Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't like my food touching.
I suppose there are rules to this, but in general, I don't want one food to touch another before I eat it.

Some things just go together, like sandwich stuff.. or casseroles you put together first, then bake together and serve.. and I might get a little adventurous and try like, dipping my bread into my spaghetti sauce or something, but that's about it.
I don't want my pre-mixed-with-dressing-already-on-it-salad to touch my mound-of-mashed-potatoes-with-gravy-spilling-off-of-it.
I don't want the sauce from my pasta to get on my veggies that are steamed.

Sooooo..
Is anyone else like this?

Discuss:
Do you care if your food touches or not?

If NO: Do you mix it all together? (Like, mashed potatoes, vegetable on side, and gravy mixed)
Do you not mix it, but will totally eat whatever's on your plate regardless?
Any odd food combo favorites?

If YES:
Do you make space in between the foods on one plate?
Can you even eat all foods from one plate? (Sometimes I'll use multiple plates just so things won't touch)
Anything you don't mind touching?
Whyyyyyyy do you NOT LIKE IT?!
Any odd food combos that you do like, or have tried and don't abhor?

sweatdrop sweatdrop

Super Cyclops

That'd be a "no" to all of those, I guess. People are like that, I hear, but I'm "standard" wink . Though I tend to have these thoughts about positions of items on me plate (taters on left, meat at bottom and so on). Nothing nagging but an obsessive disorder in the works I suppose xd .

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't mix my food together, but I absolutely don't care if it touches.

I've never really had any weird food hangups, and my parents wouldn't have tolerated that anyway.

Revered Prophet

hoonestly just depends what food im eating but usually idc

Cuddly Wolf

20,050 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • OTP 200
Space is Disease and Danger..

Do you care if your food touches or not?
Nah

If NO: Do you mix it all together? (Like, mashed potatoes, vegetable on side, and gravy mixed)
... Using the example, if I have thin cut roast beef, corn, and gravy with mashed potatoes, I will mix them all together in a bowl and eat it.
Yeah, most of the times things get mixed, or I'll take a bite of something and then everything else. I like mixing flavors.

Do you not mix it, but will totally eat whatever's on your plate regardless?
Mhm

Any odd food combo favorites?
Not really, uh unless chili, cheese, tater tots, and hot dogs count. (Listen, I was having a bad day... )

..wrapped in Darkness and Silence.

Enduring Phantom

I don't mind it. Sometimes it's better that way, like swedish meatballs/mashed potatoes/gravy/lingonberry jam mixed up

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Depends on the food, for me.

I don't like it when things I'm going to be dipping (fries, veggies, chips) touch the dip before I do the dipping. I also separate my rice from my Thing-I'm-Eating-With-Rice until I'm down to just sauce, then mix the rice with the leftover sauce.

But when I make salmon loaf with baked potato, veggies & hollandaise sauce? It all gets mixed together, usually.
depends on the food
but generally, yeah.
mostly because 75% of the things I eat get eaten from a bowl with really high sides. emotion_kirakira
I hate it when my spaghetti sauce gets on my salad, or when my mashed potato gets on my steak.
But for some dishes, I do mash it together. Like endive, I mash it through my potatoes. But that's how many Dutch hotpots are served anyway.
If I don't mix them I usually eat them after each other or make sure there is space between the things. I just don't like the tastes of everything going over each other, messes up the distinctive taste of each dish.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

Depends on the combination. If one of the food is soupy or watery or something then no i don't want it touching my other food items and making it soggy or something. But most often then not with me, the food I eat i don't mind it touching.

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
It really depends on what it is but for the most part no. Like others said if it’s a watery based food then no but other than that no. I'm a picky eater so I hate wet food gets mixed with other food.
I don't mix most of my foods together, but I don't mind one type of food touching another. I'll usually just eat the part that was touching another food first so I can enjoy the untouched stuff afterward. My sister is the polar opposite to the point of eating a very bland diet. She doesn't like the idea of gravy from one food touching another and will skip the meal altogether just seeing it happen on the plate.
Well I'm the same way, but I do something that actually almost everyone I meet finds very weird or don't like that I do. I eat one thing at a time. So if I have a steak and potatoes. I'm going to eat my potatoes first and all of them, and then move on to the steak. You'd surprised how often people tell me that it's super weird.
I don't really like cold salads on the same plate as piping hot/warm food, except for maybe potato salad, coleslaw, and macaroni salad.
I also don't understand how my mom puts sweet potatoes (complete with marshmallows and walnuts) on the same plate as her savory foods around the Holidays. It's basically a dessert and would be like me putting a slab of pumpkin pie on top of my turkey and mashed potatoes.
And if I make some a plate, I try to separate their foods for them, in case they don't want it all mounded together.

Friendly Vampire

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
I dont mind if my food is touching but I dont mix it. Although my boyfriend likes mixing his food stuff like mash potatoes and corn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff