homemade, or if I'm lazy and use the box kind, I always alter it. I season the water with salt, boil the noodles, add butter, and then I shred cheese -- usually a blend of mozzarella and sharp cheddar (either wisconsin or vermont), and then I add milt, and finish off with some pepper. Pretty delicious. 4laugh
That does sound pretty tasty. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces